Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Hi Guys,

Well since we were working on RSS feeds for all the forums we felt lets conduct a short survey on whether our site visitors are aware of it and would they think its an interesting feature.

To give an idea in a more simplistic manner:

Many of us have iGoogle page as our homepage which has various widgets with news wont it be good if your favorite forum topics also appear as they are posted on India-Forums which saves you the time to check regularly of new topics.

This is just one example but then I am sure RSS feeds open new ways to access India-Forums interesting topics and increases its visibility.

Being a programmer myself I wont be able to explain it in end user language so lets see who can explain it in a more better way so that our site visitors understand it more clearly.

Cheers,
Vijay

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manu-sam78chip.Mona_Maurya.Pearl._Jiya_resham12345BilliCat.nandini27Payal25ruha-Imu.M-LeadOxideArushi..BlackJack.Mitesh.Pk_anjali12hide-Crimson-chashmish97A-N-S-H-I-K-A-Shankar-Dew-dropSano88khushixminuuSiddhi_talkativetaurusnidha1983Zaynoo2320desigrl05shininggal2008MissArshi-Debolina.Riddssviniva sharmaSobtiObsessionROBlicious.mysticgoryfilms-Disha--Fatima-P.Kamaljit.SeanSalyankaKinSanj

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you know what is a RSS Feed?" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MissArshi-

IF-Sizzlerz

MissArshi-

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Hey Vijay,

Yes i'm personally aware of it and it's certainly a good feature !

If i'm not wrong, I think in short, the RSS publishes frequently updated works .. and I think readers can subscribe to updates from favored websites .. m not very good at explaining things so sorry if what I said is totally wrong lollz ..

Edited by tasnime - 21 December 2009 at 8:55am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaysam78_Jiya_BilliCat.nandini27ruha-Ayushi--Imu.M-Arushi.A-N-S-H-I-K-A-Shankar-minuuSano88khushixDew-dropSobtiObsessiontalkativetaurusisomerslimaSDudeSiddhi_-Lipsa-mysticgoryfilmsKinSanjP.Kamaljit.Seankavya.b

Ishan.

Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Yeah i do know RSS feeds. Not any technical knowledge. But we can use to embed some blog posts which we like on our web page !! Thats just one use. It has many other uses too like for adding videos , photos etc !! Big smile

BTW its a good feature Vijay. In Orkut I add watever blog feeds I like. If u add the RSS feed for I-F then i can access that too from other websites !!! Thumbs Up

Edited by ishan.k - 21 December 2009 at 8:56am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.A-N-S-H-I-K-AminuuSiddhi_talkativetaurusRaee_Salvatore-Lipsa-MissArshi-SobtiObsessionP.Kamaljit.Sean

vinayaktyagi

Goldie

vinayaktyagi

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:47am | IP Logged
i only know it's full form ..really simple syndication Embarrassed
xml nt really my fieldLOL ,2 busy wid spring Unhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

minuu

vinayaktyagi

Goldie

vinayaktyagi

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ishan.k

Yeah i do know RSS feeds. Not any technical knowledge. But we can use to embed some blog posts which we like on our web page !! Thats just one use. It has many other uses too like for adding videos , photos etc !! Big smile

BTW its a good feature Vijay. In Orkut I add watever blog feeds I like. If u add the RSS feed for I-F then i can access that too from other websites !!! Thumbs Up

yeah u r right Smile,technically  it actually is xml based organisation of data from different sources done dynamically Wink.

Edited by vinayaktyagi - 21 December 2009 at 10:03am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

A-N-S-H-I-K-AminuuSobtiObsession

Mitesh.P

IF-Rockerz

Mitesh.P

AJMBHK Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged
I will be frank. I know what it is but to a very basic level. I think like me there are many who don't know what it is and probably won't reply here.Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Shankar-minuukhushixSobtiObsession

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged
To be honest i dont know about it so will read all of the replies by the members.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayArushi.

SobtiObsession

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay

Post Reply New Post

Go to top