Debate Mansion

isnt this religious bias too????? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 55

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

in a muslim family...if the son of the family marries a girl from a different religion, the families are ok with them.....but if a daughter  does the same, the same family members see red.

pure hypocricy if u ask me.

LOL

i knw

Im christian... and my maa is iyer

her nephew's muslim wife got diswoned by her family....and they have a kid who is 5-6 yrs old...

where as i know quite a few muslim families fine with their other religion daughters in law..

usually the stories are...both the families are fine after the arrival of children into the union ..but this doesnt apply to all quarters i guess

Edited by carolinecj - 25 December 2009 at 12:59pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "isnt this religious bias too????? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by gengarjetty2

guess it depends on personal taste.. in mumbai or chennai girls like the lean muscles guys with the goatee and spiked hair :P

So thats why some of my friends try to grow that stupid goatee and have more gel in their hair in one night than a girl uses in her lifetime.

yeah gel sucks btw.. once tried it and made my hair so thin i had to use castor oil to restore its volume Confused i dont see the point of gel LOL

Is castor oil really good for volume? i mean the normal one..?

Or isit the herbal castor oil?  I am using this herba castor crap and it does nothing but stinks my hair up?

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Muslim guys are hot. Muslim girls are hot too. Its a hit or miss with Hindus. So why would a hot girl settle for a lesser guy.

i hope that was a poor joke. personally i never ever found a muslim guy hot not even online so let alone in real life. and about girls i dont know about marriage but i surely know a lot of muslims girls who flirt with other religion hot guys. now marriage is another thing all together. they dont want their nose and ears slithered right?Dead

Its not a joke. I don't claim it to be a fact either.

But I am entitled to my personal opinion of finding Muslims hot right?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvlyMeena1

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Actually thats true but i will call it gender bias.

I think it is more of a case of gender bias. It is true that in many Muslim families, they set different standards for their boys and girls. The logic appears that the daughter in law usually becomes closer to the inlaws family and can be made to convert/follow house principles. However, the daughter will go to a new house and will get immersed in a new culture and new religion and get detached from hers.

Anyway. it is an interesting contrast to Jewish families. Amidst the Jews, religion is from the mothers side. A Jewish man marries outside the religion, his kids are not automatically Jewish. However, if a woman marries outside the religion, the kids are automatically Jewish until they convert otherwise. So Jewish families are ok with girls marrying outside, but more resistant to boys marrying outside.

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
yup....so its actually more to do with the conservancy of the faith..........but at the cost of individual freedoms.......

its so sad...........everywhere in society......we see so many muslim boys marrying non-muslim women, yet so few the reverse..........it is generally observed that muslim girls, even when given the choice, do not opt for a non-muslim male, whereas hindu/ christian females happily chase muslim males.........this is from personal expeiriences.

take the instance of the mughal period.........aoo many inter-religious marriages occurred at that point...........akbar, his son salim and many other muslim courtiers and ministers of the era had hindu wives.........rajput rulers of the era used to give their daughters in marriage to mughal rulers for political alliances...but no muslim ruler is ever known to have given his daughter in marriage to a hindu lord/king.

Edited by krystal_watz - 25 December 2009 at 11:32pm

idk_4u

idk_4u

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 12:35am | IP Logged

in a muslim family...if the son of the family marries a girl from a different religion, the families are ok with them.....but if a daughter does the same, the same family members see red.

pure hypocricy if u ask me.

eh????  hypocricyLOL

its not abt religion.... in a hindu family aswell it is a great issue if a hindu girl marries a muslim guy!!!!!!

Edited by idk_4u - 26 December 2009 at 12:39am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ram92

idk_4u

idk_4u

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 12:38am | IP Logged

ok guys can somebody answer me this question...........WHY do we always find hindu girls getting married to muslim guys....but so few instances of muslim gals marrying hindu guys?
look around u and u find that almost 90% of all hindu-muslim marriages have the eqation: muslim guy+ hindu girl.......whikle the other one is 10% or less.......(approx)

why????

hmmmmmm...... all the hindu girls who have married a muslim pls stand up and anwer thisTongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top