Rishta.Com
Rishta.Com

India-Forums

Rishta.com- First Episode- Meet the matchmakers :) (Page 2)

Naina_1991 Senior Member
Naina_1991
Naina_1991

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
loved todays epi. i would give it 8/10 and hmm as Rin03 said it is only on american tv we can see those kind of shows. YRF shows seems to follow diffrent track than the usaual saas bahus kinda showTongue
silent_shadow IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

-Ami- IF-Stunnerz
-Ami-
-Ami-

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

I really enjoyed the first epi!  I loved how both Isha and Rohan were introduced in the beginning. Its like, they're both the opposites. =P

As for the characters, I loved Isha. I loved all her emotions that she was showing. From the fun nature side she had with Rohan, to the uncomforableness with the 60 year old, to the ending where she finds out about her father's girlfriend.

Rohan was just oh so adorable! So insensitive, yet he's just so cute!  He's definately one of those laid back, anything will happen can go on type. But then, I loved the side of him when he finds out about Rohit. Loved the anger that he portrayed when he told him to get out.

Rohan-Isha were just awesome together! I loved thier scenes they had. Especially the cafe on. He paid the bill for them!? Awwwww! that was just the sweetest ever. =D

All in all, I loved the epi. It was a really nice epi. And I loved how they ended it with showing Rohit-Neha engagement, Isha remembering her parents together, Rohan with the girl, and Isha's father with his girlfriend.
lovely_lady Goldie
lovely_lady
lovely_lady

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
I actually liked the first episode. It wasn't bad or anything, but yea I guess it could've been a bit more humorous. 7.5/ 10 is the right rating for this episode, like you said.

Anyways, I love Isha's character! ( Well mainly cause we share the same name ;] )She is so sweet and caring, yet so uptight and classy. And she was so compassionate when she heard about the fake dadda ji story. And the best thing about her is that she isnt perfect, she can be judemental. Usually most female leads are "perfect" or very "meek." But Shruti portrayed Isha really well. 

And Rohan was awesome! He was really laid back and chilled out. I loved his interactions with all the girls on the show. He can be so insensitive (LOL like most guys) but then again, he can be really sweet. I liked the fact that he was a jerk, but yet had some redeeming qualities. And Kavi is an awesome actor. One of the reasons Rohan is so adorable is the way Kavi portrays him =)

The show was really good. Like someone said, you usually see these kinds of shows on American tv. This concept is really cool, and I dunno if it has been explored before, so yea. Seems cool.

jyothi_cool IF-Sizzlerz
jyothi_cool
jyothi_cool

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
i think this shos is really cool and diff frm the others a gud breather and a gud relief frm other boring shows my verdivt

9/10
.Rinnie. IF-Rockerz
.Rinnie.
.Rinnie.

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sweet_Misery

Hmm..Just saw the epi. It was alright, I had higher expectations but oh well..*shrugs*

What I totally loved about the first epi was the Isha-Rohan pairing. The contrasting characters of the two was kind of cliched but never the less they were impressive. The actor playing Rohan is just fabulous. Shruti Seth is not too bad herself....she was a little off in some scenes.But I love the meticulous, organised and responsible Isha. The one scene I really liked was when they walked out of the cabin after getting the check from that Rohit dude and Isha keeps shouting at Rohan and slaping his arm at intervals...LOL

The whole Rohit dudes Dadaji and property story was lame. The 64 year olds story was much better. The characters of Ruchika and Huzeifa seem alright...not much to say about them for now.

And I agree on the fact that this show needs to include some more humor, it did seem to dragggg at times. Hopefully they will improve with time. :)

I agree with everything you said actually Smile

I too has VERY high expectations especially after seeing shows like Seven and Mahi Way then Powder too.

I liked the episode but I have to say found it dragging or kinda slow. Just not that much excitement in the story that makes you want excited what will happen next. It was kinda predictable at some points too but I liked the fact that they have balanced the reality and light hearted-ness of the show very well.

Yes, They are totally contrasting characters yet get along very well. Smile
Ah! Yes! I love that scene, His face was hilarious as she kept hitting him LOL LOL LOL

Ah yes, That story was lame. It didn't have that much excitement in it like I said they need to raise up the excitement meter in the stories, Make the viewers excited to watch the show to find out what will happen next.
SobtiObsession IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.Rinnie. IF-Rockerz
.Rinnie.
.Rinnie.

Posted: 05 January 2010 at 3:10am | IP Logged

@Naina_1991:

Yes, We only see such shows in american television. Here it's the same thing, I mean I'm pretty sure that soon there are going to be tacky copies of these (YRF) types of shows starting up.

@Ami:

Yes, I love Isha too but she isn't THAT open-minded which can get a lil annoying to other people sometimes but I like her character. She is a very strong and independent girl who sticks to her beliefs but on the inside she is so soft and sensitive.

Yup! I know, I just help but LOVE Rohan. It's clear that he gets very bothered and maybe even a lil hurt when people tell him that he has no clue about other people's feelings or he is insensitive. For me, It just feels like he wants to understand love and all that but like in the first episode, In the end love turns out to be materialist and selfish. Just like he had thought of it.

Yes that scene! I was thinking 'Awwwww!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed That is SO sweet of him!'. He is a charming gentleman actually but unknown about what love is like and also I would like to know why he doesn't have much clue on love? I mean it seems he doesn't any type of love correctly, Parental or brotherly/sisterly or friendly or any of those love.

Ah the ending, The ending was beautiful. Like you said, I loved the way they showed the two main characters in different places and what happening with them at the same time.

@lovely_lady:

Ah, I agree they could have put more humor in it and also maybe made the episode pace a lil more quicker. It;s just that many viewers get bored easily if nothing exciting or funny happens.

Yes! I know that's what I love about her, She isn't perfect, She has her flaws! She is independent, Beautiful, Classy, Sensitive, Kind and sweet but on the other side, She has her flaws which is that she is uptight and all the other flaws she has which makes her more likable because she isn't one of those PERFECT heroine's who has all the good traits in her and no bad ones.
Yup! Shruthi portrays Isha VERY well, I think the YRF guys have picked out perfect actors for all their shows. Big smile

Rohan is ADORABLE! You can't hate the guy because at moment he will insensitive but at the next he is such a sweet gentlemen. But I felt he has typical guy traits expect he is a charming (Not to mention HANDSOME) gentleman. LOLLOLLOL
Ah Kavi is a really good actor, he needs to get a lil more better but still he is very good at how he is portraying Rohan but still does need to get better.

Yup! I have seen such unique ideas only on American movies or tv shows but never on indian television.

@jyothi_cool:

Yes, I agree definitely a good breather from the usual saas-bahu shows and tacky college romance shows on Star One.
Dead

Edited by Rin03 - 05 January 2010 at 3:11am

Go to top