Fashion and Beauty

What accessories look great with a black dress?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

tumkaun

Groupbie

tumkaun

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Hi, I'm trying to put together a look.  I will be attending a party for new years and i want to look great.  I have a strapless dress that is right above my knees.   So, I would like to know from you'll what color shoes i should wear, to what kind of accessories would look good, and what color clutch i should have?  Any other suggestions would be great.  The dress i have is featured on this video at the end  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33508940/vp/34327344#34327344.  I would really appreciate your ideas.  Thank You.

THIS IS WHAT I WORE TO THE NEW YEAR PARTY....

Sorry, for the late reply, just been busy.  So, I wore magenta open toe shoes

and I didn't have a clutch, cause I had forgotten that the dress had pockets....totally cool...didn't have to hold anything...had my hands free to hold my drink...Big smile
and i wore this necklace that i had for a while it's from White House | Black Market...love the store...

and that was all  i did...i can't believe it all came together....thank you all for your advice it really helped me put my outfit together....Happy New Year...

Edited by tumkaun - 12 January 2010 at 7:17pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What accessories look great with a black dress?" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I can't load the video. Generally speaking, I think for a black dress minimal accessories look good. Maybe just longish drop metal earrings that go with your face shape and hairdo.

I'm picturing shoes that stand out a little bit from the dress, maybe a colour other than black, such as gold or bronze, or even red. Strappy shoes or open-toe, I guess that depends on what you feel like and how dressy the party is. Pantyhose or tights colour is also an influencing factor.

Do you feel like wearing something dramatic? Something flirty and feminine? Something warm and elegant? Just see how you feel and coordinate your outfit accordingly. If you're happy and comfortable with your ensemble, you will rock it no matter what anyone else might say about it.

Sometimes a floppy and roomy clutch goes well with a black dress, maybe something in deeper and richer tones. I think overly blingy clutches are tacky looking. Here are some clutch styles that I think would look nice with the dress you've described:

Don't forget to paint your nails for the new year party.. just for fun! :)

Edited by --arti-- - 28 December 2009 at 10:48pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
@ Arti very well put!!!! *applause* lol :-D

OMG with black anything goess!! i like to keep it simple with just a necklace either gold or silver is fine then for a bracelet or a ring not both well it depends on how flashy it is then with some high pumps and my favorite prada clutch and your set to go to a party or to a club!! lolzzz

Jiannax143

IF-Rockerz

Jiannax143

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:05am | IP Logged
i think a black dress needs a pop of color...if it's a business new year's party then i would suggest a big necklace or something cause you dont want to show too much skin and i would match the shoes with the clutch :)

tumkaun

Groupbie

tumkaun

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
arti--thanks for the your ideas and the pictures...i really appreciate it...i will be going to a club so i want to look cute...

Thanks to manai and shapah0lic_xo your ideas are helpful too...

I will take all your ideas in consideration...I'm so excited...thanx a bunch...

Happy Holidays to you all.

here a picture of the dress...of course it is black....

Edited by tumkaun - 28 December 2009 at 7:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti--

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
I would wear colorful heels :)

Ummm....a color like Dark Purple or Hot pink or something in those shades. But not a light color! That would look weird

I dont like these shoes, but this is the dark purple color im talking about :)

http://www.viecouture.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ninewest-dasolinashoes.jpg

Since your dress has that bow on it, it would be best to wear heels that dont have any bows or any other decor that sticks out on them. Buckles and all that are fine, but no bows on the heels!

& i'd use maybe a dark gold metallic clutch.

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
I love the dress, it's my style

Hair: Messy Bun or Side Ponytail

Neck: Silver Pendant ( Hearts are the nicest kind)

Hands: Silver Charm Bracelet or Silver Watch

Ear: Personally i wouldn't wear earings ( maybe diamond studs) but if you choose to wear them then you can wear Chandelier Earings

Purse:  Bold Color ( Purple, Teal or Red) Peep Toe

Shoe: Match the Clutch

Hope you have Fun @ the Party

xoxoxox

Edited by avantika_greco - 28 December 2009 at 10:16pm

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Cute dress, thanks for posting!

Let us know what you end up wearing, and have fun. :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top