Debate Mansion

Forum Moderators who throw their weight around !

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 20

Page 1
Page   of 20
Page 2 Page 20

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 7:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.chimulicool_yvP1nkMidnight_Shade--ania---Imu.M-smallwondergujunpyosunandshineFair-n-luvlydebayonsindhyaa.baz786Wrackspurtnisha80iTangled_25Meena1petticoat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Forum Moderators who throw their weight around !" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged
I agree, BUT in parts you've mentioned, and parts you haven't mentioned.

Firstly, I completely am with you when you say a moderator should have each of the qualities you stated above. And indeed, any sensible person would agree they should. But there are a lot of factors, almost half of the people around India Forums don't respect, or even acknowledge if you ask me. They are your friends, they are my friends, so we are not going to start on names or bashing, obviously it wouldn't be in anyone's good books to do that would it? Wink

1) Moderators are meant to be all the following. But above all, people should not forget they are authority figures, and are meant to be respected. You cannot go around bashing a moderator because he/she closed a topic of yours which was sparking fights and initiating bashing of celebrities or other forum members. If you ask for freedom and respect, learn to earn it as well.

2) Moderators have choices and favorites from the TV screen too. So learn not to judge their work from their posts on their favorites and friends as well. If there is a certain post you've disagreed on the thoughts of the moderator, doesn't necessarily mean you need to open thousand other posts or make snide comments in CCs or CFCs against them! 

3) And according to me the most important one: Moderators are human beings as well. Care not to forget that at times please? They ARE allowed to make mistakes right? Or is IF suddenly mistake-proof for moderators? If there's something you find wrong, despite any other assumption, PM them, talk to them instead of going to the global moderator or administrator protesting and demanding an immediate action to be taken. Shouldn't we remember that from time to time we make mistakes as well?

All that said, I am not a moderator, nor do I think all moderators around are angels. Sorry if this hurts someone but I do know far better members worth the post than a few (really few) of the moderators. On the other hand, I am NOT going to support some of the IF members who have made it their past time, actually favourite hobby of ruining the moderators life on IF. Some of them even going to the extent of stalking some ex-moderators on FB. I am sure half of them already can recognise themselves if they've been reading this post. Of course no one is taking names, but pretty much everyone knows each other round here don't they? Wink

Sooooooooooo, all this brings me to say, live and let live! Or if you;ve got so much of a trouble, forget coming on forums!

Thank God DM is a peaceful place with awesome moderators! I've never had one complain over here, not a single one. I am glad I chose DM as my favourite place on IF. Kind of like it wayyyyy more than all those "nasty" other forums I know of!

Cheers,
Sneha.

PS. The "you" in the post is used as a general term. No one in particular is being hinted at. If you feel otherwise, that's your worry! LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Suha_18devashree_hcool_yv-Imu.M-.DontKnow.gujunpyo

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:44am | IP Logged
I am not going 2 give a trophy to the mods on this forum, not yet anyway Embarrassed but on my previous forum which I left last year, I got away with a few not many posts that were irrelevant to the topic, but yeah of my 3 years stay on there ive never been warned, the mods were hella nice, comforting  and very friendly. Im still new here so i dunno the mods berry well, until a little more observation chow mown till next time.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

yep, its nothing worng.. since u didnt say if mods in general( tho a certain bhaskar fits the bill for your topic title Wink)

anyway I have usually had nice mods like gur,raj,anuradha,kothra,sarina,etc who always played fair, tho anuradha was a tad paranoid and reminded me abt my 8th grade bio teacher LOL

the only mod i disliked was *edited* who once "banned me for creating anti nation polls" when I just made a timeline of how  some judges in music shows bashed aatif aslam. Not to mention he had an avi of that avinash ips guy, who imo has a cheap looking face. not to mention he had the gall/sense of humorto call manna dey better than rafi LOL

I dont think Baski Bann anyone without any valid reason.....Smile

Edited by return_to_hades - 29 December 2009 at 10:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_yv.DontKnow.Meena1

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged
The moderators are good.Sarina is cute but the man in her avi is horrible.I am scared of him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.petticoat

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -JONAKI-

The moderators are good.Sarina is cute but the man in her avi is horrible.I am scared of him.

I'm not at all cute hon. I'm incredibly mean and evil just like the terrifying man in my Av. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha.DontKnow.Meena1

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:37am | IP Logged

Visiting IF is fun, I will be here till it is fun and then have the option of leaving when it stops being fun. So does everyone else. There are bigger issues to life..People who are free to say things are still responsible for what they say......But people ask Are mods always right?....mods are not always correct,bt they are not always wrong either, same as my boss who is not always correct...but we cant blame them, they trying their best...everybody have their own choice and opinion, so that influence may be happen...But I I think in IF there is set of rules, everybody have follow the rules...Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AllonsyGeronimochimuli.DontKnow.Meena1

Post Reply New Post

Go to top