Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
I absolutely loved the first epi! The promos had raised my expectations to begin with and the epi totally lived up to that....

Isha and Rohan couldn't be more poles apart....lol...and this is established in the very first scene.....Isha is a morning person..."I love mornings! Naya din...a fresh start!" LOL while Rohan thinks, "Subah ki sabse badi problem hi yeh hai ki woh itni jaldi aa jaati hai"...haha....

Isha is a little borderline OCD about having everything in order it seems....lol...the way she kept arranging things on her desk and wanting them to be placed a certain way....she's a romantic at heart....thinks Rohan is a hypocrite cuz he doesn't believe in love yet he runs a matchmaking business....lol....I loved her relationship with her Dad....it was shown veryyyyy sweetly! She's emotional about little things and not really that good at hiding her feelings cuz they end up showing on her face...this was obvious in the Mr. Haldiram scenes...lol....

Rohan is the complete opposite...no semblance of order in his life...especially not compared to Isha....lol....he considers marriage to be a joke and a lie that he just happens to sell for a living....I loved that analogy he gave...."Agar koi chuhe maarne ki dawaa bechta hai, iska matlab yeh toh nahin ki woh khud use kha le'?? LOL...but Isha's response to this was hilarious..."Main toh khaane ko tayyar hoon....agar accha chuha mil jaaye" ROFL ROFLROFL.....
Every woman seems to think he's insensitive....and somewhere that bothers him...lol....he's basically a gentleman....but a commitment-phobe....a charmer yet seems to tire of his girlfriends quite quickly...lol....especially when they get chipku...haha

Isha and Rohan know that they are so utterly different from each other....their thinking doesn't seem to match at all...their approaches towards ppl, philosophies in life are totally different....and yet there is a core of affection to their relationship....it shows when even though they are bickering...for example in the first scene in Isha's office, they still have these light smiles on their faces....as if they enjoy the bantering....Isha is exasperated with him many times but she ultimately smiles in bemusement....Their bickering is witty and cute! Kinda looks like the bickering of a married couple :P...haha....Their differences aside, they respect each other when it comes to work....they both know they are good at what they do....while Rohan's slacker attitude may bother Isha, she knows that his instincts are great and usually spot on....

I liked the little deeper layers they showed to Rohan and Isha....in Rohan's case, the way he sees ppl behave in some of the cases like that of Rohit and Neha in today's epi....these make him more cynical in his approach towards love and marriage....since he sees how materialistic and manipulative ppl seem to be....

Isha on the other hand is finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that her father could love another woman after her mother's death....even if many years have passed since....

An interesting base has been set up in this opening epi and I'm looking forward to next week's epi now :-)

Plus points....Kavi is doing a fabulous job as the urbane and charming Rohan....especially loved his acting in his scene when he's attempting to break up with his gf....LOL....and Shruti has always been an adorable actress....she's also doing a great job as the heart of this operation i.e. Isha ;-)

Edited by nureat01 - 03 January 2010 at 9:43pm

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

harshiti4everaditi2995Eventide-Swetha-IpshitaaProdigalStudentmits002pigbelly4myfeetnimrahAnhdara13CeruleanSkyMysterygirl_meMelissasarah1024ShiningStar18Maz.Eloquentaish_punklavenderskiesDarkHellBlazeshockalotincandescencePyaarSetingtingteedingspiritcrimson-Ami-kavya.b

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Isha-Rohan: Poles apart but still in sync somehow" in Rishta.Com forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

PyaarSe

IF-Sizzlerz

PyaarSe

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
nureat!!!!!!!! yaar, I am in love with this show. & I completely agree with you on all points. Isha and Rohan are opposites but they do have a common ground. I love their bickering and relationship in general. I simply can't wait to see what happens next!
-roz

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Roz, is that you?? LOL did you change your username?? I didn't recognize you for a sec :S haha

I'm loving the show as well....Isha and Rohan are really cute...well etched characters and both the actors playing them are doing a great job :-)....I'm already looking forward to the next epi now :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PyaarSe

tingtingteeding

IF-Sizzlerz

tingtingteeding

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
you said it all...the show has started ]off really well....especially the characters are shown....rohan as the charming but insensitve guy according to the female species LOL...and isha as the sensitve and uptight girl....their bickering is so natural and normal...like how friends usually bicker....not like they hate each other and have to work with each other forcefully as have been shown a lot on television...their relaionship with each other is so nice....they know each other very well...i liked isha's line wer she is commenting on mr. haldiram to her friend..."aise kaam toh rohan karta hain" LOL

isha's character though very uptight is a very normal character...the gal has flaws and she tries to make them right....the effort she makes to accept mr. haldirams case....

