Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Can you omit religon for Marriage! (Page 7)

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

@Sarina- But that is the point of faith, Sarina. You do not have to prove it to anyone, if you yourself believe it, then it is there. As long as you can prove it to yourself. Faith comes from within. Proving/Disproving is bringing the scientific outlook into religion - and we've been down that road one too many times. Tongue

Ajnu ji, I am not asking anything to be proven disproven. Be it God or love, both can be a matter of faith. Don't you think you are asking a too rational outlook on love by trying to define true love. It all boils down to if you believe in it or not, and what means more to you.
jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
ok I am back (as if I didnt chicken out after seeing Ajnu equipped with around 20 daggers) Wink

@Ajnu: the point is that in my argument I am already assuming that if it is true love then what?

You see True love has the word true in it and hence it is assumed to be the truth.

Whereas true belief or true faith have no meaning because that will be called  fact then.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 24 December 2009 at 2:54pm
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

oh and my heart is fine. my shrink  told me so.

gnite ajnu and sarina!

and HOE HOE HOE MERRRYY CHRISTMASS!

Good night OBJ. Go to another doctor and check the esophagus and intestine regarding all your heartburn (aka acid reflux). Tongue
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

oh and my heart is fine. my shrink  told me so.

gnite ajnu and sarina!

and HOE HOE HOE MERRRYY CHRISTMASS!

Then go get your head checked. Tongue Night!
karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Some more points:
 One should always question the faith and belief  because they are not proven to be correct.

My attempt to define Love (Its not needed for my argument as I told you before and it may be incorrect) : Love is a feeling that can be felt by almost everyone. Its something like pain that can be felt but it cannot be shown to everyone.

False Love will be when one doesnt feel that feeling and still one claims of feeling it.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 24 December 2009 at 2:59pm
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

@Sarina- But that is the point of faith, Sarina. You do not have to prove it to anyone, if you yourself believe it, then it is there. As long as you can prove it to yourself. Faith comes from within. Proving/Disproving is bringing the scientific outlook into religion - and we've been down that road one too many times. Tongue

Ajnu ji, I am not asking anything to be proven disproven. Be it God or love, both can be a matter of faith. Don't you think you are asking a too rational outlook on love by trying to define true love. It all boils down to if you believe in it or not, and what means more to you.

Stop calling me "Ajnu ji" Ouch. Mmm, first of all, I was pulling Karan's leg, I won't lie. LOL Then the debate took a turn and I'm wondering how "love" is different from "true love". My question is is true love only a romantic love? Or doesn't it also apply when you refer to your family?
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

Some more points:
 One should always question the faith and belief  because they are not proven to be correct.

My attempt to define Love (Its not needed for my argument as I told you before and it may be incorrect) : Love is a feeling that can be felt by almost everyone. Its something like pain that can be felt but it cannot be shown to everyone.

False Love will be when one doesnt feel that feeling and still one claims of feeling it.

You edited. Ouch Agreed on both ends though - faith must be questioned. and good job defining love! was pulling your leg on 'true love' - you seemed to know the art too well. Wink

Go to top