is anyone brahmin or kayastha over here?

Posted: 14 years ago
hi
first of all this topic is not for any kind of segregation...... so please dont take it in a negetive way..
I was just curious if there are people who are Brahmin or kayastha in here as in the show.....
actually i myself am a kayastha and i m a girl and I have lived for 6 years in lucknow!!
unfortunately i moved to canada about 3 years ago and i really miss lucknow.....
i totally luv this show because they have actually showed the true essence of lucknow....
specially the way they talk like they use "hum" instead of "main" or "tum" instead of "tu"....
I just luv that aspect because honestly thats how ppl talk in lucknow and even in kanpur!!! (I also talk like this at home outside its a bit different because here if i talk like that they think that I see myself as a superior specially my frnds,  they just dunt seem to understand thats my way of talkin :(  nyways ) and I was actually born in kanpur lol so i share a lot of common things with this show!!! :)

nyways the main reason for this topic was that what do u guyz think about the concept of he show as in brahmin ka ladka and kayastha ki ladki......... do u think that such things exist on a large scale or now people have just come over the caste barrier........

i personally dunt think that belonging to a brahmin family and marryin in a kayastha family is such a big issue now a days...... i mean its not like they are from different ends of the world rite????

so please lemme kno what u guyz think.........

btw i m new to this forum and i luv gaurav khanna and i m likin this show a lot specially because they are showing eveythin in a very sweet manner and the ganeshganj mohallah set is very realistic man like the chai ki dukaan and the gali ka cricket and everything.....

luv
-iksha
Hi

As far as i knw these things exist even today and not just in small town but even in big cities. And i think one of the famous case was the nitish katara case. There was another case where a hindu girl married a muslim boy and the girls family got him killed. Though this is interreligious marraige but it is a type of discrimination. And the sad thing is pple just shut their eyes and think everything is changing but reality is very different.

Honor killing still takes place. Especially, if the boy belongs to a low caste. And casteism isnt shown only in marraiges but also in education, employment, etc. People who recruit employees delibrately select employees from their caste. And i dont think it is higher caste being mean to lower caste or vice versa. Whoever has power misuses and abuses it.

And i also knw that in some cases family try show they have accepted intercaste marriage where in reality they dont.

As far as the show is concerned, i also luv the ambience as i m frm UP though dont live in India. Even at home we say hum for main. So it is nice to see it on tv.
cast-ism does exist in a larger scale here....
its unfortunate that though we propagate
secularism to the world...its rarely followed
back home..thats what tv/newspapers prove

anyways ...all we can hope and do is
not follow into it ..may be that will
someday change the scenario...
and generations after us will need
a dictionary to actually find the
meaning to such terms which
separate us into caste/groups/religion/region

guys i am a brahmin (mishra)
my mom and dad are from kanpur and we live in delhi
my boy frnd is a kayasth (saxena)
Hahaha prachi..panchi...
story reversed! hahaha...thts soo cute! would love to hear your story someday! :)
And as about me, i am punjabi, for that matter! :)
i belong to a small city in MP india and i am a brahmin by birth
i dont believe in caste system but if you talk about conditions in india
i have some points to say on your question

these things really exist every where in india
maybe guys who moved out from india or living in metros
think that caste barriers are off now
thats not true
it is a fact that every indian parents want to
marry there son or daughter  in same caste

if children choose any one out side from the cast they have to face
resistance from family    the type of  resistance may be different
depending on family background and social conditions
it could become Violante also
we often read in news that couples are killed in rural areas because
of inter cast marriage 
it is not  that hard all the time but couples have to face some problem like
isolation from family , threatning  ,fake police complaints, losing share in family property and so many more
they are showing very little problem in the serial but in real world it is
very serious matter

the reason behind this are commonly
self pride related to caste ,food habits(veg-nonveg) , social pressure ,dowry ,badmouthing by relatives and many other ....

things are changing but not completely     in any area of country you will find both kind of people  liberal or conservative

Edited by AbhishekChaurey - 14 years ago
well stated abhishek....

i hail from jaipur...i'm a rajput....my mom is bengali
and we have a joint family ...my one chachi is punjabi
and another is marathi......
so these stuff seem alien to me but i know and seen them
exist around us

Well I m a brahmin girl from mumbai and here such problems don't really exist..but I hv seen my parents were quite possessive about my marriage and they had this opinion that marriage should happen in same caste..they selected a typical brahman boy for me and made sure I marry that guy only😆

so from my experince I can say these things exist even today..especially brahmins r not too comfortable giving their girl or boy's marriage to somene in the other caste..it might b their high-handedness or ego ..whatever...but they hv this feeling that they r always the superior ones😆..especially the older generation r more into it..

so I completely agree to the viewpoints of Vajpayee family..its the natural way any brahmin family behaves..unforunate but true😆.

don't hv much idea about a Kayasth family ..so won't comment on it😳

Now my personal view is that if two people r in love with each other and believe they can live happily ever after..then this caste should not b much of a problem between them😊..I hope this show is giving us a similar message😳
i am mathur...out an out kayastha...unfortunately not with very sharp features...lolz...i just loved the way dadi said yeh kayasthon ki teekhe nain naksha ki ladkiyaan...wow..it felt good...😉 Edited by chullbulli - 14 years ago
hey lkd ur topic....👍🏼.......m nt either of dem...m maharashtrain mumbaite....thou in metro cities it exist 2 sum extent bt in d other parts of d country its stil prevalent...1 of my frnd frm pune is a saraswat brahmin  n is facin loads of difficulty in convincin her parents 2 get her married 2 her bf who belongs 2 obc( other bkwrd classes)