Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

Gaurav as Abeer:Pass or Fail ?? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

soapbubble

IF-Dazzler

soapbubble

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 9:43pm | IP Logged

Oh pass, definitely pass but I think he could do better.

First epi, first appearance so maybe he was a bit hyper - his acting seemed a bit over the top to me, a touch self conscious. But I'm SURE that he'll settle down and bring up a unique flavour for Abeer Vajpayi.

I saw GK first as Prithvi and fell completely in love. And out of curiousity, went to see how he fared as Sharman. Although Sharman was a complete turnabout I was utterly charmed - so boyish, so open, vulnerable and fun.

Abeer, so far at least, is closer to Sharman than Prithvi but I'm hoping he'll be able to create some interesting nuances because Sharman wasn't hero material was he? at least not to my mind.

Also GK said once that Chandana taught him to be less restless as an actor. I seriously think he should carry over those lessons here - he needs more poise, more control.
Bubble

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.jyoti06

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gaurav as Abeer:Pass or Fail ?? (Page 4)" in Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--sanchita--

IF-Sizzlerz

--sanchita--

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Definitely pass. I am watching Gaurav from Sharman days. He looked very good in that naughty character. Obviously those who saw him as prithvi first time it's tough for them to accept Gaurav in such jolly char. But believe me friends U will gradually love this char.

GauravsDbestjyoti06

Infinitedreams

IF-Stunnerz

Infinitedreams

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Most of my girls said it here, so i dont have to say much.

I saw him in Sharman Avtar, he was very cute, but as Prithvi he clicked me, and specially PriDa makes me fell in love with Gaurav and Chandana. I have no doubt on his acting, he proved as Prithvi that he could do any role, and he simply rocks as Prithvi.

Very different role he played/plays till upto date, Prithvi rocked, but still its toooo early to say anything about Abeer.

Muniza

Maz.jyoti06

liv2laugh

IF-Sizzlerz

liv2laugh

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
I would say Pass.

I liked him as Abeer - he is doing a good job so far. He is very different from Prithvi in LNMDJ  and I absolutely love him as Prithvi .  I guess it is testament to his acting skills that he can pull off two very different roles at the same time. Good variety and I like that.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GauravsDbestsoapbubbleMaz.jyoti06Infinitedreams

Rach.

IF-Rockerz

Rach.

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

I have been an ardent admirer of GK since the kumkum days!

I used to watch the show then only for him and his 'setting'

Gaurav is really spontaneous as an actor....It really shows how he can handle 2 diverse characters really well that too at the same time!

Hi jyoti...im rachel aka rach!

I really like your work as an annex updater in BDKTH and PKB ! Your comic timing is SPOT-ON!

GauravsDbestjyoti06

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nature

Jyotsssss, meeting you after a longggg longgg time Hug Hug... and seeing your posr after a longgg longgg time Tongue... Loved your take on Gaurav! Wink...

@ Gaurav as Abeer -
He definitely passed for me, that too with flying colors Big smile Big smile... His carefree, nautanki attitude was just irresistable... you couldnt help but smile Big smile... Loved the way he teased his grand-mom and the way he's smitten with his mom Embarrassed Embarrassed... His entry with kite-flying was too cute and later on his ramblings about girls and his dream girl made me go "awww" Embarrassed... Loved his "Hum Abeer Bajpayee hain" time and again Big smile...

@ Abeer V/s Prithvi -
Well for die-hard Prithvi fans, its gonna be very difficult to accept GK as Abeer coz both of them are poles apart Smile... but then GK can win your heart just like that Wink.. Give him some time Big smile...

@ Abeer & Sharman - I wont deny that there are some striking resemblances between the two characters.. Hope the CV's differentiate between the two in the coming episode Embarrassed..

Nids
Nidsss woww its soo good to see u hereHug...Even Ekss is getting active here..it looks to me we can hv one Kumkum reunion party nowWinkLOLEmbarrassed..

I agree with your points..Prithvi and Abeer r poles apart but yes Sharman and Abeer hv striking similaritiesTongue..but I think eventually Abeer will become more serious because its a complicated love story involving two castes whereas in Kumkum serial Sharman never really had such serious problem in life and when he had a problem the actor was changedWinkLOL..so it will b interesting to see Abeer as the passionate and intense lover once ths caste problem arisesEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GauravsDbest

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rachel.fds

I have been an ardent admirer of GK since the kumkum days!

I used to watch the show then only for him and his 'setting'

Gaurav is really spontaneous as an actor....It really shows how he can handle 2 diverse characters really well that too at the same time!

Hi jyoti...im rachel aka rach!

I really like your work as an annex updater in BDKTH and PKB ! Your comic timing is SPOT-ON!
Oh thanks for the complimentEmbarrassed..

I agree Gaurav is a very spontaneous actor who can easily fit into variety of characters and thats the true test of a real actorClapEmbarrassed

I think its a challenge for Gaurav to carry out both the characters of Prithvi and Abeer at the same time..this will really test his versatility as an actorStar

GauravsDbest

ashi18

Groupbie

ashi18

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:26am | IP Logged

GK in any role n form is ok wid me.. loved him as prithvi n nw will surely love him as abeer.. lol..

GauravsDbest

Post Reply New Post

Go to top