Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: clodpolish

As a public figure , one should know how to deal with it.
As public, we should know when to draw the line and try to look at it from the perspective of how hard it might get for a celebrity sometimes.
Basically, let your common sense rule.

But that means you're assuming that people have common sense to begin with. Didn't you use the least bit of common sense before making that assumption, Cloddy? ;)
arman_karan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i agree 101% to this ...........this is what we all are saying from so many days..........every one has their personal life........if he or she is celebrity that doesn't mean they have done some crime..........we love their work on screen we admire them that dos not mean they can do

any mistake in their personal life after all they are also a human being.........but some people just keep on ngging behind at even small thing..........and media if they find any tiny news about any celebrity then they are just back of it.

come on man give them a break..........they have full right not to share their private and personal matters..........just stop interfering

we love celebes.........and we adore them.........but we don't have any write to interfere in their personal life

RidziPiaJazSimi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yup i strongly agree wid u...................celebs hv right to keep privacy in their personal life........
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Our soceities mind set is like that, they wanna know whats happening others life,thats why paparazzi peoples and news media earning good money!!

Hold.

Who says only celebrities have lost their privacy infront of the public gaze? The public gaze exposes even the common man like us...i mean, how many of you dont go around poking your nose in other people's business? such as i wonder if X got a higher mark than me for that exam, or i wonder who Y's latest date is, or i wonder if Z gets paid more than me?

The celebrity are more exposed to the public thus have a higher loss of privacy but everyone, either small or big hasnt got a completely personal life without others interfering and disturbing. All of us are exposed to the public gaze thus we care to some extent what the society would think, what our neighbours would say, what our loved ones would do etc.

Being a celebrity....we give them the respect and status they have earned, without us they are either hero or zero....and they need to pay for their fame. But limitations have to be from both side...the common man shouldnt be soo obsessed that it affects their own life and the celebrity shouldnt bother about such gossip to an extent that it might affect their career.

Xoxo
..Ashi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
very well said
hey r u talking abt ndtv good times
nehaluvsKSG thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree that this is the work of media, like every other peson has his or hers. But at the same time there should be visible line drawn, which should restarin them from saying and writing more than they are supposed to. How sure are we that the news we get is actually the exact news? There are some many mix-ups in it...this really affects people. I really dont have any interest in my favs personal life but whn any negative n unsure news comes out i feel bad n wish if i cud get the truth out. I always feel that not all the news given by the media is the entire truth, that's when the news turns into gossip!
Agreed even i common man's privacy is gone nowadays but the area in which we are talked abt is really close to us n we can sometimes deal with it too, but for a celeb its on a veryyy large scale, this becomes a problem.
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am sorry if u want to become an actor, that does mean that there will be things rumours said about u in the media  and that is something u should be prepared for. U cannot become an actor and not be expected to be in the public eye.

I dont think if u cant handle the preassure of the media, then ur not prepared to become an actor.

nehaluvsKSG thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
But then this means tht being an actor or a public figure is a crime now!!! Where for every entertainment they give us, first they have to loose their privacy completely and then sometimes even get badly criticised by the audience. i dont think this is fair.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Yes, everyone deserves privacy, but I believe that if someone desires to be a celebrity, they should be prepared to exchange their privacy for fame, because no matter how hard they try, the media will always get some form of inside information, and if not, they'll make up lies to sell a story.

It is also correct that it is the media's job to get inside information on a celebrity's life. Or else...what need is there for a media, and how will they make money?

Why do people become celebs? Because they want people to know and admire them for their talents. If not for the media, how would the common people know about them? True, the media often time goes too far, but it's a price a celebrity has to pay to become famous.