sumaira.daud

Goldie

sumaira.daud

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

MAACHIS
Episode 7
November 15, 2005

As-salamo Alaikum!

Well, I was watching Maachis and decided to talk about it.  So here goes the story.

There was a mother, two daughters, and a friend of the eldest daughter.  The eldest daughter works, and is unmarried.  The youngest daughter is married.  They are five years apart.  When the younger daughter was born the elder daughter was very jealous that no one paid attention to her.  So she was always jealous of her sister.  When it was time for her to get married, some proposals came but they always liked the younger daughter.  The mother just said that they want the eldest daughter married first.  But one proposal came for the elder daughter, they liked the younger daughter, and the mother accepted.  The younger daughter got married, but the eldest daughter complains.  She says that her mother said she would wait till the older daughter was married but didn't stick to her promise.  Meanwhile, listening to this, her friend keeps on telling her that "look your mother and sister don't care for you...if they did they wouldn't be doing this".  The elder daughter thinks that the mother and her younger sister are against her, but the mother keeps on assuring her that she's not, and so does the younger sister.

So my thoughts:

I think that the elder daughter was insecure from the beginning.  Obviously she was jealous from the beginning, so whether her younger sister got married or not, I think she would've been jealous of anything she did.  I think it's afsos ki baat that she is accusing her own mother and sister of these crimes.  Surely they aren't against her.  What mother would be against her own jism ka hissa?  Even the mother says that.  I don't know what her problem is.  Really I think it's the friend who is talking behind the elder daughter.  It's her that's actually talking, through the elder daughter.  She's doing dakhal andaazi and filling those thoughts in her mind.  So I think that the friend is a culprit. 

So, on to you guys.  Share your thoughts.  What do you think?

Edited by sumaira.daud - 15 November 2005 at 1:58pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maachis- Sister's relationship" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Maha21

IF-Veteran Member

Maha21

Sony Channel

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
I agree with you that the friend and other people might be filling her ears but if you think about it from the point of view of the elder daughter, she is bound to feel insecure and unhappy not because of her mother and sister but more so because of the people who chose the younger sis over her... How do you think it would feel if people came to see her and reject her... Maybe her mother is not being as supportive as she should be, maybe she did do things unintentionally though that made the elder daughter feel that way... Also, there was a five years difference between the two daughters, so the mother shouldn't have rushed into marrying the younger one unless the older one would have crossed a certain age...

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Clap

WOW sumaira....Gud jib waise we have been discussing machis episode issues for the past 2 weeks and we will defin8ly continue doing so

OMG the older daughter has PROBLEMS Angry
Yes im sure she feels insecure but maybe theres something about her that all proposals perfer the younger sister. She should be happy for her sister. Yea at first she might be a bit upset but she should get over it. blaming her sister and mother is the worst to do because both love her lots and neither would do such a thing 2 her. Most of all , i am really annoyed at her friend. her frind if silling her head wilth all these ideas and corrupting her. she is turning sister against sister and mother against daughter

ok ab bas thats all i hafta say u rite more now

sumaira.daud

Goldie

sumaira.daud

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Hmm...u both have a point...but come on...it's her sister...she shouldn't feel that way about her...why would her sister want to do that to her...it's not her fault they liked her sister more than herself...and what was her mother gonna do...let her younger daughter hang on a string...who knows maybe she'd go run off with a guy...getting your daughter married to a guy when he comes is the right thing to do.  And it's not like the mother's not looking for a guy for her elder daughter...she said she was...but just cant seem to find the right guy...some people say no we dont want a working bahu...and some people just say she's too fat or whatever...I mean I know that's mean...but it's life...u gotta adjust to those things...maybe change urself...

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Thats an interesting case.

Well, Jealousy is a seed, which is bowed once in someone's mind, it never dies. if she was jealous at the age of 5, when many of us don't even care wats going around us.
As for marriage. I stongly believe, that it happens with kismat. jaab shaadi honi hoti hai, ussi waqat hi hoti hai. tu kya pata choti behan ki kismat main yehi tha. aur uss ko abhi wait karna hai. I know many ppl, jin ki choti beti ki shaadi pehlye howi thi, aur bari ki baad main. I don't think its such a big deal.
Plus, people filling her ears is the most horrible thing, which can happen. but, I don't understand one thing, keh jin parents naye pidha ki, why will they differ? I mean parents keh liye tu batchye eik jisaye hotye hain na. tu iss main pareshan honye ki kya zaroorat hai.

My Bro is 10 years younger then me. aur meri aur uski ghar main saab saye zidha dosti hai. aur agar behan bhi hoti, uss ki jaga, tu I am 110% sure, keh I wouldn't have mind.

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:23am | IP Logged
i think feeling insecure is right coz
1- her parents should have given her same attention they were giving before
2-no one seems to care about her (there's a big difference in doing and saying!)
3- something must have forced her to behave like this such as the behaiour towards her
u must be feeling that i'm supporting her buti'm not i'm just looking at things from both sides

Maha21

IF-Veteran Member

Maha21

Sony Channel

Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:45am | IP Logged
I would say that there has to be somthing that trigerred that feeling in the elder daughters mind... Come on, at the age of 5, her friends would not have said anything... Maybe the younger daughter was more cute/preety and the older daughter, and the mom or whoever might have said such things at a young age and so caused insecurity at tha age... Also, if the mother knew that at the age of 5 her daughter felt that way, she could have shown more concern and tried to explain to her and also could have been more supportive towards her... At that age, you can mould your kids however way you like, it is only later that they get out of control...

sumaira.daud

Goldie

sumaira.daud

Posted: 17 November 2005 at 12:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Maha21

I would say that there has to be somthing that trigerred that feeling in the elder daughters mind... Come on, at the age of 5, her friends would not have said anything... Maybe the younger daughter was more cute/preety and the older daughter, and the mom or whoever might have said such things at a young age and so caused insecurity at tha age... Also, if the mother knew that at the age of 5 her daughter felt that way, she could have shown more concern and tried to explain to her and also could have been more supportive towards her... At that age, you can mould your kids however way you like, it is only later that they get out of control...

Hmm...u gave me a good argument...therefore I agree!

But I think that the friend is also at fault.  She's raising her up even more to be against her mom and sister.  She's so pakki...I didn't like her voice it was annoying...and she had that annoying english accent...Angry...anyway, I think that this is all just a misunderstanding...and really I don't think the elder daughter should've even brought this on TV...I mean this was a ghar ka muaamla and she brought it out to the world...I think they should've solved it through something else...National TV isn't the answer to everything!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top