U, me and Hum! (updated page 7)

Posted: 14 years ago

Santu walks up to DM wearing only her mangalsutra and clad in a simple sari.

Santu: Maalik, I am going.

DM does not acknowledge her, nor does he answer her. He does not realize that her feet are moving silently but with determination. Santu leaves the mansion without a backward glance but with a firm resolve. Her heart is weeping as she carries her secret but her eyes are dry. A car stops close to her and Toral gets out. Santu sits in the car and leaves.

When Santu reaches her friend Toral's house, she is welcomed by Saumil bhai and his sister who says she will reside in the house till Santu is there. DM is livid and roars into Saumil bhai's house with the intention of scolding Santu. Toral invites him in and Santu comes to the living room. DM stands up with an aggressive stance and Toral putting her arms around Santu's shoulders says to DM;

Toral: My friend Santu has expressed her desire to stay with me till she can make alternative arrangements. It should not worry you uncle. She will be safe here. (Toral leaves them alone)

DM: What is this drama Santu? What do you hope to achieve? With so many happenings in the mansion why are you trying to attract attention. Do you have any sense at all? Come home '.. (Santu suddenly puts out her hand in a motion similar to what DM always does to stop people midsentence)

Santu: I am staying with my friend to do some serious thinking about my status in the mansion. Please do not interfere.

DM: (taking a step forward in anger) Have you gone insane? (Santu puts out her hand once again and then sits down) DM is now forced to sit down.

Santu: (calmly)Hum aapke hain kaun malik?

DM: Oh so we are playing a game is it? You are married to me. Marriage is the union of a man and woman. The man earns for the home and the woman bears his children, looks after his home and obeys his demands unquestioningly. That is the meaning of a successful marriage.

Santu: You have listed the duties of the man and the woman here. Not the right answer.

DM: Dufford, stop trying to make me solve riddles. Pack up now and come home.

Santu: I will come back to you when you give me the correct answer.

Santu walks out of the room, stops, and looking over her shoulder, and asks DM, "hum aapke hain kaun malik"?

DM is very furious and goes home.  He can neither eat nor sleep. He hears the sound of anklets and the swish of silk all the time. He lies down and the fragrance of Santu's hair wafts into his senses. He has a roaring headache and has not drunk tea all day. He thinks of Santu's question but cannot come up with an alternate answer. He gets into the car and drives to Meghna's house.

I wrote this post because for some time now i am in turmoil at Santu's treatment by the family and more importantly by Dharamraj. He needs to define his relationship with Santu and that will make or break the marriage. Not pregnancy, duty, or favours. 
Edited by chalia - 14 years ago
that is so creative Chalia 👍🏼

you know if they could really make DM restless and not be able to eat or sleep thinking about her and who she means to him that would be great

i want to see DM pining for Santu

u r truly creative.
👏 👏 👏
that is too lovely see DM paining for SANTU.
😊 😃 😊
it hurt to see this but at least DM will realize the SANTU'S IMPORTANCE in his life by this.
😭 😭
😭
plz continue the story where u give it's end.
👏 👏 👏
👏
I LIKE IT !!  👏
& i have some comments:
1-Santu: Maalik, I am going.    she shud'v JUST walk away & leave the mansion without telling him or asking for permission.
2-Santu leaves the mansion without a backward glance but with a firm resolve. EXCELLENT 😃
3-When Santu reaches her friend Toral's house.   she shud'v directly go to her nanaji's house indicating that she's going home for good.
4-I am staying with my friend to do some serious thinking about my status in the mansion.  SHE MUST STOP THINKING FOR EVER & START DOING.
5-(Santu suddenly puts out her hand in a motion similar to what DM always does to stop people midsentence)+(Santu puts out her hand once again and then sits down). EXCELLENT, (taste your own poison DM 😵) it's a major part of the DOING .
6- I will come back to you when you give me the correct answer.   it's a big NO NO...... her walkaway must be unconditiond... a permanent farewell
7-He gets into the car and drives to Meghna's house.  well? 😕  why..???? what's next ...?
It's cute chalia
I am hoping she will walk out of that hell hole without anyone knowing.
It will be a slap on pass bucker's face.
I was hoping Toral wld help her too.
Originally posted by hamdasgh

