Debate Mansion

isnt this religious bias too????? (Page 54)

Post Reply New Post

Page 54 of 55

cuckoocutter

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "isnt this religious bias too????? (Page 54)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by Believe

Every Holybooks are good.....we can read /understand different kind holy comments / views/ Ideas about life n other things but practicaly who think these holy words fultime...Imposible...Big smile

So they can be interpreted the way they want to? if that is the case, then how is it that the one who interprets their religious scriptures as condoning premarital relation is wrong, but then again, you can go on twisting and curving those very same words to fit your own needs? Why is this picking and choosing, if I may ask? It's extremely hypocritical that some people think it's okay for them to pick and choose what they wish to follow and what they do not, but for others - it's not applicable.

True..I do agree...specifically each different religion tht has a 'God' according to their 'religions' depiction / interpretation of their 'God' or 'Way of living'....depending on which human beings are participating wth this word 'God' as 'their God' according to 'their religion' within differentiations of belief and faith,will naturally make a difference to the interpretation/definition of the word 'God'....There is no need to (blindly) believe in anything - tha is the fundamental of science. That is the sceitific apporch to realy is do not (just blindly) believe, inquire.... The moment we believe (blindly), inquiry stops.... I think we should,keep your mind open - neither believe nor disbelieve. Just remain alert and search and doubt everything until you come to a point which is indubitable - that's what truth is....

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 3:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Every Holybooks are good.....we can read /understand different kind holy comments / views/ Ideas about life n other things but practicaly who think these holy words fultime...Imposible...Big smile

So they can be interpreted the way they want to? if that is the case, then how is it that the one who interprets their religious scriptures as condoning premarital relation is wrong, but then again, you can go on twisting and curving those very same words to fit your own needs? Why is this picking and choosing, if I may ask? It's extremely hypocritical that some people think it's okay for them to pick and choose what they wish to follow and what they do not, but for others - it's not applicable.

True..I do agree...specifically each different religion tht has a 'God' according to their 'religions' depiction / interpretation of their 'God' or 'Way of living'....depending on which human beings are participating wth this word 'God' as 'their God' according to 'their religion' within differentiations of belief and faith,will naturally make a difference to the interpretation/definition of the word 'God'....There is no need to (blindly) believe in anything - tha is the fundamental of science. That is the sceitific apporch to realy is do not (just blindly) believe, inquire.... The moment we believe (blindly), inquiry stops.... I think we should,keep your mind open - neither believe nor disbelieve. Just remain alert and search and doubt everything until you come to a point which is indubitable - that's what truth is....
It is said that enlightenment comes in a flash.LOL
But it is not easy to be able to hold on to it unless we have the capacity.
I recommend

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

answer to ur post- no they dont represent islam, but the things which are written in them are written in the Qur'an as well.......................the koran itself forbids women marrying into other religions.

yup, but fearing for ur own religion should be present in all religions right? then why is islam particularly so cautious about it?

and secondly if u see it that way- its is quite ok if someone else comes to my family and takes up my religion, but it will NOT  be okay when my daughter will do the same with other religions if she marries outside- encourage conversion to islam, but discourage the other way round.....koi mere ghar pe aakar rahe aur mere jaise chale to thik hai, par mere ghar se koi aisa nahi karga dusro ke ghar jaake..............thats hypocricy in my opinion.

Just wanted to add one point that this term "hypocrisy" gets thrown around a lot. Sometimes without caring about the meaning. I thought that one is hypocrite when one claims to have certain beliefs, but, in fact, that person doesnt have those beliefs, etc (I may be wrong about the meaning).

So how is one hypocrite if someone from certain religion has some beliefs and follows them strictly?

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Just wanted to add one point that this term "hypocrisy" gets thrown around a lot. Sometimes without caring about the meaning. I thought that one is hypocrite when one claims to have certain beliefs, but, in fact, that person doesnt have those beliefs, etc (I may be wrong about the meaning).

So how is one hypocrite if someone from certain religion has some beliefs and follows them strictly?

She probably meant double standards.

thanks emtiness ClapClapClap

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
^^ ok I see you meant double standards. My point was that word "hypocrisy" gets thrown around a lot even when it doesn't fit. (I too do it many times).

Regarding bias, selfishness and all. I already made a different topic.

Regarding double standards: I will post some views later. Is having double standards always bad according to you? or it is bad only when it is used in derogatory way for one group.?

Edited by karandel_2008 - 07 January 2010 at 9:04pm

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
double standards are hypocritical..

to say that its fine if the other person converts but its not fine the other way round.thats expressive of a  megalomaniac mindset.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top