Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Midnight_Shade thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: clodpolish

My observation states that man and woman can be friends. Most probably, a stage will come when both might consider a romantic front after initial friendship. If they don't talk about it but ponder about it individually and come to the honest conclusion that the friend is not meant as a life partner, then they'll remain as friends.

Agar romantic chance dikhta hai, to bhai phir to thoda panga hoga.πŸ˜†

Your observation?πŸ˜† You mean to say that you've never had a friend who's a girl and have never experienced  all that you just mentioned yourself? :/
Anyways, Yeah, that's right. There always comes a point in a guy/girl friendship when they think that their friendship is at its pinnacle and they're gonna have to stop right there before things go out of hand.

I believe that if you already have someone in your life, there's a lesser chance of developing amorous feelings towards someone who's just your friend.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Midnight_Shade

Your observation?πŸ˜† You mean to say that you've never had a friend who's a girl and have never experienced all that you just mentioned yourself? :/

Please don't ask personal questions.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyways, Yeah, that's right. There always comes a point in a guy/girl friendship when they think that their friendship is at its pinnacle and they're gonna have to stop right there before things go out of hand.

Or another option - change that form of friendship and try out how things work on the romantic front.

I believe that if you already have someone in your life, there's a lesser chance of developing amorous feelings towards someone who's just your friend.

Yup, unless you suffer a break upπŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

I agree with most of what both you guys say. Amorous feelings or crushes are natural and happen with friends. That by no means that the friendship has to end or has ceased being platonic. People may feel the friendship is more important and reconcile those amorous feelings.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
I think man and woman can be friends.It is the society that never let them to be friends.The society alwyas think that they are in love.And sometims the frienship between a man and woman leads to problems in married life.Because most of the people can never accept this friendship.
Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

People may feel the friendship is more important and reconcile those amorous feelings.

Or another reason for reconciling those feelings can be that they feel there are other things to focus upon- abhi in sab chakkaron mein nahin padna boss !πŸ˜†
Midnight_Shade thumbnail

Originally posted by: clodpolish

Yup, unless you suffer a break upπŸ˜†

If you suffer a break up and your bruise is still fresh, there's a very low chance that the person will jump to someone else.
-Sneha thumbnail

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

if they are in frequent contact with eachother it is pretty impossible.

False, Gengu, how can you say that? πŸ˜†

Actually, pretty much depends on the society you are from I believe, and the "values" if I am allowed to call them so, that have been installed upon you from childhood even. I've been in a mixed pre-primary and primary school, and although high school has been a girls only one, tuitions out here are practically a tradition, implying you get to meet boys every single day you get to meet your "girl" friends. All this leads to the fact that out here, walking with a boy to tuition, even alone, is pretty much a common society thing, so much, that except elder grandmas of very orthodox views, no one seems to question that. My own mum prefers I am good friends with the nice guys, than with the bad group of girls. She even knows almost all of my best guy buddies. πŸ˜ƒ

Which leads me to my point of saying that: No, I don't believe a man and a woman cannot be simply friends, nor do I accept that frequent contact with feeling ulterior emotions is impossible. Two of my best friends are boys, and I've got only three really best friends. I've never felt anything other than love as in love for friendship for them, and I can't seem to believe why people can't understand that. You can always be friends with anyone you want to be, cross-sex or same gender, as long as you stand by your boundaries and values. And then, it depends on your relationship; sometimes, in some cases, love springs around, but most cases I've observed have been because they've been staying to close, get attracted to each other, think they are in love, and then regret losing out on both sides. Lucky are those who find a husband in their friends. 😳

But I feel, if a person is mature enough to make a clear difference between the two, and know what they want in the true sense of it, I don't think there's ever going to be a problem. Sure, once married, you need to set your limits, you can't go jumping on the back of your male friends while your husband is watching, it's obviously going to irritate him. Changes are going to come in the relationship, but I can't see why we can't deal with it. πŸ˜•

I really can't believe someone when they say boys and girls can't be friends. It's not about being modern or orthodox, it's about understand that a human being needs to have other relationships excluding spouse and parents, obviously everything in the right limit! πŸ˜†

Dropped in to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everyone, and have loads of fun! Missing you guys...

Sneha
Mindbender thumbnail

Please don't ask personal questions.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Oh come on now.....bas boldo ki ek ladki thi jiske saath yeh huwa tha....isme sharmane ki kya baat hai, cloddyπŸ˜†

Har doosri ladki ke saath hota hai, ab theek hai?πŸ˜†

Or another option - change that form of friendship and try out how things work on the romantic front.

Yea, that's right. You gotta figure out whether or not it's coming from both sides. You can talk it out with that friend of yours and see if you can extend it any further. But this is only applicable if you're not already into a relationship with someone else. Otherwise, you'll be cheating on your partner.

Ofcourse !That's another angle. Ye dil ke khel bade ajeeb hote hain.πŸ˜†

If you suffer a break up and your bruise is still fresh, there's a very low chance that the person will jump to someone else.

yup yup, though some people like to enter into a "filler" relationship after break up with the view that it will help in healing the bruise faster .
Midnight_Shade thumbnail

Originally posted by: -JONAKI-

I think man and woman can be friends.It is the society that never let them to be friends.The society alwyas think that they are in love.And sometims the frienship between a man and woman leads to problems in married life.Because most of the people can never accept this friendship.

Oh yes, been there, done that. You're friends with a guy and people who can't mind their own freakin business start taking your innocuous conversations with the guy as "flirting" with the guy and go around discussing it with others and go around saying that you've got a thing for that guy and whatever crap. Sucks to the core, if you ask me.
Mindbender thumbnail

Oh yes, been there, done that. You're friends with a guy and people who can't mind their own freakin business start taking your innocuous conversations with the guy as "flirting" with the guy and go around discussing it with others and go around saying that you've got a thing for that guy and whatever crap. Sucks to the core, if you ask me.

he heπŸ˜†

There are always street smart ways of dealing with such situations. The more anger you show , the more bitterness you let spark out- the more such things would follow you.πŸ˜†