Debate Mansion

Can you omit religon for Marriage! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 11

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

If faith is strong enough, it can never be "omitted", perhaps compromised at a certain level, but never omitted. I'm not quite sure why we automatically jump to parents, society, and other things rather than ourselves and what we think.

Define strong enough in the case of faith. Tongue

I think even if faith is strong enough, it can always be omitted if it is out of sync with reality and logic.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you omit religon for Marriage! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by karandel_2008

I will disagree with anything that creates hurdle for true love.

Hmm, okay. But define true love.

If family stands in the way of "true love", then are they considered a hurdle? Do you also not love your family, and does your family also not love you? Is that love not "true"?

Not attacking your thoughts, just adding fuel to the fire, if you will. ;)

I would not literally call family a hurdle in the way of love (true or whatever it be). However, sometimes family can make it emotionally wrenching. Family may love you, and want the best for you; but they are not perfect and will not always know what is best for you. Family does not see the world the way you do, and in that sense may not be able to see that someone of a different race, nationality, religion can be the best thing for you. Family does not always feel the emotions as you do and does not think the same thoughts as you, so they may not understand what you need and want in a marriage.

That by no means family is a hurdle or loves you any less. It just means that life is a bitch and damned if you do, damned if you don't.  LOL

Regarding true Love: It is already the assumption of this topic. so lets assume that it is true love. It may not be defined, but it can be felt.

I see RTH already countered one dagger meant for me :p

To continue if it is the case of  "damned if you do, damned if you don't.". The better choice is the right one. If parents are creating the hurdle over some invalid/illogical reason then they are wrong.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 24 December 2009 at 1:59pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged

If faith is strong enough, it can never be "omitted", perhaps compromised at a certain level, but never omitted. I'm not quite sure why we automatically jump to parents, society, and other things rather than ourselves and what we think.

I think even if faith is strong enough, it can always be omitted if it is out of sync with reality and logic.

If faith is strong enough, then it would never be out of sync with reality in the first place. Tongue

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

If faith is strong enough, then it would never be out of sync with reality in the first place. Tongue

Dagger for you: There can be at least two things:

- Either we dont know if it is in sync with reality and logic.
 - or it will actually be called as fact or something that is proven.

Dagger for me: True love itself is an example of strong faith Winkor not?

Edited by karandel_2008 - 24 December 2009 at 2:13pm

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

- or it will actually be called as fact or something that is proven.

Dagger for me: True love itself is an example of strong faith Wink

Clap

lets see ajnu dagger that! Tongue

oh my I thought that will go against me and was innocently handing that dagger to ajnu and thats why called it "for me".
(I will be back in few minutes)

Edited by karandel_2008 - 24 December 2009 at 2:15pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

- or it will actually be called as fact.

Well, in the reality vs. truth discussion, I think we ended up agreeing that truth is absolute whereas reality is relative. If that is the case, then strong faith (right or wrong) could never be out of sync because it is what we perceive to be our reality. And for the second part of the dagger, faith is a fact. It is a fact that I believe in God. God does not have to be a fact, but my belief in him is a fact.

Mmm, I don't know, you still haven't told me what true love is. How would I know if its an example of strong faith or not. Tongue

Editing to say- Faith, in terms of religion, and faith in the one you love are two different things. Question is, are you compromising one over the other when you pick? ;) Also, I guess it depends on the situation - two individuals could keep their respective religions and proceed on with marriage their faith still strong. But sometimes people convert to a different religion for the sole purpose of marriage - are they not compromising one sense of faith over the other? In that case, is either faith "strong"? And more importantly, is it true love then if you're sacrificing your faith for the one you love? ;)

Sorry - brought in too many different tangents here. See if you can make sense of it.

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 24 December 2009 at 2:21pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Clap

lets see ajnu dagger that! Tongue

oh my I thought that will go against me and was innocently handing that dagger to ajnu and thats why called it "for me".

That's what I thought, Karan, obviously it went over Joe's head. Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top