CID

Aditya - outdated thread. (Page 80)

Post Reply New Post

Page 80 of 96

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Yes I agree !!!! The book has many such instances which one would wish to have seen in order to see Adi sir performing !!! When it comes to any scene involving intense perfomance Adi sir is the best !! The name Badshah Khan reminds of one man !! He's just great !!! I loved him in Mohandas as well but my favurite would stay Khandilkar & Sameer

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cidrules

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Aditya - outdated thread. (Page 80)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged

Reading the book made me watch the scenes again. This time I made some caps.

Hands on hips in this one too.

In particular I liked these two expressions. First on a ferry and then on a tram. Badshaah looks at a girl...

Finds a guy talking to her...this is his reaction.

Again on a tram...

The girl sees him staring and gives a disinterested look.

Badshaah's reaction.

Awesome!!! Even those expressions speak volumes. Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cidrules-Gitanjali-Princess13.Saadritadebasree04

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I managed to get hold of the book - Black Friday. Of course the book has a lot more to read than what's shown in the movie, but I find that whenever Baadshah is mentioned in the book, I am able to see Aditya sir there.

There are many scenes which have been omitted in the movie - Baadshah's description of how they were trained etc. I wish these things were shown...just to see Aditya sir performing. Never mind, I can visualise him in my mind'e eye as I am reading the book...I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Just quoting a passage -

"I could see two huge rectangular tents on one side. Jaffar bhai introduced us to two tall and muscular men who he said would be our instructors. He called them 'Babaji'. They both looked strong and stern, and wore Kurtas. All of us were shivering in our sweaters and jackets, but these men did not seem to feel the cold'.

"At Bombay I never got up before 11AM. But in the jungles I was made to get up at 6AM. The first day we were made to jog, stretch and do all kinds of exercises. In all my 27 years, I had never exercised. My body was rebelling against such rigorous exertions. At the end of the 3-hour session, I felt totally drained.'.

I could visualise Aditya sir standing there and shivering and lying exhausted when I read this.Wish they had shown these too.....

Wow a book. I didn't know Black Friday was a book. I will try to find it in crosswords.
Who is the quthor and the publisher

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Author - S Hussain Zaidi
Publisher - Penguin

I had read an interview of Aditya sir where he said that he read the book and then formed an image of Badshah in his mind in preparation for this role. That's when I started hunting for the book.Smile

Edited by visrom - 27 February 2011 at 7:13am

-Gitanjali-

mallikaBalu

IF-Dazzler

mallikaBalu

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Thank you for the information Visrom di I'll try to get this book.And oh! Thanks again for the info that Lakshya was on Filmy channel. For some reason or the other I had always missed seeing this movie!!!! Yes. such things do happen in this time in this countryUnhappy So I went over to a friend's place and we sat and watched the movie. Adityaji is indeed a very good actor. Wish there were more like him. But no I am not wishing or thinking of anyone replacing him. His dedication to any role he plays is ... words can't describe it.
No wonder we the audience are taken in by his character in every venture of his.Smile  Good I could finally see this movie.Visrom you are a gem thanks once again.Smile

Edited by mallikaBalu - 27 February 2011 at 10:45am

visrom

deepika102

IF-Sizzlerz

deepika102

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged
i watched "Gulaal" till part 6. I must say one thing, till now i had been underestimating this movie though am quite fond of anurag kashyap's movies just like his contemporaries' Vishal Bhardwaj and Dibakar Banerjee...these TRIO have really revived the parallel cinemas which had begun to suffer.

This movie "Gulaal" revolves around the feud between the pro-monarchists and the pro-democrats. I wont go into too much detail, will just comment on 3 scenes which i have liked till now in the movie. Aditya Srivastav plays the role of Karan, the illegitimate son of a Rajput king and lives with his sister who is a law student.He is fiercely independent and harbours a deeply felt anger for his father though he maintains a calm outward appearance. Kay Kay Menon plays the role of "Dukey bana", a staunch supporter of monarchy and aristocracy.It is he who backs Ransa, the legitimate son and heir apparent of the king to stand for the post of General Secretary in the local college's elections. Karan's sister stands against him for the same post. 

The first scene which i liked was where the otherwise grave and somewhat cold looking Karan gives us a glimpse of his softer side by showing brotherly regard for his sister. While his sister is talking to their father on the telephone who is telling her to withdraw her name from the candidature of the college elections so that Ransa may win, he arrives and takes the receiver from her and asks his father mockingly, "KYA DOGE BADLE MEIN, APNA NAAM DOGE?", we dont get to hear his father's answer but by the wry quirking of his lips we come to know that his father yet again has avoided this question. Then, after the telephonic convo is over, Karan turns around to his sister and softening his tone says to his sister, "TERE GUITAR KA TAAR TOOT GAYA THA NA, YE LE LAGAA LENA," and hands her a packet of guitar strings. Simply loved this display of deep concern for his sister.

The scene above comes when Karan kidnaps Ransa to retaliate against Dukey Bana's attempt at ensuring Ransa's victory by making his men steal karan's sister's exam papers. As per the exam rules only a securing at least 60% marks was eligible to stand in the elections. In this scene, Karan tells his half brother to sign paper which says he is withdrawing his name from the election.

Ransa then begins to pass lewd comments and jeers at karan for his illegitimacy. Karan doesnt show his anger by protesting vocally but one can see the pent up anger in his eyes....hats off to aditya srivastav for having such expressive eyesClap

Karan walks away calmly while Ransa continues to laugh horrendously. Karan goes a floor above and from the gaps between the grate-like covering shoots the whole round of bullets into Ransa's torso..Just look at the determination on his face.....simply loved this 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Princess13.Saadritaaditya_crazyRashida15visrom

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:35am | IP Logged

Written updates on movies of Aditya sir should be on this thread....not the 'Aditya-Dayanand' thread.

The link to this thread is present on wikipedia page of Aditya sir, so it's good to have such stuff here.

Deep, pls continue here and complete your update for all of us. I've not seen it but after reading your update, I think I'll see it soon.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Princess13.SaadritaRashida15deepika102

deepika102

IF-Sizzlerz

deepika102

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Just saw that random video from "Hazaar chaurasi ki maa" posted by jiya...my mom always keeps talking about this one.. seeing that has whetted my desire to watch the whole movie....Smile

-Gitanjali-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top