Debate Mansion

The Poor of India this Winter, a recognition (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Just cos people are rich does NOT mean they are happy.
Look at all those rich celebs who have millions of $$ yet are still unhappy in life, commit suicide/get divorced etc. My heart reallyy goes out to those poor kids though, I've been to a lot of hill stations and boyy does it get cold in winter at those high mountain points. Almost as cold as London's winter! lol

You're right, something needs to be done and SOON! Maybe once we can get rid of corruption then we can find some sort of solution to poverty and world hunger where people die of starvation every day. :(

I guess i don't really have much of a solution. =\

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Poor of India this Winter, a recognition (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Crimson_Sky

Originally posted by gumsum

To be frank, I don't like seeing pictures of poor or sick kids no matter how real they are, they make me go round. I don't like wondering how many will die this winter, but how many can be saved and how.
So how many can be saved?

forget it.

Edited by gumsum - 12 December 2009 at 7:17pm

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 2:45am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Crimson_Sky

Why we Indians love to forget the pain our more deprived ones are in.

I disagree here. By nature Indians are a charitable lot. Its just that the number of ppl living in abject poverty is simply  too overwhelming. Their number multiplies sooner than U can count. Every year there is an new addition to their family without a thought to how they wud B feeding that newborn. By the time the couple gets convinced about folowing birth control methods they already have 5-6 kids. The govt alone cannot do much for them esp in such a "democratic" country.

Its nice to know that u are reaching out. All of us have to do our bit .
For a beginning we can offer help in cash & kind but for more lasting impact we need to educate them & give opportunities for employment- not an easy task in a country that already has a lot of qualified unemployed youth today!

angelic_devil

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:20am | IP Logged

Actuly if there no correct foundation to solve this issue...Indias whole creativity consists in bringing more and more children into the world.... There s no reason to be surprised by Indias poverty.... Every day thousands are born.... Medicine hs helped people to live long, medicine has helped people to die later and later...and some people believe that to be a great blessing from God... the more children yu have, the more blessed you are...In india people still not aware the birth control and they believe lots of stupid ideas...these foolish ideas have to be changed...govt and people should find the root of the problem...I think Karl Marx seems to be right, at least in a certain sense, that religion has been used as an opium to dupe people and dull their intelligence...If we check,theres lots of games behind these poverty...If the people are poor it is easier to force them into slavery..... if people are poor it is easier to give them beliefs, superstitions..... If people are poor they are always afraid of hell and always greedy for heaven....priests /mulla/other religion can dominate thm and the politician can also dominate them because they are so poor...when you are in poverty...people lose intelligence...better aware them, educate them...alert them the situation then can slowly solve these issuesSmile

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:32am | IP Logged
well Vinu ..I have to agree that keeping ppl poor certainly benefits the corrupt immoral politicians Wink

angelic_devil

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:02am | IP Logged

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:12am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top