Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

How to tell desi parents about Boyfriend!? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Jiannax143

IF-Rockerz

Jiannax143

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
i agree^ tell ur mom or dad depending on their temper lol..i told my dad and he wasnt happy but my older sis and bro both got to marry who ever they loved so my parents didnt have a reason to be against our relationship

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How to tell desi parents about Boyfriend!? (Page 2)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku2cute

IF-Veteran Member

anku2cute

-

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
I guess just introduce the guy to ur parents....Like as a friends..And slowly tell ur mum or dad abt it....

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
how old are you? if ur 16/17 then i think ur parents will be furious.

i think u shd tell ur mum when shes in a pretty good mood, or u could get someone to tell them on your behalf, could be someone who knows both you and your parents like cousin, sibling etc. Also, mention that someone else is delivering this msg on ur behalf cuz u respect em and are afraid of their reaction, your parents might then see a different side to your story and may accept it and look more in to it,

royalty

royalty

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
I think for now I will just wait and see what happens, and when times right I hope everything will just work out:)
Like they say, if its meant to be it will find a way - i really do believe in that so hopefully one day I have enough strength to bring this up with my rents, however if they decide to bring this up then I will tell them:)
thank u all!
and im 20 years old, not 16/17 lol =)

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
^ Aww In that case wait 2 years love, it's better that way trust me. Best of luck, hope everyting works out.

royalty

royalty

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Yeah i guess:)
im sure by the time im 23 then my rents will start asking me or suggesting guys=/.. but then I should tell them about my choice and hopefully they agree because to be honest they have no reason to say no:) *fingers crossed*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti--

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 11:47am | IP Logged
^ lol yeah, I've already had this convo with my mom. I was like, mum I hope you don't expect me to get an arranged marriage. We joke about it a bit, but my dad I think would be okay with it too if I introduced someone to them.

But my parents are a bit narrow-minded about some things too, so I wonder how they would react if the guy was non-Indian or non-Hindu. The idealist in me hopes they would be accepting towards anyone who is a good person.. whenever I find him, that is. :)

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 03 January 2010 at 9:05am | IP Logged
I know it must be hard to bring it up
But the sooner you tell them, the better it will be
Like someone said, talk to whover you're closer to, when they're not busy or annoyed and have time to listen to you properly
Maybe bring it up after you've watched a romantic film, or when you're atlking about your day, or something
If he's a good guy, the only problem they will have is that you know what you're doin
Other than that Im sure they just want you to be happy so just convince them that you are happy with him
Good luck :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top