Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

FingerFetish

IF-Rockerz

FingerFetish

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Originally posted by siinnce.09

Think reality people. No one, nor male or female could ever tolerate or be able to endure seeing their family (despite their flaws) being tortured in such a horrifying way. Your able to comment about how Manav is wrong to hurt Archana etc etc, but you are the one being biased. Your only thinking about one situation, not Manavs. What person tell me, can watch their young innocent sister crying and screaching in pain whilst being physically abused for no reason. The trauma, the mental pain a person would endure during that circumstance is not even explainable. In a state of provocation and such anger, Manav took this step by showing how much it hurts to watch a loved one being hurt. He twisted her arm . But in reality people would go much further even stooping to a level of monstrosity by beating up their wives. A twist of the arm and bam! all of Manavs love, honesty, truthfullness is now being questioned. Suddenly Archana is the one who we should sympathise for. If you find it inhumane to see Manav hurt archana as she is female then why dont you also raise concerns about the fact that it is total INJUSTICE to physically torture a person in jail. Without solid proof of the crime, how dare the police do that. Believe me that is an issue you should raise. Oh well just my opinion.

Since u bring up reality here r some real situations that wud be true to real life :

Manav wud think twice before going to Karanjkar house in real life , leave aside twistting arm , coz second time if he goes in to police station , they will be harsher than before for not learning a lesson from their display of third degree .

Reality is third degree is indeed given by Indian police , dowry burning is frowned down upon and dealt with strictly and cheap women like Savita r indeed bashed up by women police .

reality is Sulochana wud NOT be decent enough to even take them in the house to listen to their tirade

Reality is Karanjkar family has NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO FEEL SORRY FOR SAVITA INSPITE OF SEEING HER BRUISES COZ SHE STOOD ON THEIR DOORSTEP AND LOUDLY TOLD ALL NEIGHBOURS THAT ARCHU WAS IN ALL LIKELIHOOD A PROSTITUTE............SAVITAS BRUISES WILL HEAL WITH TIME BUT ARCHUS REPUTATION IS DAMAGED FOREVER ...........so Manav has no business even expecting them to feel sorry for his cheapo mom

Reality is for twisting his wifes arm , police will damage the very hand that did it  inspite of the warning that they had given to Manav and Girishji wont bail him out this time for acting so stupidly

Reality also is Manav not feeling sorry for his mother like some Saint's son but getting irritated with her and saying In a sense ur also responsible for all what u got for u made PUnblic tamashas which that witch Manju used against u to frame u .............do upkaar and stop these public displays at least NOW . Two days in a lock up wud make all family members snap at each other instead of being goody goody and introspectively checking out where THEY THEMSELVES WENT WRONG ................

u SAY IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WUD GO TO MORE MONSTROUS LEVELS..............yES , only if they r in a position to do so . Thats real life for u . Not if ur not in a position . And mAnav has no position.........he didnt even have contacts to bail him out and depended on the charity of his brothers girlfriend's dad to take a step . Neither does Manav have contacts nor money to hire lawyers and sue the Karanjkars for destroying his reputation ..........and stepping in his wifes maayka is strictly off limits for him after the police case and his moms tamashas as ALL NEighbours will testify AGAINST his mom . Why , even his own chawl people went against her and any INDian son wud blast his mom for behaving so faaltu .

Okay firstly, I said think reality as in the mental impact such a situation would have upon the person enduring it. I strictly did NOT refer to realistic events, where Manav would do this and Savita would do that, vice versa. What I am trying to say is that an individual both male or female will not be able to stand seeing his family tortured right in front of their eyes.

Quite frankly speaking, when did I say that Savita did not deserve it ? She is a cheap and greedy woman and yes offcourse she deserves it. However you tell me, what explanation do you have in regards to Manavs sister ? You are so dead against what's happening to Archana but I don't see you saying anything about the unfairness of what the little sister had to go through.

Oh I see, well since I myself am not Indian and have not much knowledge in the Indian police and legal system, I did not know it was so largely frowned upon. But please tell me this, if the mother in law is to do the crime than why the hell is the sister enduring the third degree punishment/torture. An accused is innocent till proven guilty ! I did not see all these proofs, witnesses, claim that they saw Manav's little sister physically abuse and torture Archana. So how dare the police inflict such barbarous actions against a person whom has not even been proven guilty. Savita got what she deserved, but pray tell, did Manav's sister deserve it ?

