NRIs in India - "how you & indians adjust/feel?"

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NRIs in India - "how you & indians adjust/feel?"" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 11:27am | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Crimson_Sky

Hello my friends,

This is for everyone, not only NRIs.

How do NRIs from different part of the world feel when they come to India for a long stay? How do you guyz adjust to India? Specially those who left India before 5 yrs of age, and those who were born abroad. For those who married a girl from their 'NEW HOMELAND (abroad)" and those who come back to marry from India?

If two people is willingly/ready to accept live together and if they are happy to face any situation then what the problem wherever they stay...

How do Indians feel about us NRIs? LOL ... What do you think of us (your secret thoughts)? What are the feeling, and adjustment issues with us?  --What to feel buddy,same like other NRI ,Every NRI leave their country to live or help their family...so without adjestment whats life, so everybody does thatSmile

Also, its very interesting to know what the girls from India feel when a marriage proposal comes for them from an NRI? What is the girls comfort level? Does she feel confident about him (specially his foreign past)? Is she ready to face whatever comes in a foreign land? --no idea

Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?
I think when the time of transfer/migration ,starting stage everybody feel little nervous...

Well I am already married in the above category (the last para, right above this one). --any problem?Wink
However mera DOST arahaa hai idhaar arranged marriage karne LOLEmbarrassed! --Gr8

Please do contribute in detail. It will be very interesting. I myself left India when I was 2. Right now in India for a year or more... for the construction of our Delhi property is on its way Embarrassed. I dunno, maybe I will leave, maybe no. Depends. But I am always curious about my Indian friends.

(I dont drink alcohol and I've never been a flirt or party animal LOL - dunno why I said that LOL)--
Thats soo girlish...LOL

Edited by Believe - 26 December 2009 at 11:56am

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 8:36pm | IP Logged

This is for everyone, not only NRIs.

How do NRIs from different part of the world feel when they come to India for a long stay? How do you guyz adjust to India? Specially those who left India before 5 yrs of age, and those who were born abroad. For those who married a girl from their 'NEW HOMELAND (abroad)" and those who come back to marry from India?

It isnt hard to adjust :D
its weird for the first few days...i remember when i got out of the airplane and into the delhi airport, i couldnt breathe LOL
& me and my brother weren't allowed to drink water unless it was bottled.
The heat is horrible too! And the traffic...! OMG. I prayed for my life whenever i was in a car.
BTW, i was born abroad :)

& the longest i've stayed is like a little over a month
Will go for a longer stay once i graduate from HS :)

&& i just want to say that i want to marry a guy who lives in america also xD
or maybe canada...but only if its nearby by uncles & if i REALLLY like him

How do Indians feel about us NRIs? LOL ... What do you think of us (your secret thoughts)? What are the feeling, and adjustment issues with us?

Indians think NRI's are rich and that money grows on tree's LOL
I dont think that every indian thinks that but there has been too many instances for me not to believe that. Once, my aunt's niece asked her to bring her an ipod! LOL i was like:   umm seriously!? my aunt finally bought my cousin an ipod! He's been wanting one for a while now but couldnt afford it :(

Also, its very interesting to know what the girls from India feel when a marriage proposal comes for them from an NRI? What is the girls comfort level? Does she feel confident about him (specially his foreign past)? Is she ready to face whatever comes in a foreign land?

Well, it depends on those who want to go abroad and those who dont. One of my cousin's was really  happy & the other said no cause she doesnt want to leave india.

Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?

Well, from what i've heard, families would be happy that a guy got a proposal from a girl who is an NRI...the guy could now go abroad.

Well I am already married in the above category (the last para, right above this one). However mera DOST arahaa hai idhaar arranged marriage karne LOLEmbarrassed!

(I dont drink alcohol and I've never been a flirt or party animal LOL - dunno why I said that LOL)

^^i agree!

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Crimson_Sky

@ Jess:
You in USA? Smile ...me from Sweden.

Anyways,

"Again, how do the Indian family members feel about their bride from abroad (that is, when one of your NRI relative/grandson/brother marries from abroad)? What can be the adjustment issues or feelings?

Well, from what i've heard, families would be happy that a guy got a proposal from a girl who is an NRI...the guy could now go abroad. "

I guess there was a misinterpretation here. I meant when the NRI boy married a FOREIGN GIRL. As we call "Gori" (though I would like to call a foreign girl, but still to make things more clearSmile). I meant, what can be the adjustment issues, or feelings... there.

But I agree with you on the "Indian girl for an NRI" issue. All Indian girls are surely not dying to reach a foreign soil (I want to believe that myself really).

As for your description about visiting India. Well I can understand :). I have been in Sweden since I were a little more than 2. I came India for a month or two but very rarely, 2 or 3 visits my entire life. Now I will be here for a year with my wife (who is Swedish). In my sister's place Smile, who married here in India Smile.

Oh okay...i was gonna ask you if thats what you meant but i just went with what i thought.

Well, i think most family members in india might be upset if their guy relative in Abroad married a non-indian girl AKA a gori. But i think they'll get over it...especially if they meet the girl and like her :)
I know a guy who married a gori & he took her india once & his family members all loved her!

But i think that if the guy lives with his parents abroad and they dont care if he marries a gori, than ultimately thats what counts :)

& yea i live in US :D

Edited by Jess. - 26 December 2009 at 11:27pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top