Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:50am | IP Logged
New Kid: Kavi Shastri

Kavi Shastri, young actor from London was seen in a small role in Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal and now he is making his TV debut in Rishta.com on January, 2010 through Yash Raj.He plays a character called Rohan Mehra.

About his character

He plays Rohan Mehra, a classic playful women's man. His charisma always gets him enough attention from women. At work, Rohan is laidback, cool and almost callous with finding the right match, but his unmistakable instinct always helps him figure the right match.

We spoke to Kavi Shastri about his big TV debut

"I did love Aaj Kal with Saif Ali Khan and this made me do more work back in Mumbai and so for this role of Rohan I gave auditions in Yash Raj, and after long waiting finally I got selected for Rishta.com."

Further, he told us, "My lovely family is in London and even my brother is also back there so I am just jealous as in London it's snowing. It is fun to be in Mumbai. I am taking Hindi lessons from Vikas Kumar who is also in the Powder show and so I am in the learning process reading script too."

To know more about Kavi Shastri

Birth Date: 19th February 1986

Interests: Reading, movies and love to drink.

When did the acting bug bite? At the age 9th I went to drama school and my dad told me to join acting school instead of playing soccer.

Favourite Actor:
Shahrukh Khan, Al Pacino

Favourite Actress:
Madhuri Dixit, Julia Roberts

Favourite Film: It has to be Dilwale Dhulanniya.and God father 2

A role I would love to reprise: I think Aamir Khan of Dil Chahta Hai

Did you attend acting classes? First in Padmini Kolapure Acting School and at Italia Conti Academy.

Preconceived notion of the television industry: Back home in London, every actor loves to do TV shows and also be in films while in India-film stars can't do TV shows, they hesitate, which is odd."

If not an actor:
Lawyer.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=New-Kid-Kavi-Shastri&xfile=2009/December/News_20091224_122

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

angelicsmilebluedollie-sumaiya-bhavana92Binkycoolnisha_fun87ShiningStar18PinkSugars-Aicha-nimrah-Hina-minuuRagMasta-bhootni-SobtiObsession..-Jia-..HotMessindiandoll89

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Kid: Kavi Shastri-Article" in Rishta.Com forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SobtiObsession

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 8:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Toshibest

Groupbie

Toshibest

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 5:48am | IP Logged

nice answers!!

thanks for the article

RagMasta

IF-Sizzlerz

RagMasta

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article! cant wait to see how he will do in the show!

Hummy

Goldie

Hummy

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
cool saw him in LAK n thort he was a london lad wid his accent n all.

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article, Shru :-)

So he's born and brought up in London?? What was his role in LAK though? :S I don't recall seeing him there :S lol

bluedollie

Goldie

bluedollie

Posted: 02 January 2010 at 9:43am | IP Logged
The show seems impressive...its quite different....i wish they made shows like these more often and filmstars did cameos in tv shows like they do abroad...anyways thanks...

ShiningStar18

IF-Rockerz

ShiningStar18

Posted: 02 January 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article...Can't wait to see him in the show...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top