You talk about how Savita's bruises will heal but Archana's reputation will be tarnished forever. Instead of focusing on her mother whom you know is not even in the right, why don't you mention Manavs sisters bruises ? Do you think being physically abused when innocent, will not cause a mental impact ? His sisters bruises will heal but will the fear and trauma of what happened ever heal ? A girl who has never been in jail is suddenly thrown in and treated like an animal. Will that experience ever heal or be forgotten ? And do you honestly think her reputation is still intact ? If so then LOL to that because since you speak of reality, let me give you a dose of reality too. After being sent to jail from being accused of torturing the daughter in law, do you honestly think her reputation would not be ruined. Will people not frown down at her because she had gone to jail ? Realistically they would so not just Archana's but his sisters reputation went down the hill too.

Although Savita is bad, greedy but what child can usually see the flaws of their parents. I'm not saying Savita is good all I am saying is that for the bad or the worse, it still hurts to see your mother being hit that way. All people are different, some would react by being sensible and not try to further hurt the case. But some people would not be able to sit there and just think about it. A mans pride and ego Is something us girls will probably never understand, but as far as I know anyone who went through what he did may react the same way.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GHT_ArMandevashree_h.Mandy.isomersnikitagmc

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manav : Way out of Line (Page 4)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

isomers

IF-Sizzlerz

isomers

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
^^ I agree with every word you said! Archana can never bring back her sister-in-law's innocence and peace of mind. This incident would leave a scar and it can be extremely traumatizing for the whole family.

Whatever Manav did is completely correct and understandable in my opinion. No matter how bad Savita is, she's still his mother and a son can never see bad in his mother. He's a human, he has anger too. And when a person's siblings and parents are being treated like this, no person can just stand and take it. Actually, if he didn't do anything about it, then I would think that he's not normal!

Infact, now that I think about it, whatever Manav is going to do with Archana and her family is a-okay with me.

-edit add-

Not to mention that Vandu has to get married! She has a whole life to live and this one incident can tarnish her whole reputation.

Edited by nityatarlapally - 16 December 2009 at 4:30pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_h

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
siinnce.09, Great post! I agree with you! Manav knows that his mother is far from perfect but as a son it had to hurt him to see his mother being beaten like that, then his sister as well. What has Vandu done to deserve that? She has always treated Archana well. The cops were way out of line, what they did to Manav and his family was wrong. Manav twisting Archana's arm is nothing compared to what he and his family endured in jail, and what they continue to endure after being released. Their reputations have been tarnished.

isomers

sajibabe

sajibabe

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
well i hated manav today when manav asked vinod the question, i just touched your sister & it hurt, but i so my mum & sis getting thrashed, how do you think felt?

i would have turned around & said the complaint was made about what you just did to my sister looser? plus finally you got a tongue because your own blood was in trouble, where were you looser manav? when your mum was psychologically torturing my sister & calling her chractterless & cheap tart, how did you think i felt, when you her so called hubby just stood there & did nothing?????
that would have shut this looser up for once & all,what manav did today was disgusting & he desrves a slap for it,

you know balaji shows work, but to be honest i don't why the viewers turn blind eye to her repeated formula when it comes to villan & women
manju getting away with murder,archu never speaking in fron of that witch savita aai, it's a disgrace, family standing there watching abuse. like today they could have thrown it back at manav's face,by reminding him how repeatly his so called mother humiliated them, where was he then & where was he when his loud mouth mother called his wife cheap & assisnated her character so cheaply?
that would have been enough for this hero to shut his mouth & leg it off with his evil witch mum,but balaji never ever do anything different & that's why i can't do with such a half baked shows of theres

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mind-googlingkoolsadhu1000

isomers

IF-Sizzlerz

isomers

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sajibabe

well i hated manav today when manav asked vinod the question, i just touched your sister & it hurt, but i so my mum & sis getting thrashed, how do you think felt?

i would have turned around & said the complaint was made about what you just did to my sister looser? plus finally you got a tongue because your own blood was in trouble, where were you looser manav? when your mum was psychologically torturing my sister & calling her chractterless & cheap tart, how did you think i felt, when you her so called hubby just stood there & did nothing?????
that would have shut this looser up for once & all,what manav did today was disgusting & he desrves a slap for it,

you know balaji shows work, but to be honest i don't why the viewers turn blind eye to her repeated formula when it comes to villan & women
manju getting away with murder,archu never speaking in fron of that witch savita aai, it's a disgrace, family standing there watching abuse. like today they could have thrown it back at manav's face,by reminding him how repeatly his so called mother humiliated them, where was he then & where was he when his loud mouth mother called his wife cheap & assisnated her character so cheaply?
that would have been enough for this hero to shut his mouth & leg it off with his evil witch mum,but balaji never ever do anything different & that's why i can't do with such a half baked shows of theres

Do you watch the show?
I'm not trying to be rude here..but if your insulting the show and Balaji..you shouldn't be watching it.

pria4ever

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nityatarlapally

Originally posted by sajibabe

Do you watch the show?
I'm not trying to be rude here..but if your insulting the show and Balaji..you shouldn't be watching it.

