Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: satyamdas

What Manav has done is not worth defending. The script has many loopholes. Of course his family was tortured in the lock up thats what made him react like this. But WHY HE DIDN'T SHOUT AT MANJU for this? Did he see Archana doing this? So why can't he simply understand that Manju is Ajit's sister and it might be their act?

Because he does things without thinking, his marriage was ruined and he never bothered to get any evidence to prove his innocence. His father came on the scene and got enough evidence in one episode to prove his innocence. He took all his mother's lies about Archana getting married to Satish and never bothered one time to ask Archu is it was true. He act stupid sometimes, and because of this stupidity his entire family had to pay for it. Savita is crying crocodile tears right now but she deserves it, and soluchana is right in defending her daughter and wanting everything good for her. That is what parents do, they always want good for their daughters. I dont see her being wrong at all.
JayaBachan thumbnail
Think reality people. No one, nor male or female could ever tolerate or be able to endure seeing their family (despite their flaws) being tortured in such a horrifying way. Your able to comment about how Manav is wrong to hurt Archana etc etc, but you are the one being biased. Your only thinking about one situation, not Manavs. What person tell me, can watch their young innocent sister crying and screaching in pain whilst being physically abused for no reason. The trauma, the mental pain a person would endure during that circumstance is not even explainable. In a state of provocation and such anger, Manav took this step by showing how much it hurts to watch a loved one being hurt. He twisted her arm . But in reality people would go much further even stooping to a level of monstrosity by beating up their wives. A twist of the arm and bam! all of Manavs love, honesty, truthfullness is now being questioned. Suddenly Archana is the one who we should sympathise for. If you find it inhumane to see Manav hurt archana as she is female then why dont you also raise concerns about the fact that it is total INJUSTICE to physically torture a person in jail. Without solid proof of the crime, how dare the police do that. Believe me that is an issue you should raise. Oh well just my opinion.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: siinnce.09

Think reality people. No one, nor male or female could ever tolerate or be able to endure seeing their family (despite their flaws) being tortured in such a horrifying way. Your able to comment about how Manav is wrong to hurt Archana etc etc, but you are the one being biased. Your only thinking about one situation, not Manavs. What person tell me, can watch their young innocent sister crying and screaching in pain whilst being physically abused for no reason. The trauma, the mental pain a person would endure during that circumstance is not even explainable. In a state of provocation and such anger, Manav took this step by showing how much it hurts to watch a loved one being hurt. He twisted her arm . But in reality people would go much further even stooping to a level of monstrosity by beating up their wives. A twist of the arm and bam! all of Manavs love, honesty, truthfullness is now being questioned. Suddenly Archana is the one who we should sympathise for. If you find it inhumane to see Manav hurt archana as she is female then why dont you also raise concerns about the fact that it is total INJUSTICE to physically torture a person in jail. Without solid proof of the crime, how dare the police do that. Believe me that is an issue you should raise. Oh well just my opinion.

Since u bring up reality here r some real situations that wud be true to real life :

Manav wud think twice before going to Karanjkar house in real life , leave aside twistting arm , coz second time if he goes in to police station , they will be harsher than before for not learning a lesson from their display of third degree .

Reality is third degree is indeed given by Indian police , dowry burning is frowned down upon and dealt with strictly and cheap women like Savita r indeed bashed up by women police .

reality is Sulochana wud NOT be decent enough to even take them in the house to listen to their tirade

Reality is Karanjkar family has NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO FEEL SORRY FOR SAVITA INSPITE OF SEEING HER BRUISES COZ SHE STOOD ON THEIR DOORSTEP AND LOUDLY TOLD ALL NEIGHBOURS THAT ARCHU WAS IN ALL LIKELIHOOD A PROSTITUTE............SAVITAS BRUISES WILL HEAL WITH TIME BUT ARCHUS REPUTATION IS DAMAGED FOREVER ...........so Manav has no business even expecting them to feel sorry for his cheapo mom

