Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

There's no one else like her on TV and wh

Smile Senior Member
Smile
Smile

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Mona Darling
Print this storyPrint this story
There's no one else like her on TV and why not? Even model Mona Singh who plays the role believes that she is Jassi, says Lalitha Suhasini
Send Feedback   E-mail this story   Print this storyPrint this story
Posted online: Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 0000 hours IST

DUAL identity isn't such a big deal until you meet Mona Singh. Or is it Jassi? Sony's dance show Boogie Woogie's co-anchor Ravi Behl who recently worked with Singh confirms, ''Jassi is Mona and Mona is Jassi.'' That in a nutshell is the brand ideology that the channel seeks to maintain, having pumped in Rs 20 crore for publicity alone.

The ideology continues. Waiting for her at a bungalow in Jogeshwari, where the Mills & Boonesque drama unravels, you expect a trademark Jassi crash-land entry. Director Diya Singh calls out for Mona, immediately looks up to check how you've reacted to the slip and quickly covers up saying: ''Even the stylist's name is Mona.'' But after a surprisingly ladylike descent down the stairs, Singh admits that even her audition was a scene right out of Jassi. While several beautiful models waited to bag the role, Singh tripped, scattering her entire portfolio in an unholy mess. ''I was looking for a funny role,'' she says, ''I'm the entertainer in the family and keep making faces in front of the mirror.''

And Jassi's face is one she's prepared to wear as long as it takes. Singh says the braces are for real and this is how she looks off screen too. Sheepishly denying that she is the model Mona Singh, while adjusting her giant glasses she says, ''I'm not that girl, but it feels great to be compared because she's very beautiful, but I'm just Jassi.'' Singh's a bad liar and only laughs when you tell her that.

Born on October 8, 1978 and reborn as Jassi, the unsightly, bright secretary of Gulmohur Fashion House on September 1 last year, Mona Singh threw mega soaps off tangent. ''I was foxed when I first saw Jassi,'' says model coordinator Rasna Behl who has worked with Singh in the past. Admitting that Singh has ''a lovely face, but is in no way great ramp material because of her medium height'', she says she's waiting for the transformation too. And did you know Singh actually did a music video for Talat Aziz? ''She's a lovely girl and what I remember is she couldn't stand the cold when we were shooting in Simla,'' says the singer who gave Singh a shot on TV for the title track of his album Khushnooma in 2002. Though he hasn't managed to tune in to Jassi yet.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index