Page 1
Page   of 96
Page 3 Page 96

gaganspidey

IF-Dazzler

gaganspidey

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

He then met B.P. Singh, who tried him out in Aahat. Then he came into CID.

Is that episode of Aahat available ?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Aditya - outdated thread. (Page 2)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:03am | IP Logged
I have very vague memories of having seen Aditya Srivastav in a serial called '9 Malabar Hill' (on Zee TV) along with Renuka Shahane. He played the role of a fisherman (wearing triangular lungi and stuff). This was in early 1998 or so, before he entered CID. When I saw him as Abhijeet in CID, I recognised him as the guy in the other serial. Actually my mother used to watch 9 Malabar Hill.  I've never seen Aditya in any other serial on TV.
Anyone remembers this serial??? Maybe many of you were toddlers then Smile

Edited by visrom - 25 January 2010 at 7:18am

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I have very vague memories of having seen Aditya Srivastav in a serial called '9 Malabar Hill' along with Renuka Shahane. He played the role of a fisherman (wearing triangularlungi and stuff). This was in early 1998 or so, before he entered CID. When I saw him as Abhijeet in CID, I recognised him as the guy in the other serial. Actually my mother used to watch 9 Malabar Hill.
Anyone remembers this serial??? Maybe many of you were toddlers then Smile
Yes, my mom used to watch it. I remember watching it with her. But I was a baby and don't remember much.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gaganspidey

He then met B.P. Singh, who tried him out in Aahat. Then he came into CID.<br>
<br><br>Is that episode of Aahat available ?<br>
No, but it was shown during the Aahat re-runs. I was baffled when I saw him on it. Then I looked it up and saw that he was put in Aahat by Singh saheb before CID.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
My first clear and strong memory of Adi Sir is from Bandit Queen for some reason. I am sure I had seen him before as well lekin I still feel I first sa him in that film, maybe cause he is looking the soooooooo young in it. I could never complete the film but I did see his part and his scenes with the little girl. How much I hated him, the difference between character and actor was not so clear in my mind like it is now. I am sure it must have been really tough for him to do that film. Say and act out certain things with a 9 year old girl. After that came Dil Se be was beating the hell out of my fav actor with a partner of him. I hated him so much. But it was Inspector Khanvilkar that did the trick and I started seeing him as a performer now, no matter what role. A brilliant actor with such an interesting face. Then I saw a lot of his TV work which I had forgotten till recently, but when I stressed my brains I remember seeing a lot of his work. And then Abhijit Sir, I have been seeing for years aur bas woh to mere all time favorite characters mein shamil ho gaye. Just loved seeing him in Saathiya with my fav actor. I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw him.

I have seen him in all the 3 Suspense/Super Natural type serials that came on the 3 major channels - Saturday Suspense/Thriller at 10 (Zee), Aahat (Sony) and Star Bestseller (Star).

The First episode called "THE END" of Star Bestseller was featuring him. It had only two characters played by Niki Aneja and Adi Sir. It was about a psychic woman who believes whatever she does is right and can't take no for an answer. She brings home on injured Adi Sir,  a renowned author. Takes care of him. When he is cured asks him to write a book. Once the book is completed she tries to kill him so that she is the only person to have that book.

I am not sure if it was Saturday Suspense/Thriller At 10 but there was s tory called 6 1/2 which was about the belief that every person have 7  lookalikes. An old, above 80 years old, Adi Sir reads somewhere that if he killed all the 7 lookalikes, he will gain some power with each murder and on killing the last one he will become amar. The title was called 6 1/2 because the 7th lookalike was a child, hence called half. Very interesting story.

I know I saw him in Aahat but I can't recollect the story right now.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 25 January 2010 at 1:37pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

suhani.cipamisavisrommonika21

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Yes, I remembered seeing him in the Star Bestseller thing but somehow I feel as though the TV emblem on the top said Zee TV. Anyways, I remember this scene where Aditya ji has a bandage on his forehead and he is hesitant to write the book.  Then the lady says something like "Aap yeh kaise kar sakte hain, maine aapke liye itna sab kuch kiya, aap mera fayuda utha rahe hain" or something like that. Am I right, Prabha Di? I was 4 years old maybe then, we had just got cable in our house. Then I saw him in Dil Se, and I was shocked when I saw him beating the crap out of one of my favoriyte actors. I felt angry and felt that somehow he didn't suit the role. he and his colleague didn't listen to SRK's excuses and kept beating him. I was actually crying, especially after when SRK was hospitalized and was stuttering. Then I saw him in CID, of course and Black Friday. What a mind-blowing performance in Black Friday, by Jove. The best of his best!!! I haven't seen Bandit Queen so can't tell about his acting there. I liked his acting in Satya.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

I remember this scene where Aditya ji has a bandage on his forehead and he is hesitant to write the book.  Then the lady says something like "Aap yeh kaise kar sakte hain, maine aapke liye itna sab kuch kiya, aap mera fayuda utha rahe hain" or something like that. Am I right, Prabha Di?

Yeah that's the one

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:08pm | IP Logged

Prabha, hats off!!! Your memory is great.

Aditya never caught my attention as an actor till I watched CID. Don't even remember him in Saathiya,  Bandit queen, Dil Se etc. I need to have a re-look at those movies. I remember Satya but I saw it after I knew him as Abhijeet.  I am planning to watch all these movies now.

I was bowled over by him in Black Friday. This is one of the most memorable scenes. Do watch it...

Aditya is one of my all-time favourite actors now.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top