Debate Mansion

Forum Moderators who throw their weight around ! (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 20

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 11:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forum Moderators who throw their weight around ! (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Originally posted by Emptiness

This thread would turn much more interesting if people start naming and shaming. LOL

*viewbies note: Edited for direct attacks*

Buddy its pure insult to that person,....so better dont attack personly!Smile

Edited by return_to_hades - 29 December 2009 at 10:52pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sonur15return_to_hadesMindbenderiTangled_25

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
*viewbies note: There have been concerns raised over the naming of specific IF moderators and criticizing them. Henceforth, please refrain from naming any member of DT and maligning them. When discussing your concerns regarding moderators please do so explaining the situation without names.  If you have concerns with specific members on DT you should take it up with them, in the sections they moderate, and use the proper line of issue redressal. Please do not use this as a platform to critique moderators.

Any further naming and criticizing will result in this thread being locked. And I do not want to have to shut this one too.

Questions/concerns PM me*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.

smallwonder

IF-Veteran Member

smallwonder

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:13am | IP Logged
I completely agree with you Shaky! This is nothing new - infact the whole system of the Dev team is corrupted and moderators are just part of the system... The very fact that I gave up my DT status and powers is that this system cant be changed - you either accept and be a part of it or you keep yourself away from it, I chose the latter... Favoritism is the key to quick gains here - and worst part is, the ones who matter pretend to be very unbiased, fair and etc etc lol... They will always find ways to twist and play with words to justify their actions - its a rotten system, what to do - I have been so relieved ever since I gave up the thing and have had a great time as a simple member in the forums taking part in discussions and ignoring the mods/DT making my best not to bump into them for any reason... Thats the best solution... If you are expecting any change in attitude, take your try - I wouldnt have much hope...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.angelic_devil

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 1:10am | IP Logged
I have seen DT members pretty prejudiced....if as a DT member I dont like a team I can always tell the higher authorities crap so they can give warnings ..I have seen this occur and I will not name who they are..so dont ask me!

as a principle I am against ALL DEV TEAM MEMBERS at teh age of 15 and below..there is a reson society doesnt trust them with power... and I dont believe it is wise to give them power that they dont realise...

LOL
and this whole idea of transparent selection of DT who dont deserve a position...it is weird....

is it ok to promote a viewbie to a mod just because he ahs been a viewbie for a certain number of years? isnt the work dont or the craptastic work done that is more important account of stuff?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.Wrackspurt

souro

souro

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 1:21am | IP Logged
This post is for people who are complaining about DT members:

1. Teenagers as Mods - I'd like to ask you to take a look at how active the teenagers are. They are what makes IF. DM is probably the only section where there is not much of teenagers. It'll be grossly unfair if people who are responsible for making the forum active and beautiful are ignored just because of their age.

2. Favouritism in appointing Mods - Tell me how many members you remember well enough who don't chat with you or PM you atleast once in a while. And from them tell me who all do you have a really good opinion about and feel that they should be in the DT.
It's the same while appointing DT members. They choose from those people who they see are regularly active on the section or feel will be good as DT members. Now, it's not possible for anyone to make accurate judgement about how one would behave after becoming a DT member. If asked what they'll do as a DT member, noone will say that 'Ohh I'll ban all those people I dislike'.

3. Favouritism in Moderating - I don't condone blatant partiality but a DT member is usually not partial just because s/he likes to be partial. Mostly it happens because of the reported posts. Noone reads all the posts, even you don't do it. And especially if GMs enter the scene, they don't have the time to go into details. They have hundreds of sections to oversee.

4. DT members should have COC - I'd like them to know that there is a COC or rather guidelines posted in the very first page of the DT section.

I agree there are people who suck up to DT members. But it's not the fault of DT members that they do so. I personally don't like such behaviour. But some may fall for it. You should remember that DT members are also human and like any other human being they are not above flattery. They might get swayed sometimes. If you ever feel wronged because the DT member was swayed by his/her friends then you should let a higher DT member know about it.
I was a normal member for more than a year. I had disagreements with DT members as well. But I didn't receive any WL increase. Most people don't receive any warnings as long as they know how to act in a civilised manner and control themselves.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.return_to_hades.DontKnow.

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

This post is for people who are complaining about DT members:

1. Teenagers as Mods - I'd like to ask you to take a look at how active the teenagers are. They are what makes IF. DM is probably the only section where there is not much of teenagers. It'll be grossly unfair if people who are responsible for making the forum active and beautiful are ignored just because of their age.

2. Favouritism in appointing Mods - Tell me how many members you remember well enough who don't chat with you or PM you atleast once in a while. And from them tell me who all do you have a really good opinion about and feel that they should be in the DT.
It's the same while appointing DT members. They choose from those people who they see are regularly active on the section or feel will be good as DT members. Now, it's not possible for anyone to make accurate judgement about how one would behave after becoming a DT member. If asked what they'll do as a DT member, noone will say that 'Ohh I'll ban all those people I dislike'.

3. Favouritism in Moderating - I don't condone blatant partiality but a DT member is usually not partial just because s/he likes to be partial. Mostly it happens because of the reported posts. Noone reads all the posts, even you don't do it. And especially if GMs enter the scene, they don't have the time to go into details. They have hundreds of sections to oversee.

4. DT members should have COC - I'd like them to know that there is a COC or rather guidelines posted in the very first page of the DT section.

I agree there are people who suck up to DT members. But it's not the fault of DT members that they do so. I personally don't like such behaviour. But some may fall for it. You should remember that DT members are also human and like any other human being they are not above flattery. They might get swayed sometimes. If you ever feel wronged because the DT member was swayed by his/her friends then you should let a higher DT member know about it.
I was a normal member for more than a year. I had disagreements with DT members as well. But I didn't receive any WL increase. Most people don't receive any warnings as long as they know how to act in a civilised manner and control themselves.

India forums Privacy Policy states as follows:

"OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDRENS' PRIVACY

The Site is NOT directed to or intended for people under the age of sixteen. A User less than 16 (Sixteen) years of age should not register to use the Site. India-forums do not knowingly collect any personal information from people under the age of sixteen. If you are a parent of a child under the age of sixteen and you have questions about our Site or Privacy Policy, please feel free to contact the India-forums Privacy Coordinator at Privacy Policy.
Those between the age of sixteen and eighteen are to provide either of their parents Email ID and an Email will be send informing that their ward has registered himself/herself to use the India-forums.com services. The parent will be legally bound by any acts/deeds/Violation of India-forums.com Terms of Use & Privacy Policy by their wards."

Having Dev Team members below 16 flouts the rule.. and in a way makes the IF privacy policy null and void!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilBeyond_the_Veil.DontKnow.Wrackspurt

Post Reply New Post

Go to top