rohan is adorable....LOL...what else shud i say??...the way he sort of yells at that chkbook guy....asking him whether he wants to buy a bride was sooo sweet.....and too sensitive of him LOL....and also the fact that he is a bit bothered when people call him insensitve but still doesn't show it to the female species is so cute LOL

and i liked the scene wen isha hits him twice calling him insensitve LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

EventidenimrahAreYaar

PyaarSe

IF-Sizzlerz

PyaarSe

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
nureat - yup its me with a new username lol. and yeah, the characters are really well defined and the acting is great so far. this show is definitely something I'm going to watch weekly.

AreYaar

Awesome.Sauce

IF-Rockerz

Awesome.Sauce

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

I absolutely loved the first epi! The promos had raised my expectations to begin with and the epi totally lived up to that....

Isha and Rohan couldn't be more poles apart....lol...and this is established in the very first scene.....Isha is a morning person..."I love mornings! Naya din...a fresh start!" LOL while Rohan thinks, "Subah ki sabse badi problem hi yeh hai ki woh itni jaldi aa jaati hai"...haha....

Isha is a little borderline OCD about having everything in order it seems....lol...the way she kept arranging things on her desk and wanting them to be placed a certain way....she's a romantic at heart....thinks Rohan is a hypocrite cuz he doesn't believe in love yet he runs a matchmaking business....lol....I loved her relationship with her Dad....it was shown veryyyyy sweetly! She's emotional about little things and not really that good at hiding her feelings cuz they end up showing on her face...this was obvious in the Mr. Haldiram scenes...lol....

Rohan is the complete opposite...no semblance of order in his life...especially not compared to Isha....lol....he considers marriage to be a joke and a lie that he just happens to sell for a living....I loved that analogy he gave...."Agar koi chuhe maarne ki dawaa bechta hai, iska matlab yeh toh nahin ki woh khud use kha le'?? LOL...but Isha's response to this was hilarious..."Main toh khaane ko tayyar hoon....agar accha chuha mil jaaye" ROFL ROFLROFL.....
Every woman seems to think he's insensitive....and somewhere that bothers him...lol....he's basically a gentleman....but a commitment-phobe....a charmer yet seems to tire of his girlfriends quite quickly...lol....especially when they get chipku...haha

Isha and Rohan know that they are so utterly different from each other....their thinking doesn't seem to match at all...their approaches towards ppl, philosophies in life are totally different....and yet there is a core of affection to their relationship....it shows when even though they are bickering...for example in the first scene in Isha's office, they still have these light smiles on their faces....as if they enjoy the bantering....Isha is exasperated with him many times but she ultimately smiles in bemusement....Their bickering is witty and cute! Kinda looks like the bickering of a married couple :P...haha....Their differences aside, they respect each other when it comes to work....they both know they are good at what they do....while Rohan's slacker attitude may bother Isha, she knows that his instincts are great and usually spot on....

I liked the little deeper layers they showed to Rohan and Isha....in Rohan's case, the way he sees ppl behave in some of the cases like that of Rohit and Neha in today's epi....these make him more cynical in his approach towards love and marriage....since he sees how materialistic and manipulative ppl seem to be....

Isha on the other hand is finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that her father could love another woman after her mother's death....even if many years have passed since....

An interesting base has been set up in this opening epi and I'm looking forward to next week's epi now :-)

Plus points....Kavi is doing a fabulous job as the urbane and charming Rohan....especially loved his acting in his scene when he's attempting to break up with his gf....LOL....and Shruti has always been an adorable actress....she's also doing a great job as the heart of this operation i.e. Isha ;-)
Gosh...anu dont even get me started on it...LOLLOLLOLI am bitten by the FANGIRL  BUG yet again...LOLLOLLOL
The guy is just A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E with the capital "A"...EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedI think his "British"accent is makin' it "work" for me...ROFL....
Shruti , well again...she has this elegant and pleasant persona' that you just cant ignore...Tongue...simply REFRESHING...i would say.

