Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why Rocket Singh was the biggest disaster

laly thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Why Rocket Singh was the biggest disaster of the year

He might have given one of the biggest hits of this year, but Ranbir Kapoor's Rocket Singh Salesman Of The Year was the biggest disaster of the year.

The film got one of the lowest openings for a big star cast and a banner film. We hear that the folks at Yash Raj Films went into a huddle and discuss and analyse why the audiences didn't go to the theatres to see the film despite good reviews for Jaideep Saihni's script and Shimit Amin's direction.

You don't have to be Sherlock to find out it happened because it was the worst promoted film of the year. Bitchy actress says, "The release of the film was a well-kept secret. People didn't know it was releasing because there was no buzz." We have to agree.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yeah, I think it was because of the lack of promotions. I really thought this movie was releasing on the 25th.
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I agree to certain extent lack promotions and released without any hype.
yeah, its their fault
i didnt know the movie was even coming out on the 11th\until i randomyl checked on my theatre website. there promotion sucked.
this movie was really goood, i really liked it - i went out ot see it
it was a nice, sensible, fresh, film
sucks, that it didnt work =(
i really liked it
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
YRF is so cheap.They HARDLY promoted the movie. And the silly promos that had Ranbir selling the movie were lame. Audience had no idea what the story was about.

I think YRF were trying to do a CDI here. CDI had horrible promotion but picked up due to good WOM. But Ranbir isnt SRK. So going the CDI route was silly.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

YRF is weird. They go all out for some movies and totally ignore some of em. They promoted DBH like woah, and they're going all out for PI too. But, then why ignore movies like Rocket Singh? :S

Mimi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They only seem to promote their *ahem* family these days. I'm worried about Shahid's movie with Anushka. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson now. Edited by Sonima85 - 14 years ago