Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

India-Forums

*Mahi's Friends for Life 4* (Page 6)

shine_bright IF-Rockerz
shine_bright
shine_bright

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
@mahi: hhaha..totallii understaind....waise can i call u mahi di..cuz ur much older than me(:
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by lola610

cools... any good classes for the spring? I've got one in screenwriting that I'm all pumped for...  Well, I'm excited for Genetics, I love problem solving, so this must be fun!  Oh wow! Screenwriting! What's your major? cool, genetics was the only science I was good at LOL I'm an econ major, stats and poli sci minor... but I LOVE writing, and this is gonna be the first writing class I take in college (AP'd out of the required ones)... so I'm all Dancing
as for genres, I'll read anything but sci-fi LOL  WOW, you're SO like me! I don't really like Sci-Fi either but I read almost everything else. Embarrassedwoohoo, I love finding stuff in common!!! nothing to combat insomnia like sci-fi! 
I like realistic social-issues fiction like jodi picoult, clare morall, hospital... for light fluffy romantic stuff, sophie kinsella (read the undomestic goddess and picture it as a bolly movie, then help me with casting Wink), nick sparks of course, and nick hornby... Yeah, I like Picoult's novels too, just superbly written and invoke thought! agreed... have you read nineteen minutes? sooo touching Cry
Sure, I'll read it and then help you with casting! Tongue Hope there's a role that fits me too WinkLOLLOL
lol can't wait, and I'm sure we'll find you a role... ho jayega, ho jayega Wink in fact, why not the lead Tongue

and another go-to genre for me is the inspiring, non-whiney memoir about some charitable deed... like greg mortenson's 3 cups of tea and tell me where it hurts (trout)...  I've 3 cups of tea as well.  Try "The Last Lecture" if you haven't, it's such an inspiring and just touching book!
I've read excerpts in readers digest and stuff and scene the youtube vid, I know I'll love it... I read the part about him proposing to his wife, its sooo sweet I can't get it out out of my head.. it's on my must list, I'll prob finish it over break, then we can discuss!!

occasionally I venture out of these genres and unexpectedly find something I love... like 2 of my fav boooks lif of pi (martel) and bonesetter's daughter (tan)... lol that just about sums up my reading history for like 2-3 yrs, not sure you wanted it but oh well LOL It's interesting to read about your reading history, Lola, because it almost matches with me LOL Well, at least what you like.
Aww thanks glad I didn't bore you LOL and soooo thrilled that our tastes match, it'll come in handy for giving and getting recommendations Wink
anything in there you read and loved? do you too sometimes picture those romantic ones as bolly movies with our favs? and any related suggestions?
  Oh many, many books I read and loved. In fantasy type fictional novels I love Harry Potter, Graceling, and Inkheart series! Superb, superb books! In non fiction as I said The Last Lecture is one of my favorites of all times! In fiction, I simply love The Kite Runner, My Sister's Keeper, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Elsewhere, Grendel, The Secret Life of Bees and some more that i can't remember right now.
gotta look into that extremely loud one since you said due preparations sounds like it... kite runner was amazingly written but too sad for me Cry check out astonishing splashes of color by clare morall, methinks you'll enjoy it too...
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 4:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

CONGRATS for opening this new CC Mahi!!!!Party

You're one of my best friends on IF, hope we'll remain so forever!Big smile

Thank you SOOOO much, Lily! Congrats to you too! You're a friend that I can always count on! Thanks a lot, Lily, for always being there!

Aww, you're welcome Mahi!Big smile Thank you so much too!
-Mystery- IF-Veteran Member
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Jenn - Of course you can call me Di! :)

Lily - You're welcome!

cool, genetics was the only science I was good at LOL I'm an econ major, stats and poli sci minor... but I LOVE writing, and this is gonna be the first writing class I take in college (AP'd out of the required ones)... so I'm all DancingAwesome! So even though our likes match in books not so much in majors LOL I love Bio.  Oh wow, I LOVE writing too and last semester I found a really cool class based on both reading and writing - two things I love to do. Good luck for that class!

woohoo, I love finding stuff in common!!! nothing to combat insomnia like sci-fi!
  ROFL You're so right about that!

agreed... have you read nineteen minutes? sooo touching Cry No, I haven't. Heard so much about it. WIll read it soon.

lol can't wait, and I'm sure we'll find you a role... ho jayega, ho jayega Wink in fact, why not the lead Tongue The lead?! Did I tell you that I love you! TongueLOLLOL

I've read excerpts in readers digest and stuff and scene the youtube vid, I know I'll love it... I read the part about him proposing to his wife, its sooo sweet I can't get it out out of my head.. it's on my must list, I'll prob finish it over break, then we can discuss!!  Of course, and I can promise you will be in tears. I loved it and I cried so much. usually for most books I'd cry on a part or two and that's it. But on this one, everything he said was so heartfelt that I cried throughout.

