Cheating is healthy for married couples - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago

Okies- i'll end it here.

Thanks rth ji and wa ji for sharing your views.

Originally posted by clodpolish

Okies- i'll end it here.

You ask some very thought provoking questions Cloddy. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think there really is no easy answer. You just live life, learn and hope to make the right choices. I think thats the best we can do as humans.
Originally posted by clodpolish

Okies- i'll end it here.

I agree with Sarina, you raised several interesting points. I am still pondering if emotional attachment is romantic or not. ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the discussion, its been a while! Haha. ;)
phew..not a bad response n having brushed thru various replies, I desire to say;

- Angie lost her mind (as someone said)- yes, she did when she first slept with Brad when he was married to someone else. Brad too lost his mind then...so does everyone who indulges in infidelity coz its that 'chemical locha' of the 'bheja' which makes one indulge in it.

- someone talked of Angie's rants when she found out of Brad's giving massage to Nanny. Probably that was the initial reaction!...she correcected herself later, when better sense prevailed.

- Infidelity is 'all about Jism' - really?? I think its the final step taken by a man or a woman(out of marriage) when he/she gets to know the other person, takes a step further in getting involved and the final logical step by getting physical.

- someone said to end a marriage than cheat - is it that easy?? For those married, will know. Those who think its so easy to end a marriage, get married to know.

- remark on get brain checked(those who say or indulge in infidelity) - is same as Angie losing her brain. Infidelity is not an easy step one takes. It is culmination of a long process of missing out on something errupting in the 'chemical locha in brain'.

- fantasize in bed rather than getting emotionally attached - if one comes to think of literal sense of cheating, then both amount to tantalism. Getting physical is giving a shape to tantalism.

- character flaws for those who advocate/indulge in infidelity - the discussion here was acceptance of infidelity by married partners. When Angie said this, she must have weighed all the pros n cons of acceptance of infidelity.

- Infidelity is a crime - with the average age of teens indulging in relationships/sexual relationships reducing by the year, it augurs a startling telltale of what is in store ahead. Infidelity is common amongst Indians. Its just that out of heavy burden of social pressures, culture, religious pressures, one fails to accpet it openly.

Infidelity is defined as "marital disloyalty and breach of trust ". To this extent and recollecting what Angie said, if both partners are open to eachothers relationship outside of marriage, where is the mistrust, adultery. There was time when divorce was uncommon in India as compared to West but now we have it as an accepted norm in India.
Infidelity is an end result of a long process of adjustments, acceptances, compromises out of an existing marriage. No body would want to indulge in infidelity just for the heck of it, unless of course, one seeks sex by paying.
Hester Prynne was a young woman married to much older man, who sent her away to Boston( if I am not mistaken) to finish his affairs. I dont need to say any more on this..its self-explanatory.

Do not forget, behind every infidel Man, there is always a(nother) woman ...and vice-versa!!

True, the thought process of Indians are still orthodox...but as it changed towards divorce, it will/may change towards infidelity, in times to come. We already see it in serials, movies and is comparitively more open in metros than in towns.

Infidelity comes from Infidel and please look up the meaning of 'Infidel' in dictionary.
Does it mean that a person who has indulged in infidelity cannot follow any religion?? Does he become an 'untouchable again'??

An after-thot : I seem to have added enof fuel to fire ;)

Edited by baddie - 14 years ago
First of, are Brad-Angelina even married? (I usually dont keep up with such sort of news/gossip...and neither did the google search helped me much....anyone wanna clear my doubt here?)
Personally, I don't give a darn to whatever these "celebs" say or proclaim cause most of it is rubbish anyways...lets not go there, though.

Also, it wouldn't be technically called "cheating" if both the partners have agreed mutually to it.

IMO, Cheating is a big NO.
As some mentioned here that why even get married if you were to cheat. However, it does happen after marriage too, in some cases. I'm absolutely not hinting at having multiple "relationships" after marriage because that's just ridiculous and the "cheater" should be kicked for it.
But if a person gets inevitably 'involved' with someone else after marriage, then its a whole different thing...
Things can be worked out in many ways. Calling it quits shouldn't be the first option...the husband/wife can try to give more time to their marriage, think about what was lacking in their own marriage that such a situation occured. However, I'm sorta generalizing here....in some special cases, it may be the best option.

Originally posted by ania_91

First of, are Brad-Angelina even married?
If the news splash of their Divorce was announced, it implies that they were married. When and where, is a mystery, of course.
Celebs do set a trend and each statement they make is assessed, evaluated and digested by the masses. 
Also, it wouldn't be technically called "cheating" if both the partners have agreed mutually to it.
Agreed 

IMO, Cheating is a big NO. (everyone thinks so and wants it..even the infidels but its easier said than done, when the time comes)
As some mentioned here that why even get married if you were to cheat. However, it does happen after marriage too, in some cases(in many cases). I'm absolutely not hinting at having multiple "relationships" after marriage because that's just ridiculous and the "cheater" should be kicked for it. ( I do not agree here that they must be kicked. It is not easy to proclaim to your wife or husband that you have a relationship outside of marriage but what is more important to be able to accept it when found out)
But if a person gets inevitably 'involved' with someone else after marriage, then its a whole different thing...
Things can be worked out in many ways. Calling it quits shouldn't be the first option( the last option)...

the husband/wife can try to give more time to their marriage, think about what was lacking in their own marriage that such a situation occured. However, I'm sorta generalizing here....in some special cases, it may be the best option. (agree here  with you in totality).

While a wife whould still try finding the reasons and reson it out with her infidel husband, it is more important and time now for husbands to be that considerate and open in accpeting a wife who has gone out of marriage and indulged in infidelity. Accept her and find out the reasons!!! Do not take your wife for granted that she will accept anything from you as the years pass by after marriage. Be the same lover-husband which she had seen when she said that important YES!!

"Wise married women don't trouble themselves about infidelity in their husbands"...by Samoual Johnson๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by Believe

"Wise married women don't trouble themselves about infidelity in their husbands"...by Samoual Johnson๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
good one!...but I thought women believe more then men in "Tit for Tat" ๐Ÿ˜‰
tempts me to put this down

Those who are faithless know the pleasures of love; it is the faithful who know love's tragedies. -- Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by baddie

good one!...but I thought women believe more then men in "Tit for Tat" ๐Ÿ˜‰tempts me to put this down --The only difference is women can hide and seek these things easly.....๐Ÿ˜Š

Those who are faithless know the pleasures of love; it is the faithful who know love's tragedies. -- Oscar Wilde

Many people have just been deceived by their beliefs about many beautiful things...๐Ÿ˜Š.

No matter what you guyz say... no matter how much you guyz feel tired...PHYSICAL NEEDS is a topic you will always find yourself into. Whether in a particular thread...or all over!