Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Interesting debate... in my opinion, songs like jaane dil mein kabse hai tu, in which the guy and girl tell each other they mean more to one another than God, are more offensive than the bhool bhulaiya "hare ram" one... while the former are making a disrespectful point, the latter are stupid and have no point. I personally don't care cuz if I don't like what I hear, I don't listen.
But I do understand how they can be hurtful, in the same way the whole Madonna and the cross at her concert thing was - there are some names and symbols which people associate with good things, things that help them stay good themselves - and to see those names/symbols which serve as anchors in your life during tough times is painful, like somebody insulting your mommy... not cool. If hurting people's feelings in such a way is avoidable - which, even for the lamest lyricists, I'm sure it is - it should definitely be avoided.
While I don't think spiritualized names for babies falls under the same category - sorry I find that funny actually LOL, bechaare maa baap ne socha yeh to sadhu sant banega, lets call him Shiv! aur mila kya... nalaayak! tsk tsk....
but anyways, I do agree about terrorist and extremist groups like the ones mentioned above being in the same category, if not worse. the difference between theirs and kids names is that not everyone knows the kids and hears of their misdeeds, but everyone does find out about the terrorists' actions. to publically link violence and other vices with something that people hold in high regard may not hurt some but it does hurt others, and if you are aware that you're hurting someone and you're a decent person, you stop... especially if it's something very minor and avoidable like song lyrics.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gin_ger_aleresham12345P1nk..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religious lyrics in songs (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Everybody like to use and misuse God names different places,different occations, If God doent bother these things...then why we careWink

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gin_ger_ale

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:31am | IP Logged

If the lyrics is very digratory and are meant to hurt a gropu of people then ofcourse it should be censored.But if anyone writes his feelings towards God it is his personal matter.But if he writes that people who beleives in God are fool or anything degratory then it is wrong.Though I don't like the lyrics,"Yara Rab Se Pehle Hai Tu"or "Tujhme Rab Dekhta Hai"still I have nothing against them.It's their personal matter.But without knowing a religion properly if you write anything wrong about it then the followers can mind.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

[

How can you say people who're against God's name used in lyrics are supportive of people blowing others up in the name of God?Shocked What right do you have to say that? Do you think we want the terrorists using God's name to support their actions? Do you think we want God's name being dragged into all the attrocious acts? No, we do not want God's name dragged into this, and neither do we support those disgusting people, so think twice before making such allegations.

Don't tell me you have never heard of any terrorist named Mohammad or the goons operating under the banner of Shiv-sena!

Not in a mood to start discussing the scriptures here. Neither am I, at least in this thread, so don't worry. If you truly want to discuss scriptures, join our CC.Wink  What age krishna was during those deeds varies depending on which version you catch but you seem to be totally missing the point here.   Just find it amusing how yelling "shiv key batchey, ruk zara abhi doh chapat lagati hoon" to be perfectly alright but having lyrics using hare ram or shukran allah to be objectionable -- that too when it is a personal choice to listen to the song or change the channel/switch the radio offLOL

People have different interpretations. You interpret yelling at a child like that wrong, but I don't. You interpret inappropriate lyrics using God's name as not objectionable, but I do.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Interesting debate... in my opinion, songs like jaane dil mein kabse hai tu, in which the guy and girl tell each other they mean more to one another than God, are more offensive than the bhool bhulaiya "hare ram" one... while the former are making a disrespectful point, the latter are stupid and have no point. I personally don't care cuz if I don't like what I hear, I don't listen.
But I do understand how they can be hurtful, in the same way the whole Madonna and the cross at her concert thing was - there are some names and symbols which people associate with good things, things that help them stay good themselves - and to see those names/symbols which serve as anchors in your life during tough times is painful, like somebody insulting your mommy... not cool. If hurting people's feelings in such a way is avoidable - which, even for the lamest lyricists, I'm sure it is - it should definitely be avoided.
While I don't think spiritualized names for babies falls under the same category - sorry I find that funny actually LOL, bechaare maa baap ne socha yeh to sadhu sant banega, lets call him Shiv! aur mila kya... nalaayak! tsk tsk....
but anyways, I do agree about terrorist and extremist groups like the ones mentioned above being in the same category, if not worse. the difference between theirs and kids names is that not everyone knows the kids and hears of their misdeeds, but everyone does find out about the terrorists' actions. to publically link violence and other vices with something that people hold in high regard may not hurt some but it does hurt others, and if you are aware that you're hurting someone and you're a decent person, you stop... especially if it's something very minor and avoidable like song lyrics.

Also agree with you Lola, well put.Clap

Yes, definitely love songs which degrade God are also objectionable. I only support those pure love songs which use God to explain their love better (but not to degrade him).

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 20 December 2009 at 5:21am

chimuli

IF-Dazzler

chimuli

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Refrences can be made in descent manner though,but not like it is made in the song you posted.

There was also a controversy over some Himesh's song in AKS.
I think he got it corrected.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk..RamKiJanaki..

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -JONAKI-

If the lyrics is very digratory and are meant to hurt a gropu of people then ofcourse it should be censored.But if anyone writes his feelings towards God it is his personal matter.But if he writes that people who beleives in God are fool or anything degratory then it is wrong.Though I don't like the lyrics,"Yara Rab Se Pehle Hai Tu"or "Tujhme Rab Dekhta Hai"still I have nothing against them.It's their personal matter.But without knowing a religion properly if you write anything wrong about it then the followers can mind.

You know in sanskrit theres a saying 'Mata Pita Guru Deivam' hope you know it means in hindu metholgy who gives birth to the child, thereby bringing us as a child into this world. Next comes the father ...and so on,...may be becouse I dont feel any wrong in above lines ....if you just take meaning between the lines you can find only like this meaning, theres different dimotions and views, a poet have his own views to express his feelings, we can see different kind of God's in our life...for eg: if someone had accident or a unknown person come and escape him, that time we used to say 'Like a God he came and escape me'...so thats situation God's position changed, veiw changed ,its all different kind of experience,...so same like understand the real meaning and situation of each lyrics....But If there anyone misusing religious words without knowing the meaning thats wrong.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top