Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone... Finally the movie alot were waiting for (inc me) is here.. "Vettaikaran" here goes the review

Vettaikkaran - Hunter is hunted
IndiaGlitz  [Friday, December 18, 2009]

Mass masala movies and Vijay seem inseparable. Following the footsteps of Rajinikanth, Vijay seems to have made it a habit to choose a movie that is predominantly hero-centric and a script which has the male protagonist mouthing punch line dialogues besides bashing baddies.

Hold on! He also takes time to romance a girl and also try his hand at humour. This patented formula of the actor seems to have paid rich dividends in the past attracting front-benchers.

'Vettaikkaran' too is one more in the long list of Vijay films that is typical of his earlier ventures - perhaps a collage of his recent releases.

An aspiring police officer who turns into a one-man army to weed off baddies in the society forms the crux. Babu Sivan, a former associate of director Dharani does in 'Vettaikkaran' what his mentor is known for.

He has chosen to tread a safe path - obvious one for Vijay - a mass intro song, hero meeting the heroine and falling in love. Comes to Chennai from his native village only to fight the evil elements. Eventually all ends well.

Though Babu Sivan could not leave an impression as a director, yet he manages to make a mark as a dialogue writer penning punch lines that would draw instant applause from Vijay fans.

It's Vijay show all the way. He goes all guns blazing with amazing energy levels. Be it an aspiring cop, a romantic youth or an angry young man, he is right there delivering what he did in his earlier ventures - 'Kuruvi', 'Villu' or 'Thiruppachi'.

Anushka, who impressed one and all playing a pious woman in 'Arundhathee', takes to a typical heroine's role here. She appears here and there in the film only to shake legs with Vijay in skimpy costumes for some racy numbers.

Salim Ghouse who impressed one and all as Jindha in 'Vettri Vizha', makes a comeback to impress as a ruthless don and a rich entrepreneur Devanayakam. Shayaji Shinde plays a negative character while the humour by Manobala and Sathyan fails to evoke laughter.

Ravi (Vijay) is a callous youth in Tuticorin. He aspires to become a cop and admires to be one like police officer Devaraj (Sri Hari), his role model.

After great effort, he manages to pass plus two and comes to join a college in Chennai. In his journey, he meets Suseela (Anushka) and falls for her instantly. Thanks to her grandmother, he succeeds in wooing Suseela.

Meanwhile he lands in Chennai and takes up his studies in a college and also ekes out livelihood plying an auto rickshaw. It is here that his life takes a turn.

He comes across a baddie Chella (Ravishankar) who tries to play spoilsport in the life of one Uma (Sanchitha Padukone). Ravi bashes him up. His troubles start only now as Chella's father Devanayakam (Salim Ghouse) with the help of greedy police hatches conspiracy to kill him in a special encounter.

It is now a cat and mouse game between the two. And as you would have guessed it right, it leads to a predictable climax.

More of action and less of logic, Vettaikkaran's theme seems to have been borrowed from many mass movies. A sense of deja vu prevails all through as many scenes looks repeated and cliched. So are the action sequences resembling 'Kuruvi' and 'Aadhavan'.

Music by Vijay Antony is peppy and groovy but the same can't be said of his background score.

Produced by AVM Balasubramaniam and B Gurunath and presented by Sun Pictures, 'Vettaikkaran' is a path treaded many times before. The impact is the same and the result is obvious.

Vettaikkaran - Masala man 

Well the review looks good to me cuz i like masala movies and esp when vijay is there everything looks good..The movie for sure is not for the people who want to watch classics.. Its a normal day masala film which i guess is for mass and in my opinion should do a good business..Anushka is there that makes it special too but im sad that she played a just another heroin role.. but these two people look gud together and the songs are gud too esp "Oru Chinna" and vijay's hairstyle in tht song is quite cool all over he looks good (well when does he notWink) u guys would feel im biased so i'd say yes im becux i love VijayLOL.. so im for sure watching it and ya beware kids Chinna thamarai song has a lip lock (or kiss i should say)Wink.... anyone watched it yet comments are welcomed!!!

Love, Pulwasha Smile

Edited by pulwasha - 21 December 2009 at 12:26am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanafufu_galbrinny_gsankadevi30nithyamkvjigglypuff726

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie Review - Vettaikaran" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
You are biased PulROFL You actually liked his hairstyle Shocked..it just cracked me upROFL  
We are gonna watch it this weekend or soon....lemme see how the movie is as it has no story..but hey..i do like action movies so lest seeCool

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 11:33am | IP Logged
yeaaa i told u when  it cumes to sidhu, vijay, suriya im always biased i love themmm... LOL i like the hairstyle he looks cute

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 9:50am | IP Logged
i knew from the beginning that i should skip this movie. even the promos of vettikaran on sun tv didn't evoke any interest from me. vijay sprouting lame masala dialogues, his colour blind costumes in the song sequences, his LOL hair in the chinna tamarai song, anuskha in skimpy outfits & a long-haired baddie who badly needs to visit the nearest hair salon. yeah.. it's going to be SO interesting.WinkLOL to top it off i think vijay actually copied some of Junior NTR's mannerisms in some of the scenes, you know lifting up his right leg & hitting his thigh with his hand. 

why? why does vijay keep doing this? he's cute, a great dancer & is highly charismatic too yet he always churns out crap disguised as movies. tsk tsk.. till i see vijay trying something different i'm not going to watch his movies. thanks for the review though pulwasha.Smile i hope you enjoy it since you're such a big vijay fan.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brinny_gMeena.IF

shonaveer

IF-Sizzlerz

shonaveer

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
hey pulwasha,
thanks a lot for the review...

-- deepu --

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 12:06am | IP Logged
thanks for the review

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
I saw this movie and it was................... Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down.  Seriously.  As much as I like Vijay's dances, I for life can't imagine he went for this movie.  He has done some good movies and to see his last few movies, he is going to go out of the door sooner or later. Really sad.

I kept thinking, I have seen this scenes somewhere and sure enough, I received email from friends yesterday, and some scenes were from Baasha, Vetaiyadu Veliyadu, Run, etc.  Apparently, the auto number carries the same from Baasha. All his movies have same theme and concept.  Beginning jokes etc, then 2nd part serious. His punch dialog - what can I say! Best friend dies, what else? Dead  This movie was so predictable.  We know what is going to happen next.  Nothing thrilling about it.

Anybody asks me, my advise is don't bother to go watch in cinemas.  Either buy VCD or wait for them to do a 2010 Ponggal/Deepavali release on t.v.

Sorry guys to disappoint you but seriously Vijay needs to take a good look at his career path, instead of accepting the same story theme.  Even Rajni did different roles, for heaven sake including villian.

Edited by Caryn - 21 December 2009 at 4:27pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

~*Thamizhan*~Meena.IFusha_poojabrinny_gjigglypuff726MissArshi-

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 22 December 2009 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
another rehash

we had a wild time with the promos!!

LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena.IF