Oh please , she is just stating an opinion like so many did in this thread . In this forum many crticise Ekta calling her Kekta and have a laugh at Balaji shows . I dont think it is an insult or was meant to be , please let us not even get into that and continue our discussion or the discussion will break . It has been a wonderful discussion to this point .........let us not get into other avenues .

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 5:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Think reality people. No one, nor male or female could ever tolerate or be able to endure seeing their family (despite their flaws) being tortured in such a horrifying way. Your able to comment about how Manav is wrong to hurt Archana etc etc, but you are the one being biased. Your only thinking about one situation, not Manavs. What person tell me, can watch their young innocent sister crying and screaching in pain whilst being physically abused for no reason. The trauma, the mental pain a person would endure during that circumstance is not even explainable. In a state of provocation and such anger, Manav took this step by showing how much it hurts to watch a loved one being hurt. He twisted her arm . But in reality people would go much further even stooping to a level of monstrosity by beating up their wives. A twist of the arm and bam! all of Manavs love, honesty, truthfullness is now being questioned. Suddenly Archana is the one who we should sympathise for. If you find it inhumane to see Manav hurt archana as she is female then why dont you also raise concerns about the fact that it is total INJUSTICE to physically torture a person in jail. Without solid proof of the crime, how dare the police do that. Believe me that is an issue you should raise. Oh well just my opinion.

Since u bring up reality here r some real situations that wud be true to real life :

Manav wud think twice before going to Karanjkar house in real life , leave aside twistting arm , coz second time if he goes in to police station , they will be harsher than before for not learning a lesson from their display of third degree .

Reality is third degree is indeed given by Indian police , dowry burning is frowned down upon and dealt with strictly and cheap women like Savita r indeed bashed up by women police .

reality is Sulochana wud NOT be decent enough to even take them in the house to listen to their tirade

Reality is Karanjkar family has NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO FEEL SORRY FOR SAVITA INSPITE OF SEEING HER BRUISES COZ SHE STOOD ON THEIR DOORSTEP AND LOUDLY TOLD ALL NEIGHBOURS THAT ARCHU WAS IN ALL LIKELIHOOD A PROSTITUTE............SAVITAS BRUISES WILL HEAL WITH TIME BUT ARCHUS REPUTATION IS DAMAGED FOREVER ...........so Manav has no business even expecting them to feel sorry for his cheapo mom

Reality is for twisting his wifes arm , police will damage the very hand that did it  inspite of the warning that they had given to Manav and Girishji wont bail him out this time for acting so stupidly

Reality also is Manav not feeling sorry for his mother like some Saint's son but getting irritated with her and saying In a sense ur also responsible for all what u got for u made PUnblic tamashas which that witch Manju used against u to frame u .............do upkaar and stop these public displays at least NOW . Two days in a lock up wud make all family members snap at each other instead of being goody goody and introspectively checking out where THEY THEMSELVES WENT WRONG ................

u SAY IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WUD GO TO MORE MONSTROUS LEVELS..............yES , only if they r in a position to do so . Thats real life for u . Not if ur not in a position . And mAnav has no position.........he didnt even have contacts to bail him out and depended on the charity of his brothers girlfriend's dad to take a step . Neither does Manav have contacts nor money to hire lawyers and sue the Karanjkars for destroying his reputation ..........and stepping in his wifes maayka is strictly off limits for him after the police case and his moms tamashas as ALL NEighbours will testify AGAINST his mom . Why , even his own chawl people went against her and any INDian son wud blast his mom for behaving so faaltu .

Okay firstly, I said think reality as in the mental impact such a situation would have upon the person enduring it. I strictly did NOT refer to realistic events, where Manav would do this and Savita would do that, vice versa. What I am trying to say is that an individual both male or female will not be able to stand seeing his family tortured right in front of their eyes.

Quite frankly speaking, when did I say that Savita did not deserve it ? She is a cheap and greedy woman and yes offcourse she deserves it. However you tell me, what explanation do you have in regards to Manavs sister ? You are so dead against what's happening to Archana but I don't see you saying anything about the unfairness of what the little sister had to go through.