Aww thanks glad I didn't bore you LOL and soooo thrilled that our tastes match, it'll come in handy for giving and getting recommendations Wink Yeah, and for discussions. I love discussing the books I read.

gotta look into that extremely loud one since you said due preparations sounds like it... kite runner was amazingly written but too sad for me Cry check out astonishing splashes of color by clare morall, methinks you'll enjoy it too... Yes, that is a sad one too. It's about a young boy who lost his father in 9/11 and how he copes with it. Just so touching. Kite Runner, yes, very well written and heart breaking story but it ends with a very hopeful note. Astonishing Splashes? What is it about?
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged

Awesome! So even though our likes match in books not so much in majors LOL I love Bio.  Oh wow, I LOVE writing too and last semester I found a really cool class based on both reading and writing - two things I love to do. Good luck for that class!
aww thanks Hug lol with all the stuff we do have in common, I'll have to pm you and figure out if we're at the same school... that'd be wild Shocked
No, I haven't. Heard so much about it. WIll read it soon.
you must, then we can discuss Dancing (lol this balle balle is my fav emoticon, can you tell)
 The lead?! Did I tell you that I love you! TongueLOLLOL
hehe I wuv you too, hence the lead role... she gets such a hottie in that book, you're so lucky Tongue
Of course, and I can promise you will be in tears. I loved it and I cried so much. usually for most books I'd cry on a part or two and that's it. But on this one, everything he said was so heartfelt that I cried throughout.
aww I figured, from the youtube vid that I'd be in a puddle of tears when I read it... I'm gonna get it asap!
Yeah, and for discussions. I love discussing the books I read.
same, lets do it! you read 3 cups of tea too, lets begin there! or, did you say you read bonesetter's daughter?
Yes, that is a sad one too. It's about a young boy who lost his father in 9/11 and how he copes with it. Just so touching. Kite Runner, yes, very well written and heart breaking story but it ends with a very hopeful note. Astonishing Splashes? What is it about?
sounds great, I even wikipedia'd it... I'm sold! will check it out very soon. astonishing splashes is about this naive, not very traditional woman with a loving but very different-from-herself hubby... she comes from a dysfunctional family with some BIG secrets... she undergoes a personal tragedy, it changes her behavior, and the secrets start to get revealed... I shouldn't spoil more, you'll like it I think...

in other gupshup, was just updating my IPod, last songs I put in were from Veer and Ishqiya, both awesome! have you heard yet?
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

aww thanks Hug lol with all the stuff we do have in common, I'll have to pm you and figure out if we're at the same school... that'd be wild Shocked That would be actually SO cool!

you must, then we can discuss Dancing (lol this balle balle is my fav emoticon, can you tell) I will. I know i love this one too and this one: ROFL

hehe I wuv you too, hence the lead role... she gets such a hottie in that book, you're so lucky Tongue Oh wow,
aww I figured, from the youtube vid that I'd be in a puddle of tears when I read it... I'm gonna get it asap!
Yeah, but it also is a kind of a book that makes you cry crazily but still fills you with hope, leaves you some messages.
same, lets do it! you read 3 cups of tea too, lets begin there! or, did you say you read bonesetter's daughter?
No, I've read 3 cups of tea.

sounds great, I even wikipedia'd it... I'm sold! will check it out very soon. astonishing splashes is about this naive, not very traditional woman with a loving but very different-from-herself hubby... she comes from a dysfunctional family with some BIG secrets... she undergoes a personal tragedy, it changes her behavior, and the secrets start to get revealed... I shouldn't spoil more, you'll like it I think...  Oh wow! I'm so reading this one. My library card expired, so I need to update it and then I'll get all the books on my list.

in other gupshup, was just updating my IPod, last songs I put in were from Veer and Ishqiya, both awesome! have you heard yet? Oh cool, No I haven't heard those songs. I'm very picky about the songs I like.. I think last I had from APKGK... Tera hone lago hoon and Tu jane na. iPod reminds me, I need to get myself iPod touch... keep forgetting.
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
aww I'm really pick about music too... thats why I was surprised I liked these... before them, ajab prem... was the latest I had too. Do you like oldies (as far back as the '60s, nothing more LOL)? Have you seen chupke chupke? best movie ever!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Oh cool, Veer's the latest Salman Khan movie, right?

Hmm.. kind of I liked the songs of "Kati Patang." And some Raj Kapoor songs are my favorite like "Ek din bik jayega Mati ke mol" Such an awesome song!

Chupke Chupke? The one with Shahid and Kareena?

Go to top