I LIKE IT !!  👏
& i have some comments:
1-Santu: Maalik, I am going.    she shud'v JUST walk away & leave the mansion without telling him or asking for permission.
No hamdasgh. Santu is a girl with good upbringing. She informed him that she is going. Not taking permission.
2-Santu leaves the mansion without a backward glance but with a firm resolve. EXCELLENT 😃
3-When Santu reaches her friend Toral's house.   she shud'v directly go to her nanaji's house indicating that she's going home for good.
I stress that Santu is not amputating herself from her marriage. She is trying to make it work. Marriage is a lot of hard work. Its easy to break. Santu is a maker not a breaker. She will give DM many chances.
4-I am staying with my friend to do some serious thinking about my status in the mansion.  SHE MUST STOP THINKING FOR EVER & START DOING.
5-(Santu suddenly puts out her hand in a motion similar to what DM always does to stop people midsentence)+(Santu puts out her hand once again and then sits down). EXCELLENT, (taste your own poison DM 😵) it's a major part of the DOING .
6- I will come back to you when you give me the correct answer.   it's a big NO NO...... her walkaway must be unconditiond... a permanent farewell
Even death is not a harbinger of permanent farewells. Everyone deserves a chance for true realization. DM is not a bad human. He is just very stubborn and dense.
7-He gets into the car and drives to Meghna's house.  well? 😕  why..???? what's next ...?
Where does a person go when he is in confusion or needs to open his heart? To a true friend.
i have left the situation openended for a purpose.
So that we can discuss our views openly. What do we all want Santu to do so that she regains her place and happiness.
When you comment, remember Santu and Bandini are based in a rural setting.
OH.. MY...GOD chalia ..❤️... you're such a kind hearted person... 🤗 you are still welling their marriage to survive ...you're  one of those people who are able to forgive those who hurt them over & over... honey you are so sweet...😊.. i'm not a bad person but i know that everyone deserves a 2nd chance... if that chance wasn't seized well then the blame on them ..... i never bargain my dignity... a slap for a slap..😳 i'm not married , so maybe marriage is scarification from both parts.. it's an oath of dedicated & patient... but when ever it reaches dignity ....OH NO NO NO NO NO
i'm speaking here for santu being constantly humiliated & punished .... is this a life ......will you stand it ????????
Hi chalia,I luv tis post dear.I want 2 see DM longing 4 his wife. It is nice 2 see him without having gud sleep,eating that is without happy. Without santu,he should realize that his life is zero. Also santu makes her hubby happy al time.Bt what did dm make santu happy? Distance increases luv.So santu shud leave him.Then only DM wud realize that santu is the most & first important person in his life 4ever. Chalia please end ur post.After going to meghna's home,what is next?
marriage is scarification from both parts.. it's an oath of dedicated & patient... but when ever it reaches dignity ....OH NO NO NO NO NO
i'm speaking here for santu being constantly humiliated & punished .... is this a life ......will you stand it ????????

If Santu percieves it as humiliation and punishment then it matters. What you and me think are of no consequence to what Santu ultimately wants from her marriage and how she plans to achieve it.
😃
No i will not stand a husband who "humiliates and punishes" me. I would leave him but not humiliate or punish him back. That would not be me. I would walk away with dignity and pride at being myself.

I still think DM is an unpolished stone. He is stubborn and very dense about what being a proper husband is all about. He will learn and very soon. There I hope to see Santu's strength behind that soft veneer.

And yes, i do believe that one should work on relationships and not begin with the mindset that amputations are the best. Life survives on hope.