Debate Mansion

Forum Moderators who throw their weight around ! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 20

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forum Moderators who throw their weight around ! (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Midnight_Shade

Originally posted by Believe

^no one is perfect in this world..bt in forums the scenario shall always be the same. It's not about keeping one party happy, or the other unhappy. better PM them and tell them that anyone have a problem... Deal the unprofessional's matters in professional way...Smile

To be very honest, the impact that you get by posting your opinions in the forum for everyone to read is not as delicious as the one that you get by dragging things to PMs and all that under the table business like a lot of law-abiding and decorum-conscious people do here.
It called freedom of speech ;)

Its not mean under the table bussiness....You can pm and ask the particuler member about the matter, or you can pm/report the CM,GM or higher level authorities...I dont think total freedom is allowed here to post anything against anyone...some people get offended and take things too personally and leave forum. That is their personal decision. If there is any complain or confussion it is better be resolved through PMs. I myself have had difference of opinion many times in DM and I think some people talking out through PM....In debate and discussion is healthy and good, but I personally think after some time of it goes on it suggest that you are trying to impose on your opponent that you are right and their thought is wrong. Which I think leads to frustration at the end ...Moderator means they must keep a balance and not let your emotions come in your way. I feel thats why moderators are called moderators but it doesn't make them any more or less wiser than the restSmile

.DontKnow.

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:31am | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Originally posted by gengarjetty2

just coz noone is perfect doesnt mean that we should take the most imperfect fellows as mods.

Im surprised to see that people of young ages are given positions as Moderators ( excludes viewbies ) . Firstly, they are immature in age. How can one expect them to think with maturity ?

I think the development team will recommend someone to be a mod, Viewbie, coolbie, etc depending on the work that they are doing. In our current way of doing things, mods have been recommended based on merit, not on friendship or other method...There is guide line to follow each mod or viewbies...if any member feel they misusing the guide line...they can report other higher levels....and maturity not depent on age na.!!Smile 

.DontKnow.

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:44am | IP Logged

.DontKnow.

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:56am | IP Logged

^no one is perfect in this world..bt in forums the scenario shall always be the same. It's not about keeping one party happy, or the other unhappy. better PM them and tell them that anyone have a problem... Deal the unprofessional's matters in professional way...Smile

To be very honest, the impact that you get by posting your opinions in the forum for everyone to read is not as delicious as the one that you get by dragging things to PMs and all that under the table business like a lot of law-abiding and decorum-conscious people do here.
It called freedom of speech ;)

Its not mean under the table bussiness....You can pm and ask the particuler member about the matter, or you can pm/report the CM,GM or higher level authorities...I dont think total freedom is allowed here to post anything against anyone...some people get offended and take things too personally and leave forum. That is their personal decision. If there is any complain or confussion it is better be resolved through PMs. I myself have had difference of opinion many times in DM and I think some people talking out through PM....In debate and discussion is healthy and good, but I personally think after some time of it goes on it suggest that you are trying to impose on your opponent that you are right and their thought is wrong. Which I think leads to frustration at the end ...Moderator means they must keep a balance and not let your emotions come in your way. I feel thats why moderators are called moderators but it doesn't make them any more or less wiser than the restSmile

LOL, seriously, you don't have to give me lessons on COC and all that crap now. My life has not come to that point, yet.Smile LOL--LOLOk then forget it...Wink
Agree with your last statement. (See I can post Holy statement tooTongueWink LOLlol) Moderators and viewbies were also members at one point of time and were given that duty coz they were either available 24/7 or were all goody goody. So, it would also be stupid on our part to expect the mods to be perfect. It's our constructive criticism like this that helps them work on their flaws. Big smile---Ya everybody visiting forums  or these web site to have some fun, discussion etc etc...constructive criticism always good to improve ,if anyone do it 24/7 criticism it will not workout na,if they are wrong, they are wrong. No body is perfect. We should learn to get over it. Life is not a CocaCola commercial... Play it while you can and then chew it up and swallow it downWink

.DontKnow.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top