Discussion of the Week: Lets discuss Moods!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello Hello my fellow writers,

So, we (your hardworking WC devt. team πŸ˜†) discussed and came to the conclusion that we haven't had any discussions in a whileπŸ˜’. So we figured this is a situation that needs remedying right away, and came up with a topic to discuss!!! πŸ˜ƒ

The topic this time around is moods!
Does your mood affect your writing? Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?
If yes, does your mood effect your fictional or non-fictional writing more?

These are just a couple of questions guys! But we can talk about anything about moods in relation to writing in this topic! πŸ˜ƒ

~ WC Devt Team
Edited by luvya4ever - 14 years ago
My mood does effect my writing A LOT.

That's a fact, and I think it's true for any writer. No matter how hard I try and I can't forget what's on my mind right now and some of it unconsciously spills into my writing.

What I try to do is never continue writing a story or other creative piece when I'm not in good spirits because I know almost certainly it will affect the story perhaps not the way I would want if I was normal.

So when I'm mad or uncontrollably sad, I write in my diary. That way it seems like all of my extreme emotions flow through my hand on the paper I'm writing or on the document I'm typing.

-Mahi
Mood affects me a lot too!!!
I must be very happy and I write a happy story.
If I'm sad I wrote a touchy, emotional story with a beautiful ending.

Btw great topic!
Yes, definetly. If we are in good moodπŸ˜‰, we will write what we want, and think it as the readers would also like it. But if we are in bad mood🀒🀒🀒, or angry πŸ˜‘😑😑 for some reason then we will get frustrated by writing, which is normally favourite work for us. And may be we will write without thinking a little.
Does your mood affect your writing?
Yeah it totally does!
 Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?
yeah because if i'm not in a good mood, i really dont think about what i'm writing, i just spill.
yeah it always does, and that way my stories are'nt always of the same type.
I agree with Mahi Di. My mood does affect my writing tremendously, so if I'm writing a long story, which is lighthearted in theme, but my mood has been off, I usually leave it be until my mood is better so that my writing does not go off point, or be not up to par to my own standards. Sometimes, I write on my livejournal to express myself, or I write a oneshot with an undertone of the mood I am feeling. :)

Love,
Radz

Does your mood affect your writing?

Yes, it does. If i randomly get bummed put id stop writing in the middle & sometimes if i feel extra happy id write or if im sad ill stop or ill stay on writers block for weeks.

Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?

Yes, it'll mostly relate to what im feeling

Nope.
I think I'm going to paraphrase and alter meaning Gunia - my writing affects my mood - alot!

It seems to linger on through my actions and thoughts - whatever I'm writing... on days of crap moods my close ones conclude I'm writing nasty stuff πŸ˜†. Its a strange counter effect, but the characters and their moods seem to affect me as much, even more than real life scenarios... its like being transposed to their world - and living in my own!

nice topic, dear hard working DT! πŸ˜ƒ

(S.L.)
Hmmm, i dont know if it is one way. There are times when i start out to righ something and it turns into something einteriley different. Like a few weeks ago i had this idea of a really sad peice and even though i was in a happy mood i sat down to write, and after i finished i was all upset and cranky.
There are other times when I write accordint o my mood. If im happy i mostly end up writing romantic stories, and if im in an okay'ish mood, i end up writing a romantic story with a sad ending.. which i eventually change. Hopeless romantic. LOL
Posted: 13 years ago
The topic this time around is moods!
Does your mood affect your writing? Yes it affects my writing alot when something is on my mind i cant get over it until i let it out!Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?Yes if i have something on my mind it will come out on my stories or writing!