Debate Mansion

why are LIFTS COMPULSORY FOR INDIAN SHOWS?? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 7

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 7

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged
lol :s

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "why are LIFTS COMPULSORY FOR INDIAN SHOWS?? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh c'mon seriously? Its the part of the whole package - Bollywood romance. How would cheesy hearts out there be fulfilled if the girl's dupatta didn't get caught in her sandal and she tripped and the guy came to her rescue, where they share a  nice long 30-second eyelock session? What would girls on India Forums do? Where would they go? Why are you trying to close down this forum? Do you know how much the number of discussions increase the day there is a nice long romantic scene on one of them Ekta shows?

These shows aren't meant to be REAL. As much as I hate them, I don't think even Ekta intends to portray reality. You want reality - look out your window.

And the girl picking up the guy - oh my lawd, are you kidding me? Is this some kind of new feministic theory? Even Hollywood isn't as progressive when it comes to romance. Granted a leading lady in an action movie is reasonable, the whole idea of a girl picking up the guy in her arms is beyond ludicrous and even you will laugh hysterically if it ever happens on a movie or serial.

WHY NOT????? is it some kind of rule that the gal's weight always have to be less? NOPE.......the gal can weigh more.........i had once heard that tusshar kapoor couldnt lift esha deol for a movie "123"...coz eshas weight was more.....broke poor tusshar's backCry

@ bold underlined:ROFL

I swear this extent of feminism makes me puke. Why are you hell bent on ruining it for all of us gals out there? You can carry your groom to the mandap, spare us the misery, please. LOLLOL

I feel sorry for Esha, scrawny ol' Tusshar needs to get his act together and hit the gym. LOL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Oh c'mon seriously? Its the part of the whole package - Bollywood romance. How would cheesy hearts out there be fulfilled if the girl's dupatta didn't get caught in her sandal and she tripped and the guy came to her rescue, where they share a  nice long 30-second eyelock session? What would girls on India Forums do? Where would they go? Why are you trying to close down this forum? Do you know how much the number of discussions increase the day there is a nice long romantic scene on one of them Ekta shows?

They all can grow up and focus on concrete things.
Tongue

These shows aren't meant to be REAL. As much as I hate them, I don't think even Ekta intends to portray reality. You want reality - look out your window.

And the girl picking up the guy - oh my lawd, are you kidding me? Is this some kind of new feministic theory? Even Hollywood isn't as progressive when it comes to romance. Granted a leading lady in an action movie is reasonable, the whole idea of a girl picking up the guy in her arms is beyond ludicrous and even you will laugh hysterically if it ever happens on a movie or serial.

I am pretty sure they had female lifting men in DWTS this year. I cant remember the performances though. But yes some are laugh out loud. Like Joanna and Derek in this Mambo at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-igBLkbOxVs

To get why it is funny watch their original performance here

Hey but whats wrong with girls lifting guys. I've had a couple of friends give their boyfriends piggy back rides or lift them while dancing just to be goofy. It is quite cute.

Although honestly, I was unaware of any lift rules in TV. I don't notice trivial stuff. But yeah I sure do seem to comment on them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with girls lifting guys. But please oh please tell me what's wrong with guys lifting girls? I'm oh so curious. LOL

Thanks for the videos. LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 7:19pm | IP Logged

There's absolutely nothing wrong with girls lifting guys. But please oh please tell me what's wrong with guys lifting girls? I'm oh so curious. LOL

Thanks for the videos. LOL

Absolutely nothing. I was unaware they are compulsory. It would be silly to have anything compulsory. But then TV hain bhaiya, masala tadka lagta hain.

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 10:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by krystal_watz

WHY NOT????? is it some kind of rule that the gal's weight always have to be less? NOPE.......the gal can weigh more.........i had once heard that tusshar kapoor couldnt lift esha deol for a movie "123"...coz eshas weight was more.....broke poor tusshar's backCry

@ bold underlined:ROFL

I swear this extent of feminism makes me puke. Why are you hell bent on ruining it for all of us gals out there? You can carry your groom to the mandap, spare us the misery, please. LOLLOL

I feel sorry for Esha, scrawny ol' Tusshar needs to get his act together and hit the gym. LOL

whoa! calm down and take a deep breath, girl! whoever said anything bout feminism here? it was just a curious question put up by a humble soul whose mind is incredibly baffled by the indispensability of weight-lifting on indian soaps- i just had me worrying whats so particularly "romantic" about them that no soap worth its TRPs can do without it....thats all!!!! Confused

why do some ppl go off like a shotgun at the slightest of trigger pushing?( read reading some thing that smells remotely "feminist")Cry
LOL

Edited by krystal_watz - 27 December 2009 at 10:30pm

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
and btw, tushar is no scrawny ol' fella.....he carries prachi in "life partner"..Evil Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top