interview of guy who was to replace sujal

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

guys this is the guy ekta chose to replace rajeev when he decided to quit. so i though maybe i will share this inetrview. . personally i feel, this guy wud have flopped in no time.

It would have been a big risk to take on Sujal's role…"

He hasn't made many heads turn, yet. But Pawan Shankar has left enough of a mark in the industry to get a call from Balaji Telefilms when Ekta was looking for a replacement for Rajeev Khandelwal. As Siddhanth, he is the restrained, dignified lawyer grappling with life's realities. In real life, Pawan is probably biding time till he gets a break on the big screen. Prashant Golecha caught the Allahabad born actor on the sets of Siddhanth for a brief chat.

How did acting happen and how did you manage the lead role in "Siddhanth"?
I left a regular job in Allahabad without telling my parents, came to Mumbai and Kishore Namit Kapoor's acting course. I did many ads, the most prestigious one being the Reid & Tailor one with Mr Bachchan. For the Siddhanth auditions, there was a tie in the final round of selection between me and another guy, but Anurradha Prasad of BAG Films was clear she wanted me in the show

Weren't you supposed to replace Rajeev Khandelwal in Kahiin To Hoga and the buzz is you asked for a very high price?
I was just thinking of deciding on the offer, as there was a gap of 10 episodes for Sujal to reappear, when Rajeev decided to stay in the show. Money was not an issue. It wasn't even discussed.

Do you think it would have been a good option to be a replacement for a popular actor?
It was a big risk. But then it is important to take risks in life. It was a big thing to receive a call from Balaji Telefilms as it meant recognition of my work. I like KTH as a serial, and have often told people about Sujal's role - "Role ho to aisa ho".

Don't you want to act in films?
Yes I do. I am making an appearance in Vinta Nanda's White Noise.

Are you married?
I got married to a girl last year, and yes, it is a love marriage. My wife is a fashion designer and belongs to Delhi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

phoenix thumbnail
i think no can can take rejeev's place he is sujal one n only kashish's sujal.by the way thnx for the article
salma thumbnail
Thanks and you r absolutely right no one can replace Rajeev. He's da best. Do u agree?
--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 2
yeah no one can replace rajeev coz he's the only one who can do the role of sujal marvelously
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanx for the article anyone here knows who'll be taking amna's place??
cooleyes thumbnail

V'true !

No one can replace Rajeev in KTH.

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Manjot

thanx for the article anyone here knows who'll be taking amna's place??

manjot😡
don't talk abt kashish😳😳😳...
btw he would have been a good replacement , coz even he acts very well, of couse sujal is well suited in kth, but he was not a bad replacement..😊
Edited by HUMM - 19 years ago
Ashez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

RAJEEV ROXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE HIZ PLACE.......

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thx for the article Shrutibali. It would have been a risk to try and replace Rajeev (no one can) and he would not have been succesful. I seriously think if he had come, no matter if he is a gd actor, the show would have flopped. KTH can only work with Rajeev and Aamna.