Debate Mansion

Can you omit religon for Marriage! (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 11

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Originally posted by karandel_2008

If faith is strong enough, it can never be "omitted", perhaps compromised at a certain level, but never omitted. I'm not quite sure why we automatically jump to parents, society, and other things rather than ourselves and what we think.

Define strong enough in the case of faith. Tongue

I think even if faith is strong enough, it can always be omitted if it is out of sync with reality and logic.

If faith is strong enough, then it would never be out of sync with reality in the first place. Tongue

Dagger for you: There can be at least two things:

- Either we dont know if it is in sync with reality and logic.
 - or it will actually be called as fact.

Dagger for me: True love itself is an example of strong faith Wink

Well, in the reality vs. truth discussion, I think we ended up agreeing that truth is absolute whereas reality is relative. If that is the case, then strong faith (right or wrong) could never be out of sync because it is what we perceive to be our reality. And for the second part of the dagger, faith is a fact. It is a fact that I believe in God. God does not have to be a fact, but my belief in him is a fact.

Mmm, I don't know, you still haven't told me what true love is. How would I know if its an example of strong faith or not. Tongue

wait I never agreed that reality is relative. If you prefer you may replace reality by truth in my sentences. (brb)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you omit religon for Marriage! (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

Mmm, I don't know, you still haven't told me what true love is. How would I know if its an example of strong faith or not. Tongue

Because you do not know if it exists or not. You cannot prove it, disprove it or define it. All you can do is believe in it. Some people claim to have found it, some people deny it, some people are in two minds.

Sounds like some other force I've heard of. Tongue

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
I edited out the previous post - refer back to it, por favor!

@Karan - oopsie, okay, forget truth and reality then. Let's make the two terms exchangeable in this topic. :)

@Sarina- But that is the point of faith, Sarina. You do not have to prove it to anyone, if you yourself believe it, then it is there. As long as you can prove it to yourself. Faith comes from within. Proving/Disproving is bringing the scientific outlook into religion - and we've been down that road one too many times. Tongue

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

no, i'm taller than you, little miss 5 foot 0 inches LOL it hit me straight in the heart Broken Heart

She's not that short. Computing for the added height. The dagger struck you in the chin. 

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

no, i'm taller than you, little miss 5 foot 0 inches LOL it hit me straight in the heart Broken Heart

FIRST of all - I'm NOT 5 feet. AngryAngry I'm 5'4.5" to be exact, 'kay?

And secondly, everything hits you in the heart - you need to get that heart of your's checked. Tongue

@Sarina - thankooo. LOL

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 24 December 2009 at 2:26pm

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:28pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top