Pakistani Serials

Pakistan records sensational victory

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Milee

Milee

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

Hi guys..................First,....of all  congrats...............On pakistan's victory.............................

hane done reallly well and they deserve a victory....

Pakistan records sensational victory

MULTAN (PAKISTAN), NOV 16 (AP) Pakistan's leg-spinner Danish Kaneria and paceman Shoaib Akhtar today scripted a sensational 22-run victory against England in the first cricket test of the three-match series.

England, needing 198 for victory, was bowled o

Danish Kaneria

out for 175 midway into the second session on the last day as Kaneria routed England's top order with four for 62 and Akhtar finished off the tail with three for 49.

Mohammad Sami takes the wicket of Paul Collingwood

England got a formidable first innings lead of 144 runs after it made 418 in reply to Pakistan's 274. Pakistan was bowled out for 341 in its second innings yesterday and it left England needing 198 runs for victory. Mohammad Sami Wicketkeeper-batsman Geraint Jones was the top-scorer for England with 33. He added 49 runs for the eighth wicket with Shaun Udal (18) to give England a glimmer of hope after the visitors had slumped to 117 for seven. However, once Jones dragged Akhtar's delivery back onto his stumps after lunch, Kaneria knocked back Udal's middle-stump to make it 166 for nine. Number 11 batsman Steve Harmison hit two fours before Akhtar finished off the match when Younis Khan grabbed a two handed diving catch in front of him in the first slip.

England, needing 174 runs on the last day, hobbled to 138 for seven by lunch with their Ashes heroes Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen departing cheaply. Overnight batsmen Ian Bell (31) and Andrew Strauss (23) saw off the three-over spell of Akhtar after England resumed at the overnight 24 for 1. They added further 40 runs before Kaneria spun his magic and removed both batsmen in his third over of the day.
Shoaib Akhtar Bell got a big edge to wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal while three balls later, Strauss offered a simple catch in the slip. Sami pushed England further back when he had Paul Collingwood trapped leg before to make it 67-4. Flintoff (11) tried to release the pressure with two boundaries before Kaneria lured him to play an expansive stroke and gave an easy catch to Younis Khan at deep deep mid-wicket. Geraint Jones

Pietersen's run of poor scores on the tour continued when Sami found a thin edge of his bat behind the wickets with England still needing 97 runs for victory.

Akhtar changed ends for his second spell and uprooted Ashley Giles (14) middle and leg stumps with England slipping their way to 117-7. Andrew Strauss

Shoaib Akhtar grabs a stump after dismissing Steve Harmison

Celebration time...........

England captain Michael Vaughan

Well i should say dat both teams played brilliantly........inshahallsh pakistan will win the reast of da matches too................and England hopefully will gain victory....coz england is really good team...

In the game of cricket there are always ups and down....so agar ajj pak huva hai...tu pehle england ne bhi tu Australia se victory hasal ki thi...............Clapwhich.....every1 knows indeed......

So guys...post ur views.....

Edited by Milee - 16 November 2005 at 12:30pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pakistan records sensational victory" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dashing Boy

IF-Dazzler

Dashing Boy

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
thanx for informing me, after hearing about engalnd's target i lost the hope but im happy that pakistan won the match. Smile

Maha21

IF-Veteran Member

Maha21

Sony Channel

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Awesome... After yesterday's scores, i had lost hope about a Pakistani win too...

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
yayyyyyyyyy Clap Go Pak Team Go
Thanx for the article
i was soooooooooooooooooooo happy when i heard that Pak win
n now the article
thanx again

saarahkhann

IF-Dazzler

saarahkhann

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Yayyy i m soo happy for our team..hope they keep on winning matches...Congratulations to all the cricket lovers!!

saarahkhann

IF-Dazzler

saarahkhann

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
thanx for posting the article Milee Smile

by the way mohd sami is looking soo scary in this pic

KK-LUV-Sumit

Groupbie

KK-LUV-Sumit

Posted: 17 November 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged
wow.......... g8t article.....thanx for posting milee...........
Pakisatn is strong team if they try best they could win against any other team....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top