Debate Mansion

The Indian counting system - confusing..? - Page 2

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I think others should adopt India's system. Lakh is easier to pronounce than Hundred Thousand. Crore is easier to pronounce than Hundred Million. πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: souro

But it's fun na. You only have ten, hundred, thousand, million, billion. We use all these plus lakh and crore too as intermediate stops. More names, more fun. πŸ˜›
And just why should we bother about how the whole world counts when we're counting money or solving a maths problem inside our country. πŸ˜›

Similarly, I dont understand why US uses "Penny, dime and things like that.It was so confusing in the beginning to remember all that..1 paisa, 2 paisa , 10 paisa sounds so easyπŸ˜†

This content was originally posted by: sunandshine

Tere paas 100,000$ hain??😲 at a given time, practically one does not have that much money to conversion mein problem nahi hoteeπŸ˜† for everything else there are online calculatorsπŸ˜†

i was discussing salaries with my cousins in india.. toh it got hella confusingg..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..i couldnt deal with it..
sunandshine thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Meena1

i was discussing salaries with my cousins in india.. toh it got hella confusingg..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..i couldnt deal with it..

Proves--never discuss salariesπŸ˜†

Jokes apart: All these notations are standardized. What system is designed is specific for each country. If you go to India you follow their trade and when we come here, we learn yours😊
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Indian Currency is based on a logical metric system. As is most other countries.

US Currency is based on the whims of eccentric people. We still measure weight in 16 ozs = 1 Lb instead of 100 g = 1 kg.
sunandshine thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Indian Currency is based on a logical metric system. As is most other countries.

US Currency is based on the whims of eccentric people. We still measure weight in 16 ozs = 1 Lb instead of 100 g = 1 kg.

Lol..I so wanted to post this metric system difference here..but wanted to not trouble Meena furtherπŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: sunandshine

Lol..I so wanted to post this metric system difference here..but wanted to not trouble Meena furtherπŸ˜†

it just gets annoying when you go to india.. converting lbs into kgs.. miles into kilometers.. πŸ˜•
sunandshine thumbnail

it just gets annoying when you go to india.. converting lbs into kgs.. miles into kilometers.. πŸ˜•

Why did US chose to be different than the rest of the world, beats meπŸ˜• Even Canadians use KMs..! but anyway you dont go to India very often. Take the help of your cousins😊
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Forget India. It happens when you cross the border north or south. πŸ˜† We are a strange land.
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Forget India. It happens when you cross the border north or south. πŸ˜† We are a strange land.

LOL.. you can say that again.. πŸ˜†.. haven't been south of the border yet.. but yeah.. Canadians get annoying too when they talk in kgs and ki...πŸ˜†  but aleast a million is still a million there and the commas stay in the same place.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†