Book Talk

Love Story By Erich Segal

spiritcrimson thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Everyone. I'm new to this Forum. Actually, I LOVE reading books. It's been one of my hobbies.

So Like recently, I caught up with Love Story By Erich Segal.

That book was wonderful. I loved how he managed to describe everything so perfectly. Right from Olliver's imperfections, to Jennifer, her perfections & imperfections, and their not-so-perfect Love Story, everything was described very beautifully. I loved the way he managed to portray all the different emotions in such a subtle manner. And I've become an absolute fan of Olliver-Jenny.

The ending had me in tears. When Olliver breaks down in his father's arms, the one man he detested from the core of his heart. It was a very touching book indeed.

How many of you guys have read it? I would love to know your views on it as well :)

Love
Rachna

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awww..I have read it 2 times but couldn't complete it each time...But Yes, I have loved the story and oliver-jen relationship! It was very pure.

IT has a sequel too, did you know? It's called Oliver's story.  it's the afterstory about Jen's death! :)

Take care

Ananya
spiritcrimson thumbnail
@Ananya- Tell me about it! I started reading it 4 times, but never completed it! But one fine day, when I got so bored, I decided I'll read it, and I actually finished reading it in like 2 hours straight!

OMG, it has a sequel?? thanks for letting me know! Let me see if I can get my hands on its sequel!
ammygurl thumbnail
Yes, You sure can! I just saw it today...MOm wouldn't let me buy it...Because I got Message in a bottle by nicholas sparks...:) * grin sheepishly*

Ananya
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Rach!

I have not read the book because I rarely ever read love stories.... one of the genres I don't quite like.

But it seems like an interesting book... who knows one of these days I'll be so bored that I'll read it too?!
spiritcrimson thumbnail
@MAhi- You should. It's an absolutely amazing book. I never really liked Love Stories either, but this book changed my mind :)
ammygurl thumbnail
hahahhahahhahaha!!!! :D
It's awesome
HPCRAZY thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Absolutely awesome book! Has enough of everything ;Love,hatred,sadness & humour.. & I adore both Oliver & Jenny..especially Jenny! She was wonderful! & ofcourse ..my favorite line from the book "Love means not ever having to say you are Sorry"  If I could, this is one book I'd gift to a friend who's going to get married or give as a gift on a wedding Anniversary😛
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
aaaaww thats one book i adore and ananya thanks for telling that it has a sequel.. i gotta get my hands on it asap... the only problem is i have bought so many books i am yet to fnish and i gotta finish those before i but else mum will freak out LOL

missmhow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

yes its a wonderful book...it is interesting to read right fm the first sentence...olibver's story is gud enuf..but love story is unforgettble