Reality is for twisting his wifes arm , police will damage the very hand that did it  inspite of the warning that they had given to Manav and Girishji wont bail him out this time for acting so stupidly

Reality also is Manav not feeling sorry for his mother like some Saint's son but getting irritated with her and saying In a sense ur also responsible for all what u got for u made PUnblic tamashas which that witch Manju used against u to frame u .............do upkaar and stop these public displays at least NOW . Two days in a lock up wud make all family members snap at each other instead of being goody goody and introspectively checking out where THEY THEMSELVES WENT WRONG ................

u SAY IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WUD GO TO MORE MONSTROUS LEVELS..............yES , only if they r in a position to do so . Thats real life for u . Not if ur not in a position . And mAnav has no position.........he didnt even have contacts to bail him out and depended on the charity of his brothers girlfriend's dad to take a step . Neither does Manav have contacts nor money to hire lawyers and sue the Karanjkars for destroying his reputation ..........and stepping in his wifes maayka is strictly off limits for him after the police case and his moms tamashas as ALL NEighbours will testify AGAINST his mom . Why , even his own chawl people went against her and any INDian son wud blast his mom for behaving so faaltu .

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: guptill

@koolsadhu1000:
I am not die hard fan of manav.....................I also initially thought that he did wrong.................but remember he wanted all to realize the pain he has suffered......................dont forget.................MANAV DID THIS TO ARCHU NOT VARSHU OR VAISHALI WHICH SHOWS THAT STILL HE THINKS THAT HE HAS GOT THAT MUCH RIGHT TO DO SO................you scold or twist arms of those whom u think is your close one.............AND manav will not twist arm of manju as he has no right, but surely vinod will do...........this doesnt mean that vinod dont love manju.............
But still there is just a littttttttttle harsh one by manv, but its alright as his intention was not to hurt archu rather than make all realize her pain...........

My dear guptill , with all due respect to ur opinion , This reasoning itself is wrong in my opinion . He did it to Archu coz he thinks he has the right to do so ? Who told u or even that Ekta kapoor who churns out thse soaps that a husband has the right to do so if he feels justified enough in any situation ?

The fact is my dear HE HAS NO RIGHT . LEGALLY OR MORALLY . If he hates his wife so much , law gives him option to divorce her and throw her out of his life forever ..........law does not permit him to twist his wife's arm even to prove a point . Wife is not an object and this HAQ JATANA THING is not romantic it is barbaric and Cheap . Why was Manav so much against his sainted mom being slapped by his father even after thirty years of marraige ? Do u have any answer to that ? At least his father was married to Savita for thirty years or twentyfive years and still Manav felt that lifting hand on the woman of the family , his mom , was wrong ! That too , although his mom was a real piece of work .

Well he was correct . Lifting hand on a wife is NOT THE HAQ or RIGHT of a husband .........whatever the situation may be . And in this case the right or haq wears off even thin, as they hardly had a marraige and their case is in the divorce court !

On one hand EKTA shows mothers like Sulochana who r broad minded enough to give muh tod jawab to bahu and sell jewellery to educate their daughter saying like u care about Punni I will care about my daughter . And on the other hand it is implied in this soap that if Manav feels the right to twist his wifes arm painfully behind her back and make her scream it is actually born out of the feeling of love he has in his heart ! I cannot believe this horrifying message !
JayaBachan thumbnail
Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

Since u bring up reality here r some real situations that wud be true to real life :

Manav wud think twice before going to Karanjkar house in real life , leave aside twistting arm , coz second time if he goes in to police station , they will be harsher than before for not learning a lesson from their display of third degree .

