Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

How to tell desi parents about Boyfriend!?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

royalty

royalty

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Hi EveryoneSmile
Well to start off, I'd like to say I have an account on this site to which i forgot my password so now I made this new account:(
Anyways I need some helpppp.
As being an Indian, i'm not really allowed to date/have a bf. Buh I do and i Love him a lot but i also love my parents and dont ever want to hurt them. They think that I might do something that I will regret but I am old enough to know what is right and wrong and I wont do anything of that sort:)
My boyfriend is a really sweet guy who listens to my problems and understands everything, the question is how do I ever tell ym parents about this guy and that i wanna marry him?
I dont know how to even spark a conversation about dating and having a bf, its really hard:(

Do any of you people have past experiences as such, please feel free to share=D

thank you in advance and hopefully I find a perfect way to convince my parents to meet my boyfriend and know that he is the one for me :)
Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How to tell desi parents about Boyfriend!?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Just tell them you're dating. They know it's going to happen sooner or later, they just hope later. Don't keep it from them. And if they are really mad say just that: "Would you rather I kept it a secret?" They know that you're responsible, they just worry.

When you do tell them don't just spring him on them one day. Show your parents you can approach this in an adult way. Sit down and talk openly and honestly with them. Believe me when I say that your parents don't want you to live in a boy-less bubble forever. They want you to be happy and loved. Talk to them about him, show his good side and how he makes you feel. Tell them how wonderfully he treats you. Show your parents he is very respectful of your heart and mind and body. But do it gradually.

All The Best :)

love_vs_hate

Goldie

love_vs_hate

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 3:49am | IP Logged

Who is near to U? Ur MOM or Ur Dad? Whoever is near to U firstly talk to him/her... Say,hey Mom do u know that family??? How to tell that how much they r gud...! Their Son is such a nice friend of Mine.. I Like Him... and describe all the qualities of that guy..Embarrassed  Don't Give them a shock in first attempt... tell them later that u r in love with him... that's wt i thought... Best of Luck... Rest is ur choice... and yeah! tension leney ka nahi deney ka.. so dont worry sweety... have a nice life ahead... Big smile Thumbs Up

Edited by love_vs_hate - 26 December 2009 at 3:51am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shital46princessonline

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged
hmm...itz really difficult...atleast i dnt thnk i'll b able to say all these to my parents...m scared really....hope ur parents arent that much strict...u can start by saying that therez a frnd of urs who helps u all d tym n all that n then if ur parents knw his family u can mention abt that....n then gradually discuss abt the whole thing..bt dnt give them a shock by saying u luv him at once...n if u r planning to get married then u can evn introduce him n his family to ur parents...i guess its safer....datswhat one of my frnd's elder sis did...they were dating fr yrs n wen both were eligible fr marriage the guy came to her house along wid his family n it was a good meeting fr them!...anyways gud luck....n let us knw wat happens!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shital46

royalty

royalty

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
It is really hard for me to bring up with topic to them, I just cannot do it. I am really hoping my mom says something about letting me choose a suitable guy only then i can let her know that i do have a guy in mind and that she should meet him and his family. Thank you for your responses:)

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
I don't know too much about your life obviously, or your relationship with your parents, but this is what I think. It's always good to tell our parents whatever it is rather than hide it. You sound sensible based on your post, and you sound certain so that's good. Don't beat around the bush. Just sit them down and say that you've been thinking about your life and your future, and that you've met someone that you can see sharing both with.

Having said that, before you can tell your parents you're dating someone and that you are the best person to make the decisions in your life, I think it's fair to sort of prove to them that you can. I mean, think about what you have accomplished so far in life, and how best you can show your parents that you are thoughtful and cautious about the future, and that your decisions are mature rather than impulsive. I think once you are confident your behaviour shows those things and that your parents are able to see that, then you can expect them to respect that it's your life and your decision. Good luck!

love_vs_hate

Goldie

love_vs_hate

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Look,if u will take this matter lightly u can do more better if u said how to tell wht to do, it will make big prob for U ,so plz dont worry and do that wht ever v ppl said U..ok! do blv on GOD and everything will be fine.. ok!

Edited by love_vs_hate - 26 December 2009 at 10:29pm

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by love_vs_hate

Who is near to U? Ur MOM or Ur Dad? Whoever is near to U firstly talk to him/her... Say,hey Mom do u know that family??? How to tell that how much they r gud...! Their Son is such a nice friend of Mine.. I Like Him... and describe all the qualities of that guy..Embarrassed  Don't Give them a shock in first attempt... tell them later that u r in love with him... that's wt i thought... Best of Luck... Rest is ur choice... and yeah! tension leney ka nahi deney ka.. so dont worry sweety... have a nice life ahead... Big smile Thumbs Up

I agree, that is actually one of the best ways to tell them. In a way you won't have to worry bout telling both your mom and dad because they'll probably end up telling eachother!

Goodluck

xoxox

Post Reply New Post

Go to top