Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

PM Search feature in Outbox + Forum Rank (Page 3)

Gur.N.cool IF-Sizzlerz
Gur.N.cool
Gur.N.cool

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by carolinecj

weekly sounds nice... but is it based on number of topics..or number of visits??

Well at the moment it will depend on Unique Visitors, Views per topic, posts per topic and number of topics too. And also we will be checking how many members have subscribed to that forum using the "My Forum" option.

Cheers,
Vijay

wow that's a lot of criterias.it's good becuase this way, it will be hard for members to manipulate the results by spamming, or doing other random things.

thanks Vijay for the explanation, just waiting for this feature's launch nowBig smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Imu.M-khushixminuumysticgoryfilms

cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Awesome feature, so useful! Thanks so much!!!
Jenifer. IF-Sizzlerz
Jenifer.
Jenifer.

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Thank God for the search feature. Looking for old PM's I've sent has been like looking for a needle in a haystack!

As for the friendly competition between forums - sounds good to me. If the actors of a particular show can be ranked, then why not the show that got them there? Looking forward to the development of that.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Imu.M-minuupetticoat

ksg. IF-Sizzlerz
ksg.
ksg.

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much for adding the Search Outbox feature! I've been trying to find some old messages I sent and it's so hard to look through all of the pages. This new feature is going to be a huge help!

@Forum Ranking - This new idea sounds really good, in my opinion! It'll bring a competition throughout the forums. Will be waiting to hear the final decisions on this.

Thanks once again Vijay Bhaiya and the rest of the Admins and I-F team! Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Imu.M-minuu

-Imu.M- IF-Rockerz
-Imu.M-
-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

One more thing I wanted to discuss is that there are so many different forums on India-Forums. Some are active and some are not so active. So we are thinking of giving each forum a ranking too in terms of their popularity on India-Forums.com and based on that we will have that forum appear on the homepage and the less active ones will move to the second page. This should create a healthy competition among different forums.

What do you think of this as an idea? And if you have a better idea please feel free to post it here and be sure sure that we are reading each of the

Personally, I think this is the best way to get the forums to be active, i mean everybody would want their forum to be No.1 would it be possible to base this on the discussion per week, Like on TV, How they have TVR of each week and how they become No.1, No.2 and etc, this way we can have a healothy competition, just like Television, FRP Forum Rating Points LOLLOL ..

I Personally think this is a good idea and it should be Implented as soon as possible Big smile
P.S Thanks for the other feautre,

Thanks for the wonderful things you all are doing here, Making it more addctive for some of us here now EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

khushixminuumysticgoryfilmsGur.N.cool

-Imu.M- IF-Rockerz
-Imu.M-
-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged

But another thing, If Chat Club or other general forums are included, won't they push down the serial forums down as they are highly active and lot of members chat there,

I think they should be excluded and keep the Competition between the serial forums only Big smile P.S , Don't you all think, Youth Shows such as Miley Jab Hum Tum, DMG, LNMD will win the race as they are youth and are Higly active ??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

minuuGur.N.cool

myownarea IF-Stunnerz
myownarea
myownarea

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Wow, Nice feature this, very helpful in searching an old message!! Thank you!
KinSanj IF-Stunnerz
KinSanj
KinSanj

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
WOW vijay bhai you ROCK!
seriously....the search feature in outbox is Amazing....
just one request can we have a trash section in our Pm section. So  we can find any deleted pms that were deleted. it'll be easier for some of us. Because some members end up trashing some PMs then u realise u needed it. so yeah just a suggestion...

And the forum rank is a great idea,

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzminuuGur.N.cool

Go to top