Rishta.Com

Shruthi Seth talks Rishta.com and her film

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 14 years ago
Shruthi Seth talks Rishta.com and her film

Shruti Seth is back on TV by playing lead character of Isha Mirchandani, a matchmaker in Yash Raj Films' TV show called Rishta.com.

Shruti Seth is back on TV by playing lead character of Isha Mirchandani, a matchmaker in Yash Raj Films' TV show called Rishta.com.

We spoke to Shruti Seth, "It's a refreshing trend for everyone so I was back after a huge gap and the show has a universal theme. The show is shot on the red camera, which gives us a feel of film, so it is quite different from other TV shows and I am sure the audience will love this new trend."

The beauty of our country is that we believe in the institution of marriage so what better is to take up the common thing that the country believes in and there is no rona dhona which is the good thing about the show and overall it's good and a sweet spin on marriage."

Ok,so do  you  believe in the institution of marriage? "Yes, I am Indian and I do believe no matter whether it's arranged or love"…and she further said jokingly that " this shoot is taking me so long to get married."

Working equation with herr brother Rishabh Seth, who is the writer and director of the show she added, "I would say that I was nightmare for him as I have taken undue advantage of being an elder sister but I can say in an honest way that he is one of the most talented writer and director and I remember he just wrote this show on a small sheet of paper and showed it to Raveena Kohli from Yashraj and with this everyone knows the result that we have shot 26 hours of his total hardwork and am sure this show will be liked by every man,woman,child,elder in the country and I am proud of him."

Tell us about Rishta.com

"It is a story about two partners Rohan Mehra and Isha Mirchandani who do their best to find the right match for the right people and its just about two people's job and their daily routine, life should be a light –hearted comedy that is everyone's wish."

What is next after Rishta.com?

"My next project is Prakash Jha's Rajneeti  and in that film I am a complete opposite from this character, everyone will surprised when they see me in this role in Rajneeti and I am sure even in this show my character will be loved and I will talk later on because this is not the right time to talk about it."

So watch out for this matchmaking show on Jan 3rd, 2010, Sony TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Shruthi-Seth-on-Rishtacom&xfile=2009/December/News_20091228_134

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article! :D:D

aahhh....i just thought the whole promo "television will go red" just meant that the main colours of yashraj are red.
but there's another reason, and that's the whole thing about using the red camera.
interesting.

ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Hey thanks for the article...

The show looks really interesting and I can't wait to watch it tomorrow....
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah when I first saw this show,  I asked my Mom is this part of a movie, then I realized it's a show. The camera really does make it seem more like a movie than a regular show on televison. I like the concept because it's different and I just love Shruti's clothes in the show along with the  on  screen chemistry with all the characters, it seems like  I am observing them in reality  working together  with them taking jabs at each other and hanging out at coffee shops.
Thanks for the article!

She is really amazing actress!
I loved her role in Fanaa as well
She was so cute there!

Wow she is coming in Rajneeti
Gotta watch that one!

x x