Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam-Delhi 6, same pinch?

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam is a Creative Eye production which is soon going on Colors. Gaurav Khanna and Yami Gautam play the lead couple.

One look at the promos and it comes across as a small town love story,something similar to Delhi 6,especially the recent teaser which has Gaurav's character, Abeer reading a book on a terrace like Abhishek Bachchan did in the movie.

While Yami is drying her hair (thankfully not spitting like Sonam Kapoor did in the film), Abeer stares at her. Producer Dheeraj Kumar justifies the similarity, if any. "It is a matter of perception actually. We have erected a very big and expensive set,at Filmcity and at that time we never thought it looked like a particular movie. Viewers might find them similar because in the North,they have big houses and our show is set in Lucknow, which is pretty close to Delhi, but it's just a coincidence."

About the show he says, "We are in the 21st century but the caste system still exists in our society. Till date, people would rather marry their children off in the same community. We want to pass the message that we are living in a modern world and things like this should change now for the better. Our society can do without these notions."

Gaurav refuses to see any similarities between the show and the film saying, "I have seen promos of my show but I have not seen the movie,so I don't know whether they are similar. Besides, I am not allowed to talk much about this show."

We also felt Gaurav's dressing style in the show is more on the lines of Abhishek's. Well, the film didn't do anything for us, here's hoping the show will impress us.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/yeh-pyaar-na-hoga-kam-delhi-6-same-pinch

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Promo posted by arnab.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh7Bcp-hMLI[/YOUTUBE]
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This is the same article posted earlier by Shruti .. am posting it again, coz I loved GK's pic! 😳 After agesss .. seen a pic of GK in the paper!

Click on the pic for the actual size ..

MrsBellamyBlake thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi guys ... A feast for your eyes !! 😃

Here is the picture of Gaurav reading a book on terrace, that I saved ..

Isnt he looking super cute ?? 😳😳😳 Soo different from Prithvi ..
Edited by RonMione4ever - 14 years ago
Eksie thumbnail
Moumi ... Thanks for the pic!!! 🤗 Looove it!

Awww .. GK is looking soooo cuuuute! Like a chota sa bacha!!! Awww ... Seriously, what a turnaround from Prithvi!! I loved this part in the promo .. the way he's looking at her!! 😳 

Loved him in the SBB segment as well .. So cutely he says, some of what we will see in the show .. is all stuff he has done in his life while he was in Kanpur! Galli mein plaaying cricket and looking at girls .. chhup chhup ke 😉 😆 This should be a fun character .. And I'm loving the name - Abeer! 😳
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Moumi thanks for the pic! and the PM!

yea he looks like a totally different person...abeer is poles apart from Prithvi...would love to see him in this new form..itl be fun!

although Prithvi is my first love!😉😍

sistu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vow im so late.

Sano tnx!

Everyone who posted links and pics tnx so much.

Abeer is a nice name.
Eksie thumbnail
I was just reading a bit on the Kayasth community - http://www.kayasthaparivar.org/the_history.htm - (Leher, in the show belongs to the said community), and from what I could gather, the Kayasth community is both, a mix of the Brahmin & Kshatriya communities .. which, in any case are the upper class in the caste system. And since Gaurav's character - Abeer - also belongs to the Brahmin community, I wonder what the whole hue & cry is about 😕 

But then again .. it would be interesting to see .. for a change .. the boy being from a lower class and shunned by the girl's family!! Usually, its the other way round .. where the oy belongs to the upper class and the girl belongs to the lower class! So basically, this story is about class discrimination more than the caste system .. coz both Abeer & Leher do belong to the same Hindu caste.

Please correct me if I'm wrong ..

Rach. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

maumi : thanks a lot yaar! yu made my xmas eve by giving me this gift
love u loadz!
sistu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi Ekta

Well kayasht cast is a high caste but it is not a mixture of brahmin and kshatriya. The site meant to say that they are given a status equal to the of brahmin and kshatriya.

The only reason they call it lower is coz it is lower than the brahmin caste which is the most higher class.

And what u are saying that they belong to hindu caste is true but trust me, the place where the story is set I understand their view absolutely. For them their as long as someone belongs to another caste they dont like it. It is a big issue. The reason I can say this is that I beling to the bihar and UP community. When I heard the concept of the story many pple said that it is a bakwaas concept coz such things dont exist anymore. But trust me in these parts of India they do significantly.

Hope u r not confused?

Edited by sistu - 14 years ago