Reality is third degree is indeed given by Indian police , dowry burning is frowned down upon and dealt with strictly and cheap women like Savita r indeed bashed up by women police .

reality is Sulochana wud NOT be decent enough to even take them in the house to listen to their tirade

Reality is Karanjkar family has NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO FEEL SORRY FOR SAVITA INSPITE OF SEEING HER BRUISES COZ SHE STOOD ON THEIR DOORSTEP AND LOUDLY TOLD ALL NEIGHBOURS THAT ARCHU WAS IN ALL LIKELIHOOD A PROSTITUTE............SAVITAS BRUISES WILL HEAL WITH TIME BUT ARCHUS REPUTATION IS DAMAGED FOREVER ...........so Manav has no business even expecting them to feel sorry for his cheapo mom

Reality is for twisting his wifes arm , police will damage the very hand that did it  inspite of the warning that they had given to Manav and Girishji wont bail him out this time for acting so stupidly

Reality also is Manav not feeling sorry for his mother like some Saint's son but getting irritated with her and saying In a sense ur also responsible for all what u got for u made PUnblic tamashas which that witch Manju used against u to frame u .............do upkaar and stop these public displays at least NOW . Two days in a lock up wud make all family members snap at each other instead of being goody goody and introspectively checking out where THEY THEMSELVES WENT WRONG ................

u SAY IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WUD GO TO MORE MONSTROUS LEVELS..............yES , only if they r in a position to do so . Thats real life for u . Not if ur not in a position . And mAnav has no position.........he didnt even have contacts to bail him out and depended on the charity of his brothers girlfriend's dad to take a step . Neither does Manav have contacts nor money to hire lawyers and sue the Karanjkars for destroying his reputation ..........and stepping in his wifes maayka is strictly off limits for him after the police case and his moms tamashas as ALL NEighbours will testify AGAINST his mom . Why , even his own chawl people went against her and any INDian son wud blast his mom for behaving so faaltu .

Okay firstly, I said think reality as in the mental impact such a situation would have upon the person enduring it. I strictly did NOT refer to realistic events, where Manav would do this and Savita would do that, vice versa. What I am trying to say is that an individual both male or female will not be able to stand seeing his family tortured right in front of their eyes.

Quite frankly speaking, when did I say that Savita did not deserve it ? She is a cheap and greedy woman and yes offcourse she deserves it. However you tell me, what explanation do you have in regards to Manavs sister ? You are so dead against what's happening to Archana but I don't see you saying anything about the unfairness of what the little sister had to go through.

Oh I see, well since I myself am not Indian and have not much knowledge in the Indian police and legal system, I did not know it was so largely frowned upon. But please tell me this, if the mother in law is to do the crime than why the hell is the sister enduring the third degree punishment/torture. An accused is innocent till proven guilty ! I did not see all these proofs, witnesses, claim that they saw Manav's little sister physically abuse and torture Archana. So how dare the police inflict such barbarous actions against a person whom has not even been proven guilty. Savita got what she deserved, but pray tell, did Manav's sister deserve it ?

You talk about how Savita's bruises will heal but Archana's reputation will be tarnished forever. Instead of focusing on her mother whom you know is not even in the right, why don't you mention Manavs sisters bruises ? Do you think being physically abused when innocent, will not cause a mental impact ? His sisters bruises will heal but will the fear and trauma of what happened ever heal ? A girl who has never been in jail is suddenly thrown in and treated like an animal. Will that experience ever heal or be forgotten ? And do you honestly think her reputation is still intact ? If so then LOL to that because since you speak of reality, let me give you a dose of reality too. After being sent to jail from being accused of torturing the daughter in law, do you honestly think her reputation would not be ruined. Will people not frown down at her because she had gone to jail ? Realistically they would so not just Archana's but his sisters reputation went down the hill too.

Although Savita is bad, greedy but what child can usually see the flaws of their parents. I'm not saying Savita is good all I am saying is that for the bad or the worse, it still hurts to see your mother being hit that way. All people are different, some would react by being sensible and not try to further hurt the case. But some people would not be able to sit there and just think about it. A mans pride and ego Is something us girls will probably never understand, but as far as I know anyone who went through what he did may react the same way.

isomers thumbnail
^^ I agree with every word you said! Archana can never bring back her sister-in-law's innocence and peace of mind. This incident would leave a scar and it can be extremely traumatizing for the whole family.