Same as you... the promo got my attention for sure...so thought of giving it a try...Wink...n' trust me when i say..."BEST DECISION"LOLLOLLOLi have eva' made in terms of " INDIAN TELEVISION SHOWS"ROFLROFLROFL...
the storyline is interesting ....has its own flow ...and the most of all its the great example of "HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT"TongueLOL...i mean ......who wouldnt js LOWWWWWWWWWWWE working in this Kinda atmosphere...Big smile....i know i would ,  where no one take other's comments/suggestions as an OFFENCE..and can take HUMOUR....Embarrassed...(Ahem...yes....rohan found it "dry" when isha called him "insensitive"initially...buh later he was OKEY with it...(Hez sucha' a kidLOL)
As you have already pointed the first scene between Ro-Isha they were sarcastically aiming at each other ,yet all in good humour...Rohan jst had me in splits when he picked up that coffee mug knowingly,that it would give isha the paranoid attack ....and said
Rohan: " tumne london mein MBA kiya haina..." 
Isha: Hmmmmm...
Rohan:Kaafi parhi likhi ho..ROFLROFL
Isha:Ab kya karein company ke ek partner ko toh parha likha hona chahiye na...ROFLROFL
Rohan: Haan haan...hum toh yahan perh (tree) ke neeche chalk and slate le kar baithte the..ROFL.

I was ON THE FLOOR by the time rohan mouthed that "chalk and slate" line to isha...ROFLmust saii "AWESTRUCK"ROFLROFLROFL
*Editted:
Also, i just LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWED the scene when afta' that girl walked out on him....by calling him "INSENSITIVE" .........this guy maintained his COOL...ROFL......afta' 2 minute ka maun vrat ... he switched on the tv and was all set to enjoy his FREE BIRD life...ROFLAWESOMENESS...ROFL

PS: I have read that kavi shastri is a "new kid" (as they put it) buh i really find it hard to believe cuz hez just TOO GOOD...great comic timing,great attitude ,and ofcourse...GREAT BRITISH FLAVOUR...Embarrassed

n' that "achar" business....LMAO....ROFLROFL

All said and done..."GREAT STUFF"Clap

Completely looking forward to next week...Embarrassed(Gosh...cant they telecast the show MON-SUNLOLLOLLOLurghhhh.....how i wish )

Cheerz!
Neha...Embarrassed

Edited by *mesweet neha* - 04 January 2010 at 9:27am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissanimrahpigbelly4myfeetincandescencetingtingteedingkavya.bAreYaar

kavya.b

IF-Stunnerz

kavya.b

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:39am | IP Logged
i'm totally in love these two ppl

i'm happy that the pisode was upto my expectations
am already a fan of them ... both individually n also as a pair

now i know that reason why i have been waiting for the YRF shows 2 start.... most of them are satisfying me

both the actors are also doing a gr8 job..

the only sad thing is that i've wait till the weekend is on

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zoya_me

you said it all...the show has started ]off really well....especially the characters are shown....rohan as the charming but insensitve guy according to the female species LOL...and isha as the sensitve and uptight girl....their bickering is so natural and normal...like how friends usually bicker....not like they hate each other and have to work with each other forcefullyas have been shown a lot on television...their relaionship with each other is so nice....they know each other very well...i liked isha's line wer she is commenting on mr. haldiram to her friend..."aise kaam toh rohan karta hain" LOL

isha's character though very uptight is a very normal character...the gal has flaws and she tries to make them right....the effort she makes to accept mr. haldirams case....

rohan is adorable....LOL...what else shud i say??...the way he sort of yells at that chkbook guy....asking him whether he wants to buy a bride was sooo sweet.....and too sensitive of him LOL....and also the fact that he is a bit bothered when people call him insensitve but still doesn't show it to the female species is so cute LOL

and i liked the scene wen isha hits him twice calling him insensitve LOL

Very well said! I also like the working relationship b/w Isha-Rohan...how they work in tandem despite all their differences...it's very cute....LOL I also liked that dialogue of Isha's ki aisa kaam toh Rohan karta hai...haha

And yeah the scene when Rohan finally gets irritated and yells at Rohit for flashing his checkbook all the time was good too....there are so many layers to him...he can be insensitive and yet quite emotional sometimes too...awww....lol

And yeah the scene when she hits him twice was so cute too! lol

tingtingteeding

Post Reply New Post

Go to top