Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religious lyrics in songs (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
although I'm more or less of an atheist, I believe that it's OK to have religious lyrics in songs because it shows secularism(not sure if that's a word) in India.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Now I'm not a psychiatrist so I won't be making any claims on my mental health. However, if you are willing to pay, I will be more than happy to have my head examined with a psychiatrist of your choice to determine if there is something abnormal or deviant in my thought process.

Your posts leave others speechless. People just can't argue with you back because you hypnotize them with your words. If the ability to silence others is a form of deviance, then people may as well start getting attracted to diseases / deformities. LOL

But I don't like it when you flaunt yourself, albeit in an indirect way. Wink

POH ji. Maska polish ke liye SRGMP main thread hain. Tongue

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 22 December 2009 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

I don't mind them at all.  It doesn't get any worst than folks named after gods and godesses getting yelled at for something wrong.  One of our friends named their son Shiv.  Now, this Shiv is a real naughty kid.  We usually hear the parents go - Shiv, bahut pityega....nalayak Shiv, idher aa.........if that is acceptable then what's the problem with the lyrics?

The context here is totally different. If you call out to your son who maybe has the name Shiv, you do not mean to refer back to lord Shiva. However, with songs like the one in Bhool Bhulaiya, the reference to Krishna Bhagwan and Lord Rama were deliberate which is pretty clear through the 'chanting' (even though that's not how it goes not that it changes much :S)

When a mother calls out to her sen telling her to come to her it's not the same as calling out to God and challenging him to show up in front of you. There really is no comparison and no reason to get offended at all IMO. I'm sure most Indian kids have some sort of reference to a Hindu God or Goddess and if not then some reference to the Bhagavad Gita.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 22 December 2009 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by debayon

although I'm more or less of an atheist, I believe that it's OK to have religious lyrics in songs because it shows secularism(not sure if that's a word) in India.

Naah.  It does not LOL  Mostly the religious references are space fillers - they gel with the music and are hummable. 
Yeah, well there's always something hidden in songs and everything for that reason, whether they mean to or not. For example, "The Wizard of Oz" was an allegory for the Great Depression. So, I think they also show secularism(again not sure if that's a word) within India. And yeah, they also sre space filtersEmbarrassed. Take for example the "Bhool Bhulaiya" title song, where it says "Hare Ram, Hare Ram, Hare Krishna...." but in the same movie, the song "Allah Hafiz" proves what I'm saying.

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 27 December 2009 at 11:21am | IP Logged
I don't understand why Allah is used in Bollywood songs don't mix our God into the songs I don't like it one bit

Post Reply New Post

Go to top