Oh I see, well since I myself am not Indian and have not much knowledge in the Indian police and legal system, I did not know it was so largely frowned upon. But please tell me this, if the mother in law is to do the crime than why the hell is the sister enduring the third degree punishment/torture. An accused is innocent till proven guilty ! I did not see all these proofs, witnesses, claim that they saw Manav's little sister physically abuse and torture Archana. So how dare the police inflict such barbarous actions against a person whom has not even been proven guilty. Savita got what she deserved, but pray tell, did Manav's sister deserve it ?

You talk about how Savita's bruises will heal but Archana's reputation will be tarnished forever. Instead of focusing on her mother whom you know is not even in the right, why don't you mention Manavs sisters bruises ? Do you think being physically abused when innocent, will not cause a mental impact ? His sisters bruises will heal but will the fear and trauma of what happened ever heal ? A girl who has never been in jail is suddenly thrown in and treated like an animal. Will that experience ever heal or be forgotten ? And do you honestly think her reputation is still intact ? If so then LOL to that because since you speak of reality, let me give you a dose of reality too. After being sent to jail from being accused of torturing the daughter in law, do you honestly think her reputation would not be ruined. Will people not frown down at her because she had gone to jail ? Realistically they would so not just Archana's but his sisters reputation went down the hill too.

Although Savita is bad, greedy but what child can usually see the flaws of their parents. I'm not saying Savita is good all I am saying is that for the bad or the worse, it still hurts to see your mother being hit that way. All people are different, some would react by being sensible and not try to further hurt the case. But some people would not be able to sit there and just think about it. A mans pride and ego Is something us girls will probably never understand, but as far as I know anyone who went through what he did may react the same way.

You asked a very important question. U asked if the mother in law has done a crime why is the sister in law being subjected to third degree .........what has the poor thing done .

Since I am an Indian , since I stayed there since my birth and since i still partly go there and stay there .............I have even frequented the suburb they show in Pavitra Rishta .........Dombivili ..........a typical Maharshtrian suburb.........we had many relatives there , I got the chance to see some police cases from a close quarter .

This whole thing of hauling in mother in laws and sister in laws and giving them the third degree started when dowry burning was at its peak in the late seventies and eighties . India witnessed a spate of dowry burning issues where deaths of daughter in laws occured by burning them when it was discovered that she cud bring in no more dowry .  The cases had a pattern as Indian families and the torture had a pattern too . The pattern of torture was that the mother in law , along with the sister in law harassed the daughter in law for dowry ...........which the mother in law used in getting her own daughter married off . It was a business ........a ruthless one and a terrible social evil .  In eighty percent of the cases , the bahu was burnt by throwing kerosene on her in the kitchen by the mother in law and her daughter as an aid .......with sometimes the son joining in . It wud be later told to neighbours that the bahu had an ' accident ' while preparing something like tea on the stove .

Hundreds died like this ..........coz this pattern gained tremendous popularity . It was easy to get rid of an unwanted bahu this way as nothing cud be proved and the son wud quietly get married off in a few months to a richer prospect . Sometimes the greed was so much that the mother in law wud bump of at least three bahus [ marrying the same son thrice] and get away with it saying it was a wretched coincidence . Point is these cases were hard to prove .

Just like we have TADA laws today to pull in suspected terrorists and give them the third degree without proof , police were given the green signal to haul in such mother in laws AND sister in laws and give them some third degree to install the fear of God in them if the bahu lodged an FIR against them in the station saying my life is in danger .

What we saw in Pavita Rishta was precisely this . Manju lodges a case of abuse . The mother in law is given the third degree to firighten her , and the sister in law is pulled in due to the pattern . The police will not care if Vandu is innocent or not once the FIR is lodged . This is ruthless but true fact . If the complaint is of in law harassment first people to get beaten up will be mother in law , sister in law and husband .........even if he declares that he is unaware of the torture given to his wife . This is the modus operandi of the police coz their focus is to AVOID a future death if they can . Their logic is simple : These bruises will go but remain fresh in mind of the in laws and an innocent person will not die coz if they r planning to do off with their bahu , after this sampling they will change their plan .

And Vandu suffered the brunt of the system due to Manju's exploitation of the loopholes in the system and her own mother's immense arrogance and stupidity . This system is not perfect but it was succesful in putting the fear of god in mother in laws who were planning to do away with their bahus and statistics showed that dowry deaths decreased rapidly . In fact , in cities in India , in laws sometimes live in fear that if the bahu complains , they may be subject to intense humiliation .

