Debate Mansion

Cheating is healthy for married couples (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 28

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -CaughtYou-

Originally posted by gengarjetty2

yup, marriage is hard work, and is a clap, which need two hands :D

I don't mean any offense, but what exactly do you mean by 'hard work'LOL
Institution of marriage is 24x7 Job(Mentaly and Physicaly)....!Thats why people sign the contract before marriage!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Cheating is healthy for married couples (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-CaughtYou-

IF-Rockerz

-CaughtYou-

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Institution of marriage is 24x7 Job(Mentaly and Physicaly)....!Thats why people sign the contract before marriage!

Thanks Vinu, That explains itLOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:26am | IP Logged

LOLok... I thought you also blame, cos my friends always blame, my explanation always wired...LOL

-CaughtYou-

IF-Rockerz

-CaughtYou-

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:28am | IP Logged

LOL alignabsMiddleok... I thought you also blame, cos my friends always blame, my explanation always wired...LOL alignabsMiddle
I find no reason to do so, I'm happily married LOL

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Yeah, I guess that's what is implied. I like to complicate matters as you know it.

As I said, to me cheating (both kinds) after marriage is wrong. Better end than cheat, according to me. I don't get people who want open marriages. Anyway, miya biwi ke beech, main kaun bolne waali. I'll worry about my relationships only.

How to realise when one is cheating when that person is emotionally involved with someone and has not gotten sexually involved? Indeed that proves that that person is actually loyal- he feels loved with another person yet has resisted the temptation ,to give due respect to marriage.

Actually, that brings another question to my mind- does marriage mean not involving with another person only sexually?

I think you can resist physical temptations, but how do you resist emotional ones? If you feel attached to someone else emotionally, but still continue your marriage with your partner, simply out of respect and loyalty, you are still only pretending that the love is there, when obviously it isn't. What is the point of that kind of marriage, then? Its unfair to both people.

Absolutely not - marriage, or rather commitment, means being involved with only one person physically and emotionally.

Things are not black and white Ajnu, real life is more complex. I have known a couple from Russia who were involved with each other and the girl got pregnant at the age of 18, they decided to marry immediately, guy had no job. Anyway the girl (bride) died due to childbirth complications shortly after the wedding, and this guy had nobody except a 3 months old to care for. He managed to raise him by himself for over an year and then got married to someone who was in love with him. Now he had love feelings for his ex when he got married but he made every effort to make his marriage work and now they are very happily married, very very good friends of ours. He said he will always have a soft-spot for the ex but its in that part of his heart which he rarely goes to. His wife is his present and he loves her loads. His wife was smiling when he was sharing his story:)

Personally if I trade spots, I would not mind if my husband had been in a relationship before we got married and if he even has strong feelings when we got married as long as I love him. I would call it a grace period where one should make every effort to make the relationship work. Now even after a few years he doesn't care for me, and puts my needs over his needs then he needs to release me. But on a serious note, I am a lucky person to have him, hope he feels the same.

Edited by gumsum - 30 December 2009 at 4:01pm

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 3:56pm | IP Logged

Also if a partner is not helping the cause but going against it i.e. becoming emotionally and physically involved with someone else then the marriage should end. The other halves should be allowed to explore their options.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gumsum

I think you can resist physical temptations, but how do you resist emotional ones? If you feel attached to someone else emotionally, but still continue your marriage with your partner, simply out of respect and loyalty, you are still only pretending that the love is there, when obviously it isn't. What is the point of that kind of marriage, then? Its unfair to both people.

Absolutely not - marriage, or rather commitment, means being involved with only one person physically and emotionally.

Things are not black and white Ajnu, real life is more complex. I have known a couple from Russia who were involved with each other and the girl got pregnant at the age of 18, they decided to marry immediately, guy had no job. Anyway the girl (bride) died due to childbirth complications shortly after the wedding, and this guy had nobody except a 3 months old to care for. He managed to raise him by himself for over an year and then got married to someone who was in love with him. Now he had love feelings for his ex when he got married but he made every effort to make his marriage work and now they are very happily married, very very good friends of ours. He said he will always have a soft-spot for the ex but its in that part of his heart which he rarely goes to. His wife is his present and he loves her loads. His wife was smiling when he was sharing his story:)

Personally if I trade spots, I would not mind if my husband had been in a relationship before we got married and if he even has strong feelings when we got married as long as I love him. I would call it a grace period where one should make every effort to make the relationship work. Now even after a few years he doesn't care for me, and puts my needs over his needs then he needs to release me. But on a serious note, I am a lucky person to have him, hope he feels the same.

Yeah, I agree, Gunjan, nothing is black or white. However, the case you're referring to here is irrelevant to this discussion. The infidelity that we're discussing here is one partner cheating on the other partner without their consent. Your friends' story, however sweet, deals with what happens when one partner loses another partner. Obviously its hard for people to move on after having loved someone and then losing them to death. There are many examples of people who spend the rest of their life with the memory of the past, and there are several others who move on in relationships with other people, but of course that does not mean that they seize to love their previous partner.

We're not discussing previous relationships here, more than half the people don't care if their partner was in a relationship before marriage, that's besides the point. People change and move on. However, I sure can guarantee that you will have a problem if your partner decides to have a relationship behind your back now that you're married. That's infidelity.

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:54pm | IP Logged

Yeah, I agree, Gunjan, nothing is black or white. However, the case you're referring to here is irrelevant to this discussion. The infidelity that we're discussing here is one partner cheating on the other partner without their consent. Your friends' story, however sweet, deals with what happens when one partner loses another partner. Obviously its hard for people to move on after having loved someone and then losing them to death. There are many examples of people who spend the rest of their life with the memory of the past, and there are several others who move on in relationships with other people, but of course that does not mean that they seize to love their previous partner.

We're not discussing previous relationships here, more than half the people don't care if their partner was in a relationship before marriage, that's besides the point. People change and move on. However, I sure can guarantee that you will have a problem if your partner decides to have a relationship behind your back now that you're married. That's infidelity.

How do you define that relationship, what kind and what extent?
I thought that we were talking about sexual infidelity but now that we are into the emotional territory then it is all gray and fuzzy and we should just leave it ones own consious rather than making judgements, but thats just me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top