Debate Mansion

NRIs in India - "how you & indians adjust/feel?"

Posted: 14 years ago
Hello my friends,

This is for everyone, not only NRIs.

How do NRIs from different part of the world feel when they come to India for a long stay? How do you guyz adjust to India? Specially those who left India before 5 yrs of age, and those who were born abroad. For those who married a girl from their 'NEW HOMELAND (abroad)" and those who come back to marry from India?

How do Indians feel about us NRIs? πŸ˜† ... What do you think of us (your secret thoughts)? What are the feeling, and adjustment issues with us?

Also, its very interesting to know what the girls from India feel when a marriage proposal comes for them from an NRI? What is the girls comfort level? Does she feel confident about him (specially his foreign past)? Is she ready to face whatever comes in a foreign land?

Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?

Well I am already married in the above category (the last para, right above this one). However mera DOST arahaa hai idhaar arranged marriage karne πŸ˜†πŸ˜³!

Please do contribute in detail. It will be very interesting. I myself left India when I was 2. Right now in India for a year or more... for the construction of our Delhi property is on its way 😳. I dunno, maybe I will leave, maybe no. Depends. But I am always curious about my Indian friends.

(I dont drink alcohol and I've never been a flirt or party animal πŸ˜† - dunno why I said that πŸ˜†)
Edited by Crimson_Sky - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koi hai NRI idhar? πŸ˜•
..is 10 days considered a long stay..??? 😳
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Crimson_Sky

Hello my friends,

How do NRIs from different part of the world feel when they come to India for a long stay? How do you guyz adjust to India? Specially those who left India before 5 yrs of age, and those who were born abroad. For those who married a girl from their 'NEW HOMELAND (abroad)" and those who come back to marry from India?

If two people is willingly/ready to accept live together and if they are happy to face any situation then what the problem wherever they stay...

How do Indians feel about us NRIs? πŸ˜† ... What do you think of us (your secret thoughts)? What are the feeling, and adjustment issues with us?  --What to feel buddy,same like other NRI ,Every NRI leave their country to live or help their family...so without adjestment whats life, so everybody does that😊

Also, its very interesting to know what the girls from India feel when a marriage proposal comes for them from an NRI? What is the girls comfort level? Does she feel confident about him (specially his foreign past)? Is she ready to face whatever comes in a foreign land? --no idea

Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?
I think when the time of transfer/migration ,starting stage everybody feel little nervous...

Well I am already married in the above category (the last para, right above this one). --any problem?πŸ˜‰
However mera DOST arahaa hai idhaar arranged marriage karne πŸ˜†πŸ˜³! --Gr8

Please do contribute in detail. It will be very interesting. I myself left India when I was 2. Right now in India for a year or more... for the construction of our Delhi property is on its way 😳. I dunno, maybe I will leave, maybe no. Depends. But I am always curious about my Indian friends.

(I dont drink alcohol and I've never been a flirt or party animal πŸ˜† - dunno why I said that πŸ˜†)--
Thats soo girlish...πŸ˜†

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago
@Believe:
I was talking about marriage, not live together. Infact I am not in favor of live together personally. I could if I wanted, but I didnt. However, I dont mind others. Everyone have their own life :)

About my married life: No problems πŸ˜‰

About my friend: Yeah gr8 πŸ˜† ... kis batkismaat lardki bechaari uske palle paregi ... πŸ˜† ...

Whats girlish in being abit Sanskaari 😊?

I love my India.

@ Meena: Once you live all your life in another country, and settle there permanently, and then come even from one day in India, that one day you are an NRI in India 😊...

So tell us your views. Its very important and interesting 😊
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It isnt hard to adjust :D
its weird for the first few days...i remember when i got out of the airplane and into the delhi airport, i couldnt breathe πŸ˜†
& me and my brother weren't allowed to drink water unless it was bottled.
The heat is horrible too! And the traffic...! OMG. I prayed for my life whenever i was in a car.
BTW, i was born abroad :)

& the longest i've stayed is like a little over a month
Will go for a longer stay once i graduate from HS :)

&& i just want to say that i want to marry a guy who lives in america also xD
or maybe canada...but only if its nearby by uncles & if i REALLLY like him

How do Indians feel about us NRIs? πŸ˜† ... What do you think of us (your secret thoughts)? What are the feeling, and adjustment issues with us?

Indians think NRI's are rich and that money grows on tree's πŸ˜†
I dont think that every indian thinks that but there has been too many instances for me not to believe that. Once, my aunt's niece asked her to bring her an ipod! LOL i was like:   umm seriously!? my aunt finally bought my cousin an ipod! He's been wanting one for a while now but couldnt afford it :(

Also, its very interesting to know what the girls from India feel when a marriage proposal comes for them from an NRI? What is the girls comfort level? Does she feel confident about him (specially his foreign past)? Is she ready to face whatever comes in a foreign land?