Whatever Manav did is completely correct and understandable in my opinion. No matter how bad Savita is, she's still his mother and a son can never see bad in his mother. He's a human, he has anger too. And when a person's siblings and parents are being treated like this, no person can just stand and take it. Actually, if he didn't do anything about it, then I would think that he's not normal!

Infact, now that I think about it, whatever Manav is going to do with Archana and her family is a-okay with me.

-edit add-

Not to mention that Vandu has to get married! She has a whole life to live and this one incident can tarnish her whole reputation.
Edited by nityatarlapally - 14 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
siinnce.09, Great post! I agree with you! Manav knows that his mother is far from perfect but as a son it had to hurt him to see his mother being beaten like that, then his sister as well. What has Vandu done to deserve that? She has always treated Archana well. The cops were way out of line, what they did to Manav and his family was wrong. Manav twisting Archana's arm is nothing compared to what he and his family endured in jail, and what they continue to endure after being released. Their reputations have been tarnished.
sajibabe thumbnail
well i hated manav today when manav asked vinod the question, i just touched your sister & it hurt, but i so my mum & sis getting thrashed, how do you think felt?

i would have turned around & said the complaint was made about what you just did to my sister looser? plus finally you got a tongue because your own blood was in trouble, where were you looser manav? when your mum was psychologically torturing my sister & calling her chractterless & cheap tart, how did you think i felt, when you her so called hubby just stood there & did nothing?????
that would have shut this looser up for once & all,what manav did today was disgusting & he desrves a slap for it,

you know balaji shows work, but to be honest i don't why the viewers turn blind eye to her repeated formula when it comes to villan & women
manju getting away with murder,archu never speaking in fron of that witch savita aai, it's a disgrace, family standing there watching abuse. like today they could have thrown it back at manav's face,by reminding him how repeatly his so called mother humiliated them, where was he then & where was he when his loud mouth mother called his wife cheap & assisnated her character so cheaply?
that would have been enough for this hero to shut his mouth & leg it off with his evil witch mum,but balaji never ever do anything different & that's why i can't do with such a half baked shows of theres

isomers thumbnail
Originally posted by: sajibabe

well i hated manav today when manav asked vinod the question, i just touched your sister & it hurt, but i so my mum & sis getting thrashed, how do you think felt?

i would have turned around & said the complaint was made about what you just did to my sister looser? plus finally you got a tongue because your own blood was in trouble, where were you looser manav? when your mum was psychologically torturing my sister & calling her chractterless & cheap tart, how did you think i felt, when you her so called hubby just stood there & did nothing?????
that would have shut this looser up for once & all,what manav did today was disgusting & he desrves a slap for it,

you know balaji shows work, but to be honest i don't why the viewers turn blind eye to her repeated formula when it comes to villan & women
manju getting away with murder,archu never speaking in fron of that witch savita aai, it's a disgrace, family standing there watching abuse. like today they could have thrown it back at manav's face,by reminding him how repeatly his so called mother humiliated them, where was he then & where was he when his loud mouth mother called his wife cheap & assisnated her character so cheaply?
that would have been enough for this hero to shut his mouth & leg it off with his evil witch mum,but balaji never ever do anything different & that's why i can't do with such a half baked shows of theres

Do you watch the show?
I'm not trying to be rude here..but if your insulting the show and Balaji..you shouldn't be watching it.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nityatarlapally

Do you watch the show?
I'm not trying to be rude here..but if your insulting the show and Balaji..you shouldn't be watching it.

Oh please , she is just stating an opinion like so many did in this thread . In this forum many crticise Ekta calling her Kekta and have a laugh at Balaji shows . I dont think it is an insult or was meant to be , please let us not even get into that and continue our discussion or the discussion will break . It has been a wonderful discussion to this point .........let us not get into other avenues .