Vandu did not suffer due to Karanjkars or Archana . She suffered due to her mother's arrogance and stupidity . Her mother went and did tamashas in public places..........that was Savitas trademark ...........her public brawls . Manju was present at every public tamasha . She used them perfectly against Savita at the correct moment . The visarjan where she took away the mangal sutra . the road in front of Karanjkar house where she told everyone loudly their daughter was a whore , the office on Archanas first day [ Manju wasnt here but she knew later] Sachins engagement ............the market place where Savita called Archana like some roadside dada to make her sign on divorce papers . This public terrorization is awful . What Savita did in summation , was going after Archana with a hatchet and ensuring that she wud not live in society with her head held up . I will destroy your reputation and see how u live in this society was Savita's cruel agenda . It had not mattered to her if Archana wud be unable to take that slaughter of her reputation and perhaps commit sucide . For a simple Maharshtrian girl from a middle class family in Dombivli , Thane or Dadar will in all probability do this . And so it is shown in Pavitra Rishta that as a karmic punishment , Savita's own blameless daughter Vandu's reputation was destroyed too .............now it wont be easy to marry Vandu off . She went to dig Archana's grave and her karma rebounded on her and today her daughter fell in the grave instead .

This wud have happened to SAvita on that first day when she went , stood outside the karanjkars house and told everyone purposefully that their daughter was a whore . Archanas reputation went up in flames then . Had the Karanjkars called police then they wud have lifted her in police van and taken her to lock up there itself . Unfortunately we do not see that . Neither do we see Vinod asking Manav that today when bruises were inflicted on your sister you r boiling with rage but where were u when your mom stood on the road and told everyone that my sister was a whore .Do u even know this ? We did not do police complaint then and so she went beyond limits . Your mother did a hatchet job with my sister and  was uncontrollable by sheer talk so police had to step in . If they operated roughly it is not our fault ...........we had not given them specific instructions to beat your sister . They followed procedure .  How dare u come in my house and twist the arm of my sister ........if i call the police now , they will give u such third degree that this hand with which u did this will be taken out of your socket . And your mother will get even fresher bruises ..............so if u truly care about those bruises , you really wudnt be here FOR THEIR SAKE .

Which is , pathetically , true . For his sister and moms sake Manav shud have not been shown to be so foolhardy . But Vinod didnt say this . Coz he is decent . Sulochna too , took them in the house she cud have talked from the doorstep itself .

Today this whole thing boils down to how poor Vandu will salvage her reputation . Well Vandus mom had not bothered about  Archanas reputation when she character assasinated her at every public place . Character assasination is regarded as a heinous crime coz it often leads to suicide . Any girl in Archus place wud have committed suicide long back ..........reputation once gone never comes back . Savita had a daughter of her own but she was perfectly ok with driving another mans daughter to perhaps suicide . This crime is as heinous as murder attempt ...........make no mistake of that . Poor Vandu paid for her mother's sins . There is a saying in English .........you pay for the sins of your father . And that is precisely what poor Vandu suffered .

Yet we do not see Manav snapping at his mom that even you cud have toned down your tamashas a little so we wud not be in this place .........see , no one is ready to be on our side , even the chawl people . This is all due to your nature . To date we do not see Manav saying this . He is yet to figure out that his mother had an unholy alliance with a snake called Manju who bit their full family . Will Manav twist his moms arm then ? I think not . Also , hundred percent , even in rage , he will not dare to twist Manjus arm . Yet he twisted Archnas arm simply coz like a tongue tied dumb animal she took it . Savita too bullied Archana coz she knew that she is soft , gutless and will take it . This twisting of arm is an act of ' right over a woman ' which needs to be corrected . No one has any right over a woman in this way , even husband . If he has so much righteous rage he can use Girish's influence , go to higher ups and get that police woman suspended for going overboard while following procedure . Is he even attempting it ? No , he is busy planning for his brothers wedding . His way of dealing with his rage was legally and morally wrong ........twisting the arm of a simple girl who he knew wud quietly take it , and hence my anger as a viewer against him .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 17 December 2009 at 5:34am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4evernikitagmcisomers

SweetFifi

IF-Dazzler

SweetFifi

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged
kools..i agree with you wholeheartedly...i dont think there is anything i can add there, you said it all. It wasn't Archana or her family's fault that Manav and his family was jailed, it was all Savita's doing. Why did he get mad that sul aai didn't want him talking to Archana when he was in jail, she was just protecting her daughter from further abuse by...again...
Savita. I think most of the views expressed on this thread which are pro Manav is only because he is HOT and he can do no wrong. Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top