Well, it depends on those who want to go abroad and those who dont. One of my cousin's was really  happy & the other said no cause she doesnt want to leave india.

Well, from what i've heard, families would be happy that a guy got a proposal from a girl who is an NRI...the guy could now go abroad.

Well I am already married in the above category (the last para, right above this one). However mera DOST arahaa hai idhaar arranged marriage karne πŸ˜†πŸ˜³!

(I dont drink alcohol and I've never been a flirt or party animal πŸ˜† - dunno why I said that πŸ˜†)

^^i agree!

@ Jess:
You in USA? 😊 ...me from Sweden.

Anyways,

[quote]"Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?

Well, from what i've heard, families would be happy that a guy got a proposal from a girl who is an NRI...the guy could now go abroad. "
[/quote]

I guess there was a misinterpretation here. I meant when the NRI boy married a FOREIGN GIRL. As we call "Gori" (though I would like to call a foreign girl, but still to make things more clear😊). I meant, what can be the adjustment issues, or feelings... there.

But I agree with you on the "Indian girl for an NRI" issue. All Indian girls are surely not dying to reach a foreign soil (I want to believe that myself really).

As for your description about visiting India. Well I can understand :). I have been in Sweden since I were a little more than 2. I came India for a month or two but very rarely, 2 or 3 visits my entire life. Now I will be here for a year with my wife (who is Swedish). In my sister's place 😊, who married here in India 😊.

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@ Jess:

You in USA? 😊 ...me from Sweden.

Anyways,

[quote]"Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?

Well, from what i've heard, families would be happy that a guy got a proposal from a girl who is an NRI...the guy could now go abroad. "
[/quote]

I guess there was a misinterpretation here. I meant when the NRI boy married a FOREIGN GIRL. As we call "Gori" (though I would like to call a foreign girl, but still to make things more clear😊). I meant, what can be the adjustment issues, or feelings... there.

But I agree with you on the "Indian girl for an NRI" issue. All Indian girls are surely not dying to reach a foreign soil (I want to believe that myself really).

As for your description about visiting India. Well I can understand :). I have been in Sweden since I were a little more than 2. I came India for a month or two but very rarely, 2 or 3 visits my entire life. Now I will be here for a year with my wife (who is Swedish). In my sister's place 😊, who married here in India 😊.

Oh okay...i was gonna ask you if thats what you meant but i just went with what i thought.

Well, i think most family members in india might be upset if their guy relative in Abroad married a non-indian girl AKA a gori. But i think they'll get over it...especially if they meet the girl and like her :)
I know a guy who married a gori & he took her india once & his family members all loved her!

But i think that if the guy lives with his parents abroad and they dont care if he marries a gori, than ultimately thats what counts :)

& yea i live in US :D
Edited by Jess. - 14 years ago
Well my family were abit tense. But things are ok now. My wife is very intelligent and culturally aware.

However, coming to my friend who is here (India) to get married, expects a girl who would be very Sanskaari. As his parents want that. Now this guy does not have equal sanskaar himself (which I know very well). Its like "Saath Chooha Kha Ke Billi Haj Ko Chaali" πŸ˜†. Imagine!

Now the Indian girl may have high expectations too... Her parents are like going crazy for the NRI Jamai!

As you said .. money is not flying in Europe or USA. We work there, and the living standard is preety high, and thus we need to earn good to live up to that! Maybe if the currency is converted to Indian currency, it seems we are millionaires... but its not always confined till the currency is it?

Plus ... the Indian girls who fly abroad with their NRI husbands... dont they have the cultural shocks? The REALITY SHOCK as we call it?
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

@Believe:

I was talking about marriage, not live together. Marriage itself means to make a valid contract between two person to live together..I am not saying to live with people unmarried. Do whatsoever the society wants to be done, but don't take it as the whole. That is just the periphery... go beyond it. Infact I am not in favor of live together personally. I could if I wanted, but I didnt. Cos marriage is more permanent... people think its secure,after people can rely on it. In old age it will be helpful..so its natrual people use secure way to handle others.However, I dont mind others. Everyone have their own life :) --Ok

About my married life: No problems πŸ˜‰-- πŸ˜Š 

About my friend: Yeah gr8 πŸ˜† ... kis batkismaat lardki bechaari uske palle paregi ... πŸ˜† ...

Whats girlish in being abit Sanskaari 😊?--
So you mean if anyone do Drinks/party/flirt  they dont have sanskaar!!?  ....keep the gr8 thoughts!πŸ˜†

I love my India.-- πŸ‘πŸΌ