Debate Mansion

Forum Moderators who throw their weight around !

Posted: 14 years ago
NOTE :
NO BASHING / ATTACKING ANY MODERATOR IN PARTICULAR.
(Sorry for Caps. Just want to highlight !)

Since the Debate Mansion is meant to give each member the RIGHT TO SPEECH. Im writing it in a way that it doesn't attack any Moderator in particular but generally speak when people throw weight when they get the so called "power".

Moderator from my point of view :

• Helpful & understanding.
  • Who values your thoughts and gives scope for improvement.
  • Humble in speech
  • Matured thinking. Completely unbiased .

Some people here :

•  Attitude in speech .
  • Partial towards close friends.
  • Immature in thoughts as well as age.
  • Haughty behavior.

PS : This doesn't include Sarina aka Returns to Hades. She is an absolute gem among rocks & stones here πŸ˜†.

NEXT, no Mod can close this topic or raise warning levels here. As,

1.  We are debating about an issue which means that every member is entitled to her opinion. Its just about Forum Moderators in general & not IF Mods in particular.
  2. We expect Moderators to assume this as a feedback thread.
  3. Some names are mentioned who have shown attitude to people. I advice those not to get excited & take revenge etc cuz they hv mentioned your name here with proof. I know it is wrong as the DT works very hard here. But then its a debate thread, these are just examples to support statements.
  4. Lastly, if one has any grievience, please contact our Moderator Sarina as we wouldn't wish to hear anything from any Moderators here. Kindly keep up with the Spirit of Debate Mansion.
Thank You πŸ˜›

Edited by shaktheback - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yep, its nothing worng.. since u didnt say if mods in general( tho a certain bhaskar fits the bill for your topic title πŸ˜‰)

anyway I have usually had nice mods like gur,raj,anuradha,kothra,sarina,etc who always played fair, tho anuradha was a tad paranoid and reminded me abt my 8th grade bio teacher πŸ˜†

the only mod i disliked was *edited* once "banned me for creating anti nation polls" when I just made a timeline of how  some judges in music shows bashed aatif aslam. Not to mention he had an avi of that avinash ips guy, who imo has a cheap looking face. not to mention he had the gall/sense of humorto call manna dey better than rafi πŸ˜†

oh yeah on pokemon crater some jerk mods suspended me for 10 years for double posting .. WTF?!!! 😑

gamespot was nice.. altho once i insulted alex navarro's mom just for the fun of it and got banned πŸ˜› and trashed the xbox forums πŸ˜›

pwmania forums was DUMB! i once wrote a couple of lines and those freakin mods said i should type more .. wtf again!

never had problems apart from this, tho.

*viewbies note: Edited for direct attacks*

Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago
-Sneha thumbnail
I agree, BUT in parts you've mentioned, and parts you haven't mentioned.

Firstly, I completely am with you when you say a moderator should have each of the qualities you stated above. And indeed, any sensible person would agree they should. But there are a lot of factors, almost half of the people around India Forums don't respect, or even acknowledge if you ask me. They are your friends, they are my friends, so we are not going to start on names or bashing, obviously it wouldn't be in anyone's good books to do that would it? πŸ˜‰

1) Moderators are meant to be all the following. But above all, people should not forget they are authority figures, and are meant to be respected. You cannot go around bashing a moderator because he/she closed a topic of yours which was sparking fights and initiating bashing of celebrities or other forum members. If you ask for freedom and respect, learn to earn it as well.

2) Moderators have choices and favorites from the TV screen too. So learn not to judge their work from their posts on their favorites and friends as well. If there is a certain post you've disagreed on the thoughts of the moderator, doesn't necessarily mean you need to open thousand other posts or make snide comments in CCs or CFCs against them! 

