India-Forums

Kkusum
Kkusum

KKusum Chat Transcript

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 5:53pm | IP Logged

Hey, I actually chatted with Manasi Joshi Roy yesterday even though I hate her LOL:

Manasi Joshi Roy

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Manasi Joshi Roy at 12 noon on Monday, January 31, 2005 in Mumbai

Manasi Joshi Roy
TV actress

"It's my dream to have a production house of my own, some day"

Rani > Why did you stay away from television for so long?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Because I had a baby who is now two-and-half-years old. It was a conscious decision to stay at home and spend time with my baby.

Reena_canada > Hi! Hope you are doing well! I just want to ask you, when you were asked to take over the role of Kkusum how did you feel about it? Did you think you could please the audience as did Nausheen?
Manasi Joshi Roy > It was a challenge to take on a role which had already been essayed by somebody and who was very popular too. But I was confident of one thing and that is if I did my job honestly and to the best of my abilities then the audiences would accept me.

Reena_canada > Who are you closest to on the sets of Kkusum ?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I get along well with everybody but since I spend the maximum time with Kumudh (Ashka), she is one of my closest friends.

Manish > Do you look forward to doing films?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Films are not my cup of tea. TV is where I am happy.

Mannie > What do you do in your free time? Any hobbies?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I love to read but unfortunately I hardly have any time at all because (I am) busy with work, home and baby. Still, if I can squeeze in some time to read then I am very happy.

Lali > How did you get into acting? Weren't you a model before? Did you go through any formal training in acting?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I come from a family of actors. My dad is a noted Gujarati theatre and film actor (Arvind Joshi). So you could say acting is in my genes. I started my career as an actor first, as I did theatre with my dad. Thereafter, I started modeling, which I absolutely enjoy. Offers to do TV kept coming, and my first TV job was as an anchor for a show called 'Bol Bollywood'. I was one of the first Indian faces on Star channel at that time. My training ground was watching my mom (Usha Joshi) and dad perform.

Ehaab_nadim > Manasi, what's your email address?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I am very bad at checking my emails, so not a good idea. But the ID is manasijoshiroy@hotmail.com

Mali > What made you come back to TV?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Acting is something I enjoy tremendously and I knew this was a short break till my baby was old enough. So I had to come back because (I) love what I do.

Jigffa > Your husband too is an actor. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in the same profession?
Manasi Joshi Roy > All advantages only. We are each others' best critics. We act as sounding boards for each other. Having a spouse in the same profession means he knows the pressures of the job.

Homer > Why did we not see you in any serial after Gharwali Baharwali . You were married by then, is it because of that?
Manasi Joshi Roy > No, it is because I had a baby!

Ehaab_nadim > When is the last episode of Kkusum ?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I hope (it's) never. As long as you keep watching, we will keep going on.

Nabeil > Manasi, Nausheen Ali Sardar was very popular as Kkusum . What has been the response for you by audience? Do you feel overshadowed?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Not at all. I can say that the TRP rates and the audience reaction both have been very favourable. So, thank you all!

Selina > What made you take up Kkusum ? I used to love that show but nowadays all anyone does in that show is to cry. Will that change anytime soon?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I hope so too. Every cloud has a silver lining and I am sure the sun is going to shine in Kkusum's life again. As for why I took up this show, it's because I think Kkusum is a very strong character and there are not many roles like that on TV today.

Kali > What sort of roles do you like to essay on screen?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Well, ideally an actor wants to do a wide variety of roles. And I will want to do something radically different from what I have done. Maybe, something with shades of grey.

Clod > When choosing a role, what do you consider - script or the character that you have been offered to play?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Both. I firmly believe that a great script with a well etched-out character is a pre requisite for accepting any show.

Kali > When is your birthday?
Manasi Joshi Roy > 15th of April.

Selina > Is your brother Sherman coming in anymore movies?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Yes, he is doing Rang De Basanti with Rakesh Mehra and Shaadi No.1 with David Dhawan.

Ehaab_nadim > When is your marriage anniversary?
Manasi Joshi Roy > 23rd of June.

Kali > Future plans? Will you do anything radically different like producing or directing a serial?
Manasi Joshi Roy > Yes, yes, yes that's my dream – to have a production house of my own some day!

Sign Off Message > Thank you to all my fans. It is because of you that we are what we are today and there's a lot of hard work (we) put in to doing this show. Your appreciation is a validation of our efforts. Love, Manasi .

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

Here's what I asked her:

Selina > What made you take up Kkusum ? I used to love that show but nowadays all anyone does in that show is to cry. Will that change anytime soon?
Manasi Joshi Roy > I hope so too. Every cloud has a silver lining and I am sure the sun is going to shine in Kkusum's life again. As for why I took up this show, it's because I think Kkusum is a very strong character and there are not many roles like that on TV today.

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing

she hopes that kkusum neva ends-noooooo!
cndguju Groupbie
cndguju
cndguju

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 7:12pm | IP Logged

lol...great ques selina....good to know lol....yup i would ask that too...especially to ekta...lol....thankx!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
nasshuu Senior Member
nasshuu
nasshuu

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 12:20am | IP Logged
GOOD QUESTION SELINA AND IF I GET THAT CHANCE I WILL ASK HER TO TELL EKTA THAT SHE HAS ALREADY LOOSE HER VIEWER BECAUSE OF HER DRAG DRAMA NOW A DAY! Angry
Girl Senior Member
Girl
Girl

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:43am | IP Logged
i think she is sweet!!
sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged

thanks for sharingWink

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top