Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

Gaurav as Abeer:Pass or Fail ?? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapbubble

Oh pass, definitely pass but I think he could do better.

First epi, first appearance so maybe he was a bit hyper - his acting seemed a bit over the top to me, a touch self conscious. But I'm SURE that he'll settle down and bring up a unique flavour for Abeer Vajpayi.

I saw GK first as Prithvi and fell completely in love. And out of curiousity, went to see how he fared as Sharman. Although Sharman was a complete turnabout I was utterly charmed - so boyish, so open, vulnerable and fun.

Abeer, so far at least, is closer to Sharman than Prithvi but I'm hoping he'll be able to create some interesting nuances because Sharman wasn't hero material was he? at least not to my mind.

Also GK said once that Chandana taught him to be less restless as an actor. I seriously think he should carry over those lessons here - he needs more poise, more control.
Bubble

@Red:Well it was suppose to b Sumit-Kumkum love story ,so yeah he was just a side character,his character Sharman had the potential but when his role started getting meaty he left the show because he got the lead in colors show Jeevan saathi...So Gaurav fans might not give much importance to Sharman's role and rightly so..but here Abeer is only the main lead and I m sure once the love story starts his character will go through various transformations as an individual and we might see that poise and intensity in AbeerEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gaurav as Abeer:Pass or Fail ?? (Page 5)" in Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sattvik

I know its a bit out of place for me to say this but I don't think it suited him, Gaurav as Abeer, so I would say fail. But then again, its too early to judge too. Hope I don't upset Gaurav fans. Sorry.
Arre no no don't worry..u hv not upset anyoneHug..I think its always interesting to hv various Point of viewsEmbarrassed...Mayb in few more episodes we can judge his character properlyEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sattvik

PureBliss

IF-Stunnerz

PureBliss

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:44am | IP Logged
GK never fails to impress me with his superb acting skills and versitality. He fits into the character so well. He's doing a perfect job as Abeer Thumbs Up As for now I'm hooked to this show just because of him. The precap seems interesting.. looking forward to it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GauravsDbestjyoti06relentless.

Prachi..

IF-Rockerz

Prachi..

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:48am | IP Logged
paas paas
from my side
i liked his carefree attitude very much

jyoti06

IsabellaCullen

IF-Dazzler

IsabellaCullen

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 2:08am | IP Logged
I'm sorry to say, I didnt' like him but LOVE him Di!...

After living in Lucknow for a long time, I feel about 80% things they are showing are true...the lang. the people etc!...

Like they have Batra's and Malliks in Punjab n Delhi and Virani's in Gujjus, Lucknow is a clash between Srivastavas and Shuklas!

Gaurav as Abeer Vajpayye was totally wonderful!...Its a "Sharman-type" character again and he's a master at the genre!...

GauravsDbestSuhana Ahmedjyoti06

sistu

IF-Dazzler

sistu

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 2:40am | IP Logged
hello all

I finally got time to watch the show . i also read what u guyz wrote and how u feel.

I understand that some of you are not connecting to abeer so well and thinking that it is like the role of sharman and some of you are comparing him to prithvi.

To begin with even prithvi is my fav character of GK so far and even i cudnt connect to aber so well But i dont think the reason for this was his earlier characters rather it was just the first episode.

As far as comparing abeer to GK's other characters is concerned, i dont see the reason for doing this. I mean i will be unfair with GK if i compare abeer with any of his other character. And i also feel that he characters are so different that they cannot be compared, they do have similarities but yet they are different.

If we take for example  sharman (though i havnt seen the serial so much), one can say that characters are similar but not exactly. sharman came from a joint family, he was happy go lucky guy but could never take crap against his family. He was the younger child who had been spoilt by the family and richness around him and he always looked for a new maya everyday. And wadhwas dididnt live in a small town muhalla, tey came from a posh, rich background. I dont think abeer has been spoilt coz they are rich, and he isnt the flirt types. Also in wadwaa family caste wasnt really an issue, it was not like kk-sumit wud mind if sharman married a girl not from their cast. sharman always went after a new girl everyday but as far as abeer is concerned, he is looking for a girl of his takkar. If we take his character of neel, even u will feel it is like abeer but isnt. Neel was an orphan brought up in London. He wanted everyone arund him to be happy coz he nevr got that hapiness being an orphan. Neel though happy go lucky was very matured at the same time.

As far as prithvi is concerned, prithvi is character that has many responsibilities, has lost his father and being the eldest he is very responsible and tough guy.

The reason abeer looks like any other boy is because his charcater is that of a boy next door. He is a guy who u will meet anywhere and that is the crux of this show. It is a story about people who u see in daily life. The show attempts to show an issue around us. The characters in this show cannot be larger than life coz caste problem is a problem revolving around people we meet in daily life, simple people.

And also Abeer, the character, hasnt developed so much coz it was just the first day. So we shud give him some time before comparing with others. And we shud try to be objective when assessing him otherwise we wont be able to connect with him. This is the same problem I had but when i tried to think objectively, i ended up writting so much.

