Writers Corner

Discussion of the Week: Lets discuss Moods!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Hello Hello my fellow writers,

So, we (your hardworking WC devt. team LOL) discussed and came to the conclusion that we haven't had any discussions in a whileDisapprove. So we figured this is a situation that needs remedying right away, and came up with a topic to discuss!!! Big smile

The topic this time around is moods!
Does your mood affect your writing? Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?
If yes, does your mood effect your fictional or non-fictional writing more?

These are just a couple of questions guys! But we can talk about anything about moods in relation to writing in this topic! Big smile

~ WC Devt Team

Edited by luvya4ever - 29 December 2009 at 8:13pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

scarlett.ladyAnhdara13-Mystery-Perfangel5655U-No-Poo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion of the Week: Lets discuss Moods!" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
My mood does effect my writing A LOT.

That's a fact, and I think it's true for any writer. No matter how hard I try and I can't forget what's on my mind right now and some of it unconsciously spills into my writing.

What I try to do is never continue writing a story or other creative piece when I'm not in good spirits because I know almost certainly it will affect the story perhaps not the way I would want if I was normal.

So when I'm mad or uncontrollably sad, I write in my diary. That way it seems like all of my extreme emotions flow through my hand on the paper I'm writing or on the document I'm typing.

-Mahi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Shreyu..Anhdara13Rafa.LunaPotter

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 11 January 2010 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Mood affects me a lot too!!!
I must be very happy and I write a happy story.
If I'm sad I wrote a touchy, emotional story with a beautiful ending.

Btw great topic!

..Shreyu..

IF-Dazzler

..Shreyu..

Posted: 16 January 2010 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Yes, definetly. If we are in good moodWink, we will write what we want, and think it as the readers would also like it. But if we are in bad moodDeadDeadDead, or angry AngryAngryAngry for some reason then we will get frustrated by writing, which is normally favourite work for us. And may be we will write without thinking a little.

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 12 February 2010 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Does your mood affect your writing?
Yeah it totally does!
 Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?
yeah because if i'm not in a good mood, i really dont think about what i'm writing, i just spill.
yeah it always does, and that way my stories are'nt always of the same type.

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 February 2010 at 2:38am | IP Logged
I agree with Mahi Di. My mood does affect my writing tremendously, so if I'm writing a long story, which is lighthearted in theme, but my mood has been off, I usually leave it be until my mood is better so that my writing does not go off point, or be not up to par to my own standards. Sometimes, I write on my livejournal to express myself, or I write a oneshot with an undertone of the mood I am feeling. :)

Love,
Radz

-LilyGurl-

IF-Rockerz

-LilyGurl-

Posted: 13 February 2010 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Does your mood affect your writing?

Yes, it does. If i randomly get bummed put id stop writing in the middle & sometimes if i feel extra happy id write or if im sad ill stop or ill stay on writers block for weeks. Ouch

Do your stories take a different tone or route depending on what kind of day you have been having/mood you are in?

Yes, it'll mostly relate to what im feeling

Nope.

scarlett.lady

Groupbie

scarlett.lady

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
I think I'm going to paraphrase and alter meaning Gunia - my writing affects my mood - alot!

It seems to linger on through my actions and thoughts - whatever I'm writing... on days of crap moods my close ones conclude I'm writing nasty stuff LOL. Its a strange counter effect, but the characters and their moods seem to affect me as much, even more than real life scenarios... its like being transposed to their world - and living in my own!

nice topic, dear hard working DT! Big smile

(S.L.)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top