Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

resham12345

Goldie

resham12345

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 8:49am | IP Logged
I don't propagate or promote any religion on this forum but over the past years, bollywood has had songs with religious references and religious beliefs.
For Example. Hari ram hari Krishna, while talking about a girl, you take god's name. Is that right or wrong?

(ram, ram, ram ram ram )
Where she at?
i'm searchin' for this fine shawty
and it ain't like i'll be gettin' naughty
i'm for real you know i don't play that
coz i mean it when you hear me say that
madly searching for this fine shawty
and in my world the number one hottie
and everywhere she make 'em go crazy
gotsts' get me yes/no not a maybe
Teri Aankhen Bhool Bhulaiya.
Baatein Hain Bhool Bhulaiya.
Tere Sapnon Ki Galion Mein.
I Keep Looking For U Baby..
U Keep Drivin Me So Crazy….
Dil Mein Tu Rehti Hai…..
Betaabi Kehti Hai………
I Keep Prain All Day .. All Day All Night Long
Hare Ram Hare Ram Hare Krishna Hare Ram
Tu Meri Sachin tendulkar Hai
mai teri Simran
hum dono pyaar mein
Tu Hai Awara Dhadkan …
Tu Hai Raaton Ki Tadpan ….
Tu Hai Meri Dil Jana

Recently, In the movie Qurbaan there is a song called Ali Maula. Related to Hazrat Ali. This one doesn't have any derogatory lyrics, but it may be hurtful to some people/.

I think religious references should not be made in songs/. What do you think?

Edited by resham12345 - 19 December 2009 at 8:51am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chimuliram92ruky786..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religious lyrics in songs" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged
in real life when ppl dont mind doing heinous acts all the time chanting religious words then why shud there B objection of religious words in songs that too of a make bliv world of bollywood?

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by resham12345

Where she at?
i'm searchin' for this fine shawty
and it ain't like i'll be gettin' naughty
i'm for real you know i don't play that
coz i mean it when you hear me say that
madly searching for this fine shawty
and in my world the number one hottie
and everywhere she make 'em go crazy
gotsts' get me yes/no not a maybe

These pathetic lyrics shouldn't be used anywhere - religion or no religion. But let's not get started on the ridiculous amount of English lyrics present in today's Bollywood music.

Recently, In the movie Qurbaan there is a song called Ali Maula. Related to Hazrat Ali. This one doesn't have any derogatory lyrics, but it may be hurtful to some people/.

I think religious references should not be made in songs/. What do you think?

Hmm, I didn't hear about the song from Qurbaan. I agree, religious references can definitely hurt sentiments. It is one thing if the lyrics actually make sense, but its a totally different thing if the lyrics are there just for the heck of it. For example, in the song Ya Rabba by Kailash Kher (Movie: Salaam-e-Ishq), I think the song actually makes sense - its calling out to God, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Other times, like in the new song Shukran Allah, which might actually be from Qurbaan if I'm not wrong, the lyrics seem weird to me. The "Shukran Allah" in the song seems unnecessary and odd. But maybe that's just me.

Other things in the past have also raised a lot of controversy - like in the song Kajra Re, a line goes "kaali kamle waale ko yaad karke, tere kaare kaare naino ki kasam khaate hain", the "kaali kamle waale" refers to Prophet Muhammad. Or in the song Aaja Nachle - there was something that raised a lot of controversy where a line (I can't remember the exact wording) compares a shoemaker to a goldsmith, and complaints were made that it messes with the caste system, or something along those lines.

Anyways, the point is that there are a lot of different references made out to many different religions in various Bollywood songs. To me, personally, it is only the intention that counts. You cannot stop poets from penning down lyrics, but if you're listening to a song or humming a song - do you really mean what the lyrics are saying? Or are you simply humming it for the heck of it? For example, the song "Tujhme Rab Dekhta Hai" strikes a lot of debates, saying how can you give God a human form, but as long as I am not taking these lyrics to mean anything, what does it matter? I think that many times people just need a reason to get het up, and things usually get out of hand then.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Suha_18resham12345Angelic_Jbaz786..RamKiJanaki..

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
I am ok. Bhagwaan ka naam jitna liya jaye, achha hai, bahut achha haiLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nisha80

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

in real life when ppl dont mind doing heinous acts all the time chanting religious words then why shud there B objection of religious words in songs that too of a make bliv world of bollywood?

People don't mind heinous acts? What kind of people are you talking about?Shocked

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

I think that if God is used in Bolly songs, the song itself should be about God or something pure. If it's one of those stupid 'words don't make sense' songs, then God shouldn't be included.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Suha_18resham12345P1nkbaz786

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--ania--

Post Reply New Post

Go to top