Pavitra Rishta

Manav and Archu needs to get their backbones!!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cool_mom2

cool_mom2

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
I think Manav needs to get a backbone. He is always letting others and the circumstances dictate the major decisions of his life. Right from the very begining either his dad or his kaka is making the move towards the truth. When Archana left him(talking about her will open a whole new can of worms) what did he do to prove his innocence?All he tried to do was talk to Archana and convince her. Talking to Archana does not count 'cause she is always doing what other people tell her to. He should have done what baba did later to get the sabuth towards his innocence. Here also he is letting someone else dictate the direction of his life. He is not divorced yet. The final decisions are not out. How can he agree to ai's and girishji's proposal to marry shravani. That marriage will not be legal without a divorce. Archu on the other hand never thought for herself. She lived with Manv for at least a month before moving out. She should have decided differently having known that man for some time.

I don't know, I just feel that the creatives could have done a little better in portraying their charecters a little stronger. Reading about the south Indian version of the story I feel that those charecters hada little strngth in them. But I love the soft romantic Arman scenes and am looking forward to those in the coming weeks. I liked the mandir scenes today.
I like MAnav and Archana a lot that's the reason am still watching this serial, I just think that the creatives could have made it better by putting some strength in the charecters.Wink 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manav and Archu needs to get their backbones!!!" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nikitagmc

IF-Sizzlerz

nikitagmc

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
I agree with you on some counts.. Manav does have a backbone (he refused to get divorced despite his aai threatening that she wud leave the house, he tried to convince archu multiple times and he defended her in front of his aai till the complaint) but unfortunately circumstances put him in such sticky spots that he ultimately loses hope.. like the entire divorce scenario: he had sworn that he wud die before signing the divorce papers... but ultimately archana's unresponsive behavior and situations made it look as if she wanted to 'move on with life' by marrying Satish, so he was heartbroken and signed the divorce papers... and so stopped looking for evidence as well cos he lost hope of archu returning.
Where the marriage with Shravani is concerned, he is almost divorced.. and so the marriage wud be legal if done after the final divorce date.

I dont exactly agree that he takes decisions according to others... ever since archu left.. he has taken all decisions on his own... but I do agree that all his decisions are made keeping in mind the feelings and betterment of others...there is a slight difference in both the things.. he will do what he thinks is right.. he will not be led by them...but often chooses others happiness over his own... he signs the divorce papers not cos his aai and family tell him to, but cos he wants archu to be happy... he agrees to marry shravani not cos aai and girishji tell him to or cos he is divorced, but bcos he thinks that someone has to take the responsibility and as always he is ready to be the bali ka bakra for the sake of his family, sachin's baby and shravani ... in all this he ends up hurting himself the most...

This i feel is a serious flaw which will ultimately prove costly to him in days to come, especially when he has to chose responsibility over love... in the past also Manav did this all the time... especially in the necklace case... he tried to keep sulochana and archana happy by buying the necklace in place of them.. he tried to keep savita happy by gifting her the necklace... but in the end who suffered- Manav himself- cos he has to work overtime to pay off the loan. He needs to understand that it is impossible to keep the whole world happy at the same time.

Where Archana is concerned... then yeah... having led a very sheltered life and used to being led by her mother.. it was a bit difficult for her to speak up immediately that too in favour of a person she had known for only 1 month and go against her family for his sake.. but her love for him ultimately gave her strength and she has become quite assertive now.

God.. my posts really end up being long... to sum up.. Archana has started getting a backbone... Manav had it long back.. but he is far too emotional thinking of others all the time and so does not assert his wishes or happiness and so ends up hurting himself.

Edited by nikitagmc - 30 December 2009 at 4:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

minottiGHT_ArMantoothbrush13

toothbrush13

IF-Dazzler

toothbrush13

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 5:14pm | IP Logged

Nikita its good that you put so much, the rest of us don't have to type as much.  LOL 

Anyways, I think Manav does have a backbone and he does make his own decisions, but he rarely thinks of himself when taking decisions and that's where the problem comes in.  This current track is a good example of that, he's thinking of Sachin, Shravani, Girishji, and most of all Sachin-Shravani's child.  He doesn't really want to marry Shravani, but he does want to create a safe future for Sachin's child.  The real test of his backbone though will come in when he has to choose between his responsibility and his love.  Will he be able to stand up for himself and Archana is the question.

Archana is slowly becoming stronger.  She used to just do whatever her family told her.  But she came to a turning point when she refused to marry Satish infront of everyone, including her mother, and proclaimed that Manav is the only man in her life.

Archana was able to use her love as her strength to defend herself, and soon Manav's time will come too where hopefully he will be able to do similarly.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GHT_ArMannikitagmc

nikitagmc

IF-Sizzlerz

nikitagmc

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
@toothbrush13 : good to know that you people actually go through my LONG posts.. half of the times I think that no one wud read cos its so long...

By the way.. is 13 ur lucky no?? i always think of this thing when I see ur name... cos 13 is MY lucky no. too.

toothbrush13

IF-Dazzler

toothbrush13

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
@Nikita:

I don't know if others do, but I certainly read your posts!  They're so good and a majority of the time you write exactly what I was thinking, so I definitely read them... in fact I look out for them!

Yes, 13 is my lucky number as well!  Although I just put it in my username because its my birthdate (13th March), but I consider it to be my lucky number too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitagmc

Post Reply New Post

Go to top