Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Ajnu=2012=End of days.

brr shiver me timbers

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Perception vs. Reality (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ania_91

Hello,

This is the first time I'm posting a topic here...this forum has always caught my interest though I dont participate as much in the fear that I lack the debating skills y'all got.

Anyways, moving on, when we interact with people online, we have this certain image formed for them ie. the way we percept them to be based on their opinions or a few likes/dislikes you might know about them. This is not really limited to their inner self but outer appearance too. However, when we find how different they are in reality, that percepted image breaks and the many opinions you might've formed about them. So, the question is, would you still treat them the same? would their real self bring in a difference in your behaviour towards them/him/her?
Should there be a difference in the way we treat them anyways? Confused 

The topic is broad so I guess everyone's take would be from a different point....  =)

Since I derailed the topic a bit, I owe a response.

I believe perception is reality. In the virtual world you view other peoples opinions, words and expressions, process it against your thoughts, knowledge and expectations and form a perception of who they are. Everyone will perceive each other differently. When you meet them in the real world, you will have more layers to process like appearance, behavior, actions. You will have formed a new perception.

[IRL all perceptions are formed concurrently until there are changes]

I think how you treat them depends completely on what sort of differences you see. Ideally different aspects of people should not change your opinion of them. Deep down within there is still that core human and character you perceived. Certain minor behavioral changes naturally occur, like feeling more friendly, feeling more distant, feeling more protective, feeling like family, which is the process of getting to know people better. Now when perceptions change drastically like when character flaws or strengths are revealed behavioral change is more.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--ania--

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 12:53am | IP Logged

I think perception that something undiscernible is happenings in life and truth is known in silence and feel by heart...Smile

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 19 December 2009 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ania_91

Hello,

Anyways, moving on, when we interact with people online, we have this certain image formed for them ie. the way we percept them to be based on their opinions or a few likes/dislikes you might know about them. This is not really limited to their inner self but outer appearance too. However, when we find how different they are in reality, that percepted image breaks and the many opinions you might've formed about them. So, the question is, would you still treat them the same? would their real self bring in a difference in your behaviour towards them/him/her?

If there are changes- obvious changes- that you see in the real life personality than in the virtual personality, then obviously, a difference in attitude towards that person would take place. It happens naturally.
But nevertheless, one must always realise that both the worlds are different. If the worlds are different, people would also behave differently , no matter how hard one might try to act the same- its just natural- as a person would behave differently in two different situations, the same case happens here. So i guess if you are meeting a virtual friend in real, you can give that person this much lease ! Also, it might not always be the other person's fault- you also might have made a mistake in forming a perception. In short what i mean is- zara dimaag khulla rakho. LOL
However, if you find out things like that person has been blatantly lying in the virtual world, then ofcourse your perception has to change big time !

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventide--ania--return_to_hades*Woh Ajnabee*

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 1:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 10:34am | IP Logged

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top