No offence meant to anyone!

what do u think?

Edited by sistu - 29 December 2009 at 3:12am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashi18GauravsDbestMaz.Suhana Ahmedjyoti06-Aysha-

bones88

IF-Stunnerz

bones88

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 3:13am | IP Logged
Definite Pass from my sideThumbs Upjyothi... Loveed himDay Dreaming

jyoti06

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sistu

hello all

I finally got time to watch the show . i also read what u guyz wrote and how u feel.

I understand that some of you are not connecting to abeer so well and thinking that it is like the role of sharman and some of you are comparing him to prithvi.
I think its natural that comparisons will happen when one actor is doing two very different shows at the same timeEmbarrassed..as long as its healthy its fineTongue

To begin with even prithvi is my fav character of GK so far and even i cudnt connect to aber so well But i dont think the reason for this was his earlier characters rather it was just the first episode.
Ya mayb its too early to pass the final judgement based on just one episodeEmbarrassed

As far as comparing abeer to GK's other characters is concerned, i dont see the reason for doing this. I mean i will be unfair with GK if i compare abeer with any of his other character. And i also feel that he characters are so different that they cannot be compared, they do have similarities but yet they are different.
Yeah for me Abeer is a complete different character..many think its similar to Sharman's character in Kumkum..but I don't feel so because Sharman had a casanova image to some extent..Abeer is lively and energetic like Sharman but from yesterday's episode he does not look like a casanovaEmbarrassed 

If we take for example  sharman (though i havnt seen the serial so much), one can say that characters are similar but not exactly. sharman came from a joint family, he was happy go lucky guy but could never take crap against his family. He was the younger child who had been spoilt by the family and richness around him and he always looked for a new maya everyday. And wadhwas dididnt live in a small town muhalla, tey came from a posh, rich background. I dont think abeer has been spoilt coz they are rich, and he isnt the flirt types. Also in wadwaa family caste wasnt really an issue, it was not like kk-sumit wud mind if sharman married a girl not from their cast. sharman always went after a new girl everyday but as far as abeer is concerned, he is looking for a girl of his takkar. If we take his character of neel, even u will feel it is like abeer but isnt. Neel was an orphan brought up in London. He wanted everyone arund him to be happy coz he nevr got that hapiness being an orphan. Neel though happy go lucky was very matured at the same time.
I just said more or less same thing about Sharman aboveLOL..yeah caste was really not a issue in Wadhwa family and here caste problem will b a major issue in a love story..also Sharman's character was a side track in that serial because main focus was on Sumit-Kumkum whereas in this show Abeer will b the main focus and so its obvious that this character will later go through different transformations in lifeTongue..Neel's character was more like Sameer's character of hum dil de chuke sanam..he was an NRI ..so his thoughts were different from an Indian boy's POV..Compared to all that Abeer is a rich upper cast family's son but living in a small town..this itself sounds interesting and something differentTongue

As far as prithvi is concerned, prithvi is character that has many responsibilities, has lost his father and being the eldest he is very responsible and tough guy.
Prithvi started his journey with a revenge mode whereas Abeer right now is like a free independent bird without any bitterness or responsibilities or tention..so again very different..

The reason abeer looks like any other boy is because his charcater is that of a boy next door. He is a guy who u will meet anywhere and that is the crux of this show. It is a story about people who u see in daily life. The show attempts to show an issue around us. The characters in this show cannot be larger than life coz caste problem is a problem revolving around people we meet in daily life, simple people.
Yeah its a realistic story because even today u will see these inter-caste marriage problems in small towns and how two families r at loggerhands because of this caste problem in real life..characters like Prithvi might not b seen much in real world because they r like every girl's fantasyWinkTongue..whereas Abeer like u said is a real character residing in our society onlyEmbarrassed..also I m sure once the love story starts the character will grow more matured,serious and responsibleEmbarrassed

And also Abeer, the character, hasnt developed so much coz it was just the first day. So we shud give him some time before comparing with others. And we shud try to be objective when assessing him otherwise we wont be able to connect with him. This is the same problem I had but when i tried to think objectively, i ended up writting so much.
But u wrote it very well and to the pointClapClap

No offence meant to anyone!

what do u think?
I cannot help but agree with all your valid pointsClap..its an individual's perspective when we look at a particular character..if we watch Gaurav as Abeer with a mindset that it should recreate Prithvi or Neel magic then we might feel disappointed..but if we watch Gaurav will an open mind as if we r watching a newcomer then we will simply love himEmbarrassed I hv seen Gaurav's every show very closely..so when I was watching this serial..for once I was watching Gaurav as a new actor and not as someone who already played these fantastic characters of Prithvi,Neel  or SharmanEmbarrassed..mayb thats why I liked him in this first episode..

GauravsDbestsistubones88

Post Reply New Post

Go to top