The Poor of India this Winter, a recognition

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 6:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Poor of India this Winter, a recognition" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Its sad but what are the factors responsible for this? I would like to add one point here that though we see these ppl in such miserable condition they are not all that unhappy as we think ! Surprised? I have noticed many of these street children happily playing & skipping once the begging was over esp at the street  light corners . May be they have got used to their condition, or perhaps happiness is no ones property. It visits the rich & poor alike.
This is not to say that I approve of such deprave living conditions. I certainly dont ! The govt & some samaritans have been trying hard to rehabilitate these ppl but many of them do not co operate. Its a very complex situation. It has multifactorial reasons . May B we shud discuss some of the reasons for these cond . Both society & individual contribute t this. We cud also discuss ways to help.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilhindu4lyf

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Just bcoz a person wears rich clothes does not mean his smile is genuine just as it does not mean that every smile of an ill clad man is deceptive.
As for non co operation heres how- There are schemes for rehab of beggars . night shelters, food, new clothes , new blankets, chance to earn a livelihood were offered. Many declined as new clothes hampered the effectiveness of begging. They earned a much larger amt by begging than by working.
There are some ppl who R genuinely miserable & want to improve their lot. These R the ones who can B helped . But U cannot help those who do not want to B "helped "!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf..RamKiJanaki..

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
To be frank, I don't like seeing pictures of poor or sick kids no matter how real they are, they make me go round. I don't like wondering how many will die this winter, but how many can be saved and how.

Crimson_Sky

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Just bcoz a person wears rich clothes does not mean his smile is genuine just as it does not mean that every smile of an ill clad man is deceptive.
As for non co operation heres how- There are schemes for rehab of beggars . night shelters, food, new clothes , new blankets, chance to earn a livelihood were offered. Many declined as new clothes hampered the effectiveness of begging. They earned a much larger amt by begging than by working.
There are some ppl who R genuinely miserable & want to improve their lot. These R the ones who can B helped . But U cannot help those who do not want to B "helped "!

Really agree with this point. I've heard of many rich folk who are genuinely unhappy with their lot in life because they cannot experience true happiness due to the pressures and duties which come with being rich, and also the prejudices which many, including relatives, feel toward them. I've heard of rich folk commiting suicide due to their unhappiness. Not saying that's right, but it happened and it continues to happen.

I'm not saying that I don't feel for the poor. I definitely do, and seeing these kinds of pictures really breaks my heart, but there are different kinds of happinesses and unhappinesses, and the unhappiness we're seeing in these pics is one form.

But instead of simply dwelling on the poor state of the poverty in not only India but other countries as well, we should think about how to help them, or if we ourselves can't do anything first hand, we can donate to the various charities which sets out to help them. The situation today is not like how it used to be yesterday. More and more organizations are becoming aware just how serious poverty has become, and they're doing everything they can, but no one matter how much help is being given out, there is more that needs to be helped.

Like Angie said, sometimes it's hard to help people who don't want to be helped as well, because they become defensive and just don't accept your help.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top