3) And according to me the most important one: Moderators are human beings as well. Care not to forget that at times please? They ARE allowed to make mistakes right? Or is IF suddenly mistake-proof for moderators? If there's something you find wrong, despite any other assumption, PM them, talk to them instead of going to the global moderator or administrator protesting and demanding an immediate action to be taken. Shouldn't we remember that from time to time we make mistakes as well?

All that said, I am not a moderator, nor do I think all moderators around are angels. Sorry if this hurts someone but I do know far better members worth the post than a few (really few) of the moderators. On the other hand, I am NOT going to support some of the IF members who have made it their past time, actually favourite hobby of ruining the moderators life on IF. Some of them even going to the extent of stalking some ex-moderators on FB. I am sure half of them already can recognise themselves if they've been reading this post. Of course no one is taking names, but pretty much everyone knows each other round here don't they? πŸ˜‰

Sooooooooooo, all this brings me to say, live and let live! Or if you;ve got so much of a trouble, forget coming on forums!

Thank God DM is a peaceful place with awesome moderators! I've never had one complain over here, not a single one. I am glad I chose DM as my favourite place on IF. Kind of like it wayyyyy more than all those "nasty" other forums I know of!

Cheers,
Sneha.

PS. The "you" in the post is used as a general term. No one in particular is being hinted at. If you feel otherwise, that's your worry! πŸ˜†
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am not going 2 give a trophy to the mods on this forum, not yet anyway πŸ˜³ but on my previous forum which I left last year, I got away with a few not many posts that were irrelevant to the topic, but yeah of my 3 years stay on there ive never been warned, the mods were hella nice, comforting  and very friendly. Im still new here so i dunno the mods berry well, until a little more observation chow mown till next time.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: gengarjetty2

yep, its nothing worng.. since u didnt say if mods in general( tho a certain bhaskar fits the bill for your topic title πŸ˜‰)

anyway I have usually had nice mods like gur,raj,anuradha,kothra,sarina,etc who always played fair, tho anuradha was a tad paranoid and reminded me abt my 8th grade bio teacher πŸ˜†

the only mod i disliked was *edited* who once "banned me for creating anti nation polls" when I just made a timeline of how  some judges in music shows bashed aatif aslam. Not to mention he had an avi of that avinash ips guy, who imo has a cheap looking face. not to mention he had the gall/sense of humorto call manna dey better than rafi πŸ˜†

I dont think Baski Bann anyone without any valid reason.....😊

Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
The moderators are good.Sarina is cute but the man in her avi is horrible.I am scared of him.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -JONAKI-

The moderators are good.Sarina is cute but the man in her avi is horrible.I am scared of him.

I'm not at all cute hon. I'm incredibly mean and evil just like the terrifying man in my Av. 😊
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Visiting IF is fun, I will be here till it is fun and then have the option of leaving when it stops being fun. So does everyone else. There are bigger issues to life..People who are free to say things are still responsible for what they say......But people ask Are mods always right?....mods are not always correct,bt they are not always wrong either, same as my boss who is not always correct...but we cant blame them, they trying their best...everybody have their own choice and opinion, so that influence may be happen...But I I think in IF there is set of rules, everybody have follow the rules...😊

This content was originally posted by: shaktheback

NOTE :
IM NOT BASHING ANY MODERATOR IN PARTICULAR.

Is this fair ?

no, this is not fair. i dropped in expecting fireworks and what do i find...

cmon, cant we bash someone? anyone?i  been goin pillar to post lookin to bash someone but ppl have gone sensible on meπŸ˜›

srsly u got good points but since i dont feel like creatin ID # 4, mum's the wordπŸ˜† 
This content was originally posted by: cuckoocutter

no, this is not fair. i dropped in expecting fireworks and what do i find...

cmon, cant we bash someone? anyone?i  been goin pillar to post lookin to bash someone but ppl have gone sensible on meπŸ˜›

srsly u got good points but since i dont feel like creatin ID # 4, mum's the wordπŸ˜† 

you mean mofo? πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
Edited by gengarjetty2 - 14 years ago